**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Doomking1495Doomking1495 Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: Doomking1495
    Device and Model: OnePlus 9pro
    Device Operating System: Android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: 30.2.0
    Game Mode: game login issues
    Description of the Issue: taking much time to login and not even responding to the internet properly
  • Tsl_ApolloTsl_Apollo Posts: 9
    In-Game Name: • Apollo •
    Device/Model: Samsung Galaxy s21 Plus ULTRA 5G($1200 phone) Android 11 OS
    Game Version: Newest Update (30.2.0)
    I CANNOT LOG INTO THE GAME, I HAVE AQ AND WILL HAVE TO PLACE AW. I AM A VETERAN PLAYER AND I CANT LOGIN TO THE GAME. THIS IS A JOKE KABAM. Us android users have dealt with this **** for months and you don't fix it. I will not spend another PENNY on MCOC until you fix your game!
  • KossukoseKossukose Posts: 59
    edited April 2021
    In game name- Kossukose
    Device model- Xiaomi T10 5G
    System- Android 10
    Wifi & cellular
    Version- 30.2.0
    having log in issues and lag
  • Kenny8375Kenny8375 Posts: 2
    In-game Name: Kenny8375
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
    Cellular or Wifi: cellular (Verizon Wireless)
    Game Version: 30.2.0
    Game mode: startup
    Description of issue: having log in issues when starting up the game. It will just sit on the main title screen and show "Logging In" on the bottom right corner. I have already uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, as well as clearing out the cache and app data. Those only work on the initial setup, but then when you close out the game and try loading it again, it still sits on the main screen. I am able to log in using older devices (running Android 10), but I primarily play on the Note 20 since it is my current phone.
  • mamiarzmamiarz Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: mamiarz
    Device and Model: Motorola g6 play
    Device Operating System: 9.0 Android
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: latest
    Game Mode: every game mode and not only there
    Description of the Issue: Game crashes. Each time new content is realised for the first week i can t even make more than 2 fights. Game crashes on the loading screen before or after the battle. Sometimes even im the middle(especially dr doom specials: game freezes once even for half a hour). I have to reset the game after every 5 loading screens. Sometimes even loading prefight screen, opening crystals or dialogue makes game crash. Essentially IT goes to Black screen and that s how IT crashes every single time. Pls help. I have to deal with IT for at least half a year.
  • AppleRockAppleRock Posts: 1
    In-game name: AppleRock
    Device and model: Samsung Galaxy S21 5g
    Device operating system: Android
    Cellular and wifi: both
    Game version installed: newest
    Game mode: Unable to log in. The game stalls on the opening screen for minutes on end. Issue started with newest update.
  • GOLBGOLB Posts: 57
    In-game name: golb
    Devices and model: Samsung galaxy s20 5g
    Device operating system: android
    Cellular and Wi-Fi: both
    Game version: 30.2.0
    Game mode: will not let me passed the opening screen
    I have tried uun installing it and re installing it, it did not help
  • DFORTUNE03DFORTUNE03 Posts: 90

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
    Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

• DFORTUNE03DFORTUNE03 Posts: 90
    In game name: Dfortune03
    Model: galaxy s20 5g
    Op system: Android version 11
    Service: sprint cell xfinity wifi both in use
    Version: 30.2.0
  • Andrern27Andrern27 Posts: 3
    In-Game name: Andrern1986
    Device: One Plus 8t
    Device OS: Android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (iliad)
    Game Version: 30.2
    Game Mode: All

It's literally impossible to login.
    Initial screen is freeze with login symbol on the right spinning for at least 10 minutes without any change.
  • MartusiaMartusia Posts: 1
    In-game name: martusia
    Devices and model: Xiaomi mi 11 5g
    Device operating system: android 11
    Cellular and Wi-Fi: both
    Game version: 30.2.0
    Game mode: will not let me passed the opening screen
    I have tried uun installing it and re installing it, it did not help
  • rmCardosormCardoso Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: rmCardoso
    Device and Model: OnePlus 8 Pro
    Game Mode: None. I can't log in,
    Description of the Issue: I can't log in. It stays on the log in screen even after multiple atempts. Now it doesn´t work even after I uninstall and install the game again.
  • Mandy_3455Mandy_3455 Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Mandy3455
    Device and Model: OnePlus. 8T
    Device Operating System: 11.0
    Description of the Issue: Game gets stuck on start screen for major duration of the day. Managed to get in the game for only 2 times yesterday. I have reinstalled the game. Opened the game app through playstore but to no avail. Issue being faced for past 2 days. Due to this issue, I was not able to contribute to AQ & AW.
  • Pubert123Pubert123 Posts: 6
    -pubert123
    -Android 11
    -Galaxy Note 20 ultra
    -Both wifi and 4g

