**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Apocalypse supposed to stop Jabari Panther's Cleanse?

YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
Self-explanatory title. Feel like Jabari shouldn't be able to purify stun debuffs....and yet, here we are.

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    No, cleanse is a new mechanic, not a purify
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I think it is kind of like nullify and stagger. Some nodes give champions resistance to nullify, but you can still stagger the buffs. Cleanse is like stagger, so apoc cannot bypass that unlike normal purify.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

I think it is kind of like nullify and stagger. Some nodes give champions resistance to nullify, but you can still stagger the buffs. Cleanse is like stagger, so apoc cannot bypass that unlike normal purify.

Stagger IS nullify
    Hopefully, one of the mods can give an inpiut.
  • JahnybravoJahnybravo Posts: 69
    I'm pretty sure Cleanse is more like Tigra's Neutralize. It blocks all buffs on the opponent regardless of Nullify/Stagger immunity or resistance and doesn't count as a Nullify or Stagger for any nodes.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★

I'd bank on her description being changed and not the actual gameplay interaction.

It's annoying when they do things like that, but that's probably what's going to happen. Something like "her purifying cleanse is classified as a shrugification that purifies so is immune to his purification immunity" to make it as clear as mud.
  • JahnybravoJahnybravo Posts: 69
    edited April 2021

Apocalypse's spotlight states this:

Jabari's spotlight states this:

Based on their descriptions, Cleanse is a passive ability that hangs around, waiting to Purify something.

However: is that actually the intention/in-game effect? I haven't fought her yet, so I'm not aware: the question is, does a debuff icon briefly appear?

If a debuff icon momentarily appears, and is removed, then Cleanse is acting as a Purify ability and should be blocked by Apocalypse (and Stun passives should be inflicted by Storm-PX).

If no debuff icon ever appears in the first place, then Cleanse is acting as a Prevent ability, and (arguably) shouldn't be blocked by Apocalypse.

If that's the case, they just need to change the analogy to Cleanse being like Neutralise instead of Stagger.

Thing is immune to Stagger; but his buffs are still prevented by Neutralise.

I think the the problem with the analogy is that it's like both neutralize and stagger. the mechanic seems to work like neutralize in that effect never happens, but it's like stagger because it gets consumed once it prevents it, whereas neutralize stays on even after preventing a buff until it times out on its own. they compared it to stagger to get that consumption part across but at the disservice of the description of the actual mechanic
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

I'm pretty sure Cleanse is more like Tigra's Neutralize. It blocks all buffs on the opponent regardless of Nullify/Stagger immunity or resistance and doesn't count as a Nullify or Stagger for any nodes.

After fighting her twice, I can confirm she is very briefly stunned and it is subsequently removed. You can hear the little jingle of her being stunned before it is quickly 'cleansed'.
    Crcrcrc said:

To everyone that disagreed

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I rinsed her with Apoc, had 90 percent health left, Cav difficulty.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

While it is a new mechanic it says it purifies debuffs. So everyone wins this one.
    YoMoves said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

'by Purifying Debuffs'

So...you're confirming we're right...?
    With the NEW CLEANSE MECHANIC
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    Angela can still be staggered and have her buffs nullified with 3 buffs and max sig. This cleanse mechanic seems to function exactly like that.
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 294
    IMO. They will change purifies to removes, since they stated that it is meant to be like stagger. The description is clear with its intent, and The mechanic was most likely developed with avoiding an apocalypse type ability in mind. Much like bpcw and mordo shaking off stuns in their own ways.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    GNASTY said:

This is a valid point and if a mod could clarify or confirm on jabroni panther purifying Apoc debuffs that’d be cool. Not gonna lie it’d be pretty uncool to create a champ that can shut down purify and then create another purify mechanic that is a different name.

It's almost like champs get released with abilities and then other champs that counter those abilities come into the game by design or something.
  • ZverceZverce Posts: 76
    Just use Storm pyramid X and thank me later...
  • designsodadesignsoda Posts: 118

GNASTY said:

This is a valid point and if a mod could clarify or confirm on jabroni panther purifying Apoc debuffs that’d be cool. Not gonna lie it’d be pretty uncool to create a champ that can shut down purify and then create another purify mechanic that is a different name.

It's almost like champs get released with abilities and then other champs that counter those abilities come into the game by design or something.
    Sure, that's the nature of the game. But this particular "subtlety" is a bit Calvinball. Has that "make it up as you go along" energy. You can tell because cleanse and purify are synonyms... in English at least. APOC can still handle her fine anyway. Just need to be on the ball.
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★

GNASTY said:

Look I hear ya there has to be counters but maybe a tech that is designed to counter Apoc’s ability, not another skill champ that purifies just called a different name but same utility in practicality.