**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Jabari Panther cleansing Apocalypse debuffs.

Primis00Primis00 Posts: 265 ★★★
Am i missing something? Pretty sure debuffs on Apocalypse are immune against being removed, so why is it happening?

Comments

• Primis00Primis00 Posts: 265 ★★★

Apocs debuffs can be removed. They just have reduced purify abiltiy accuracy

It reduces it by 100% and she doesnt have a node that increases accuracy so unless its an ability in her kit i dont know why it happens
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Any word on this? Cleanse specifically says it purifies the debuff, which apoc should reduce to 0% and thus prevent it from triggering.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    Cleanse works in the same way that stagger does. Angela who can reduce nullify ability by over 100% is still susceptible to her buffs being removed by a stagger. Apoc who reduces purify ability accuracy can still have his debuffs removed by a cleanse.
  • AmnetiesAmneties Posts: 43
    When I have four charges on apocalypse, the stun from using a light attack into block sticks, but the one from parry does not, which seems weird to me.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Well then consider removing "purify" in the description because it leads to this exact situation of confusion. Also doesn't this go directly against your design philosophy of introducing an ability and then giving players champions that counter them? The skill class is known for purifying debuffs and just recently got a direct counter in Apocalypse but now you've already made a skill champion who purifies except it's under a new name so it can't be countered.

This is getting similar to the whole Blade fiasco with his AA reduction, champions being immune to AA reduction, but then his AA reduction ignoring their immunity to AA reduction. It's not a good look.

I'm unaware of such a design philosophy. The game has been built on some Champions being able to counter others.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Cleanse works in the same way that stagger does. Angela who can reduce nullify ability by over 100% is still susceptible to her buffs being removed by a stagger. Apoc who reduces purify ability accuracy can still have his debuffs removed by a cleanse.

Hey there, just wanted to shed some light on things and let you all know that the above explanation is correct and that Cleanse and Stagger work in much the same way. You can think of the Purify as existing inside of the Cleanse Passive Effect; to stop the Purify, you'll need to stop the Cleanse, similar to how you need to stop a Stagger to prevent its Nullify.
    Thence make a book of all the difference of all abilities in the game what do what because this gets out of hand very quickly since since of already pointed out confusing between the lines. Can’t said it enough it getting out of hand this isn’t motivation me to play at all more demotivated because now u got get he ect.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

How does one counter cleanse?

Proxima midnight should stop it with her 200% aar. Apart from that, find a champ with unpurifieable debuffs
    (I'm pretty sure those dont exist yet, the closest you can get to that is StormX who punishes Stun purifying with Stuns)
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    Apocalypse:
    I have total molecular control and my debuffs can’t be purified!

Jabari Panther:
    Hold my beer!

Apocalypse:
    You can't do that!

Jabari Panther:
    Can too!

Apocalypse:
    Cannot, stamped it!

Jabari Panther:
    Can too, double stamped it, no erasies!

Apocalypse:
    Cannot, triple stamped it, no erasies, touch blue make it true. [puts his hands over his ears and sings]

Jabari Panther:
    No! No! You can't triple stamp a double stamp! You can't triple stamp a double stamp, Apocalypse! You can't triple stamp a double stamp!