Have tried everything. Have to uninstall and reinstall every time to open the game. My daily card is gone and cant open unit store.
  • Xander71183Xander71183 Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name: Xander71183
    Device and Model: LG V60
    Device Operating System: Android Version 11 (software version V600VM20b)
    Cellular or WiFi: Mobile Carrier Verizon. Issue persist on both Wi-Fi and Cell data
    Game Version Installed: Version 30.2.0
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? N/A. My issue is around being able to authenticate and log into the game. Once I am in the game, game modes seem to work as intended.
    Description of the Issue: My issue surrounds being able to log into the game. The issue started on 4/5/20 and I can only log into the game maybe once or twice a day. Once I am logged in, the game appears to be performing as intended.
  • Crash046Crash046 Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Crash46
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy s21 Plus ULTRA 5G
    Device Operating System: Android Version 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Mobile Carrier Sprint. Issue persist on both Wi-Fi and Cell data
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? My issue is logging into the game - I'm stuck authenticating and am not able to log into the game. On a separate note - the game bas been fairly choppy for me for about the last 3 weeks.
    Description of the Issue: My main issue is not being able to log into the game - I've sat on the login screen for hours with no real movement, but I would like to add that I LOVE THE AUTO-PLAY function you added! So thanks for that :smile: Their are a lot of salty folks in this thread, but all in all - thanks for the support and hope it gets fixed soon! As someone who's never missed a daily log in reward - would suck to see my streak come to an end X_X
  • BuTTerStanBuTTerStan Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: BuTTerStan
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
    Cellular or Wi-Fi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: None
    Description of the Issue: Unable to login. Stuck at loading screen for long periods of time. Started after with recent update.
  • CentraCentra Posts: 7

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
    Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

• Andrern27Andrern27 Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: Andrern1986
    Device and Model: One Plus 8T
    Game Version Installed: 32.0
    Description of the Issue: Unable to login. Stuck at loading screen for long periods of time. Started after with recent update, doesn't work Rebooting the app, turn off/on the phone, nor uninstall and reinstall app.
  • W4rdy_74W4rdy_74 Posts: 53
    Game Name: w4rdy74
    Device and Model: samsung 20
    Game Version Installed: 32.0
    Description of the Issue: Unable to login. Stuck at loading screen for long periods of time. Started after with recent update, doesn't work Rebooting the app, turn off/on the phone, nor uninstall and reinstall app
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Stuck on loading screen. Using samsung note 10 plus. Phone is only about 2 years old. Tried it all , restart, delete app, and nothing works.
  • Upcoming April Hotfix Update v30.2.1 for some problems logging in or excessive load times, to maybe (?) come out sometime today...

(also fyi, prev note in changelog, regarding new Setting Option some ppl may have missed if asking about the new feature of Auto-Fight for whole Quests and skipping repeats of Dialog)

• In-Game Name: postman_23
    Device and Model: Asus Rog Phone 3
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Celular and Wifi
    Game Mode: Login Screen
    Description of the Issue: Game Haß exesive loading time. It won't go further than the first login screen.

I've reinstalled the game, after the first attempt i was able to go into the game, at the second attempt, the same issue occurs.
  • Anakin0505Anakin0505 Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: ElDiabro
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S10
    Description of the Issue: Unable to login. Stuck at loading screen for long periods of time. Started after with recent update.

• S0nicS0undS0nicS0und Posts: 9

In-Game Name: CubicPrism
    Device and Model: ZTE Red Magic 5G
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular Vodafone
    Game Version Installed: 30.2.1
    Game Mode: start up
    Description of the Issue: game doesn't start after extended periods of time, clearing cache constantly and reinstalling game as well as restarting phone doesn't help. Was only able to login 2 times since the update after approx 1,5hr trying non stop. Just to save my alliance quest and war.
  • Anakin0505Anakin0505 Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: Anakin0505
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S10

• e_mace_mac Posts: 102
    edited April 2021
    Update on my post above: I have just quit the event quest 3 times because my 5/65 5* Dr Doom can't get past the first defender. I keep getting knocked out because I CAN'T GET MY CHAMPION TO BLOCK OR MOVE. Wasted 18 energy points, because had to restart the quest 3 TIMES! I'm getting really mad about it. This is screwing my progression.
    To allow for this to keep happening shows a lot of contempt from you guys. I am not the only one who's been having this issue.
    Please DO SOMETHING about it.