**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unfair RNG

I’m Thronebreaker, not Challenger. I don’t understand what use I have for 2 5* sig stones and 36k t4b from the legendary side event. I know it’s just RNG, but the side event is supposed to be fun. I don’t enjoy watching everyone else pull 900 6* shards while I’m stuck with completely useless resources, which I wasted my time getting so that I can finish the solo objectives for this month. I just wish rewards were guaranteed, because this side event isn’t much fun without them. It just feels bad.

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    1 try has so low accuracy, that it is pretty dumm to call it "unfair rng". More tries give you better spread rewards (like the more you spin the wheel of fortune, the more fields you land on, including the jackpots eventually.

Also every event has useless pulls, especially in case of rng ones. I mean what do you expect, only t5cc, t5b and 6* shards being there? Because other than those, TB don't need anything else pretty much.

Legendary difficulty is meant to be for cav and higher, so the rewards are designed for pretty wide variety of players. Imho, if there were exclusive TB level, it'd have to be restricted access for TB only. It would make TB happy, but enrage everyone else unfortunately.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★

This is like the third time that I’ve mentioned this in three days, but you do realize that the crystal opening premise, where a huge proportion of the rewards in this game come from.... are....wait for it...... based on RNG. If you’re not a fan of some level of RNG, you may be playing the wrong game my dude.

Crystal rewards and mission rewards are 2 different things. Imagine if the main eq had RNG rewards to the point you might get Master rewards for doing Cav difficulty. Or if after an entire season of War you place in the Gold ranking but RNG only gives you Bronze rewards. There's a reason there's different rewards for different difficulty levels and when it's reduced to RNG it's just not seen as worth the effort. What's the point of having higher difficulty if the rewards don't get any better? That's extra work for no reason. even the crystals get better the higher you go. Sure they're RNG but they're RNG of things at a comparable level of value. Your 6* champ might be RNG but you still get a 6* champ. Truthfully, I'm not even one of the people complaining, but your argument comparing mission and crystal rewards is weak.
    I agree with this guy,
    Well said. Imagine being a TB then you enter the SQ and the drops are not even worth it for UC
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,632 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Comparing it to crystals is pretty accurate because, while there is definitely a variance in the value of the rewards, it is fairly comparable to the difference between a 6* Ms. Marvel and a 6* Doctor Doom. RNG could give you something great, or something less fun but still useful.

Most people I have seen prefer hero crystal shards to all of the other rewards, but to me, a catalyst or sig stone that I could use to rank up a champion of my choice is more valuable than 5% of a 5* Ebony Maw or 3% of a 6* Iron Fist.

Odds are, over the event, with 28 x 7 individual random chances, your rewards will even out to about what everyone else’s are. It’s possible you could get “terrible odds” for the thing that you want, but terrible odds doesn’t change the total amount of rewards that you gain, so you still end up with a similar end value, though have less chance to target what you want.

You can however target what you want by saving up keys and just quitting out before the boss. If you do this more than 3 times, you will forfeit some of the T5CC, but it’s still possible if you want more agency in the rewards that you get and you happen to have great RNG one day.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,632 ★★★★★
    Also, as someone previously explained, this is similar to complaining about the daily login crystal for TB, except the rewards are much more balanced. For logging in each day, you either could get a full 6*, a fully formed T5B, or you could end up with half of a T4B.

Let’s look at that again:

TB Daily variance -
    from 1/2 T4B to 6* champ

Side quest variance -
    from 2 5* sig stones and 1 T4B to 2100 6* shards (not including guaranteed rewards like T5CC, 5* AG, etc)

We can’t entirely compare them because we don’t know the odds, but it seems like people should be complaining about how diverse the login crystals if they have this much problem with the SQ rewards. For someone who has been TB for a while, Legendary difficulty is not Much more than a 4-5 minute investment tbh. I appreciate that not everyone sees the rewards of this quest the same, but I also appreciate reasoned out defense. Saying that this is the equivalent to completing EQ and receiving Uncollected level rewards is just plain not true. Some of the forms of reward might be the same (in fact, you’ll see 5* shards in the Master difficulty) but if you notice, the values of those rewards is far less (I’m talking 75 shards vs 500 shards). The overall value you get is the same, although the method of receiving that value is random, not the players choice.

