**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

What if MCoC's arena had an online pvp?

MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
This is just a what if and how would you respond to it if it happened?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★
    Online pvp instead of ai would be amazing it be a game of intercepting would make arena fun as fights be long there will need a timer and u win if less health at end of the time
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Quake would dominate as usual
  • LORDSPOOKY66LORDSPOOKY66 Posts: 290 ★★
    Professor X would dominate
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★

Go play Realm of Champions and you can guage how that'd work. But it would be terrible.

They could make online pvp different to mroc so it could be interesting to see in maybe future or something that rewards more bc per fight etc
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Level 3’s would have to have a hit before pvp happens
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Any update to arena should be removing phc shards for cav/ thronebreaker players.
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    I'd stop playing arena, that would make everything take so much longer. It would be a game of both players holding block because as soon as you dash in they could intercept you
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Go play Realm of Champions and you can guage how that'd work. But it would be terrible.

They could make online pvp different to mroc so it could be interesting to see in maybe future or something that rewards more bc per fight etc
    But think about how the play style is in this game. What are you going to do when you come across quakes? Think how passive AI is in arena now, what happens when you have a real person who just waits for you to attack always? Think of all the complaining about disconnects or hackers etc... It just can't work for this game. It semi works in MROC and I like that game but I've had my share of terrible teammates and opponents. I just don't see it working well in MCOC.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

Bendy said:

But think about how the play style is in this game. What are you going to do when you come across quakes? Think how passive AI is in arena now, what happens when you have a real person who just waits for you to attack always? Think of all the complaining about disconnects or hackers etc... It just can't work for this game. It semi works in MROC and I like that game but I've had my share of terrible teammates and opponents. I just don't see it working well in MCOC.
    Honestly the answer is either to stagger your attacks to catch Quakes napping or just casually run Mole Man, Hyperion, or Dragon Man and watch Quake hate herself.

Problem is then you just get into 'who can hit the L3 button first'
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

Bendy said:

Honestly the answer is either to stagger your attacks to catch Quakes napping or just casually run Mole Man, Hyperion, or Dragon Man and watch Quake hate herself.

Problem is then you just get into 'who can hit the L3 button first'
    Yeah but currently in arena, you pick your team before knowing your opponent.

I'm most other pvp games I've played, you have to wait for the opponent to be ready which means they usually have to click a button. Our current arena system won't be able to handle pvp which means they have to revamp it. Matches will take longer which means the arena grind takes longer. This is a major complaint from incursions stemming from random match partners.