Not trying to blow this thread up, I just appreciate being able to explain my thoughts that it appears like a number of people don’t agree with so that maybe we can all better grasp the issues and maybe come to an undeerstanding.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    arob2003 said:

I’m Thronebreaker, not Challenger. I don’t understand what use I have for 2 5* sig stones and 36k t4b from the legendary side event. I know it’s just RNG, but the side event is supposed to be fun. I don’t enjoy watching everyone else pull 900 6* shards while I’m stuck with completely useless resources, which I wasted my time getting so that I can finish the solo objectives for this month. I just wish rewards were guaranteed, because this side event isn’t much fun without them. It just feels bad.

I agree, this quest is soooooo unfair. Someone of my stature and prestige should be getting a 25% T5CC crystal of my choice every day. This event is suppose to be fun but unless I get what I want, it's no fun at all.
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    In my opinion
    YES! if it’s RNG for everyone, it is fair!
    NO! rewards in a side quest like this should never be based totally on RNG.

It’s just a bad move from Kabam. They are great at making money and have a great game that make people stick around despite all disappointments. But they are not that great on customer care or psychology.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    2 keys down, no shards. Sigh

Even if rng screws you over, this is still really good
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    That’s the downsides of wanting to make the game ridiculously difficult and trying to keep down smaller players . Throne breakers are a well paying but extreme minority and they are not worth making special content for them . You have to wait until your numbers rise until you get it

Even if rng screws you over, this is still really good

You would get that anyways
    Yes but its apart of the SQ. No matter what you are guaranteed value out of this event
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Man, you’re way better than mine....I got five 5*Signature stone crystals (plus 2100 T1A fragments) in today’s side quest....so sad....
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    So one day out of 30 is enough to make you decide it's unfair?
    And so what that if others got 900 6* shards while you get "comparitively" useless resources? With a spread like this, it'll even out. Chill.
    What happens when others pull Doom and you pull Iron Fist? Do you complain of Unfair Rng?
  • JahnybravoJahnybravo Posts: 69

Also, as someone previously explained, this is similar to complaining about the daily login crystal for TB, except the rewards are much more balanced. For logging in each day, you either could get a full 6*, a fully formed T5B, or you could end up with half of a T4B.

Let’s look at that again:

TB Daily variance -
    from 1/2 T4B to 6* champ

Side quest variance -
    from 2 5* sig stones and 1 T4B to 2100 6* shards (not including guaranteed rewards like T5CC, 5* AG, etc)

We can’t entirely compare them because we don’t know the odds, but it seems like people should be complaining about how diverse the login crystals if they have this much problem with the SQ rewards. For someone who has been TB for a while, Legendary difficulty is not Much more than a 4-5 minute investment tbh.

I think the fact that you can compare the login crystals to the SQ rewards just makes the SQ sound sadder. Is that not terrible gameplay design for the highest difficulty of the brand new special monthly missions to take no more than 5 minutes and give basic rewards on the same level as the free crystals you get for just logging in (not counting the objectives)? Special missions should be a little more exciting to complete than the participation rewards.

A much better comparison would be between two different SQ. The objectives this month are basically the caskets of last month. You get them after completing the SQ enough times. Those are the good rewards we all look forward to. In that sense, the room rewards would be comparable to the rewards you got for each run of the Tiers. And tho some might not admit it yet, you'll probably get more rewards from these rooms than you did from all the Odin runs up to like Tier 7. Only the few runs from Tier 8 and 9 had pretty good rewards for individual runs. Similarly here, only a few of the runs will have the best rewards for most people. But what last month did better was that it built up the small rewards as you moved through the Tiers. For above uncollected, we started at Tier 5/6 (i forget which) and the rewards were meh but we knew it'd get better once we got to the higher Tiers. But the RNG here, as usual, ruins a lot of people's hope that they will get better rewards later which leads them to complain much more in the beginning. Like I said earlier, I'm not one of the people complaining cause I'll wait to see how my luck turns out, but I just don't think you are making it sound any better lmfao