**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ (April 10, 2021) [Merged Threads]

Comments

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Wiredawg1 said:

@Kabam Zibiit 2 hour delay? Why not push back a day as you mess over a lot of people in different time zones and it shortens day 5 by 2 hours. Where it effects some alliances rank rewards

It probably won't shorten day 5, they'll just push it back so it ends at 3 MST.

I do see the point about the time zones tho. Definitely gonna affect quite a few alliances
    Yeah that will mess it up for 5 days. Which just sucks.
  • NeoVampyrNeoVampyr Posts: 28
    2 hours later ... It will 23h00 in France ... That sucks
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Best qol aq changes
    1) make aq 4 days and always Monday-Thursday. Friday-Sunday always off.
    2) make section 2 also have 9 lanes so you have a backup for that section as well.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

Plantesan said:

Oh wow, reduced timers while screwing over the international teammates, and day 5...bold move Cotton. How hard is it to kick it back a day...my goodness Kabam team 🤦‍♂️

Anything official has been said? The banner disappeared for me.
    Looks like they updated the banner to mention 30 minute timers for this cycle
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Plantesan said:

Oh wow, reduced timers while screwing over the international teammates, and day 5...bold move Cotton. How hard is it to kick it back a day...my goodness Kabam team 🤦‍♂️

Probably harder than you think. You have to think about all the other AQ series after this. If you push it back a day today, Everything after this series has to get pushed back or they'll shorten the off time between this series and the next. Then you have to reschedule all the events around AQ as well.
  • Hey there everyone, the team resolved the issue and are going to be starting Alliance Quests 2 hours after the normal start time. The end time for the quest will be moved back 2 hours as well and AQ Energy will be on 30 minute timers to help adjust for this change as well. Thank you for your patience as we worked to get this resolved.

Plantesan said:

Probably harder than you think. You have to think about all the other AQ series after this. If you push it back a day today, Everything after this series has to get pushed back or they'll shorten the off time between this series and the next. Then you have to reschedule all the events around AQ as well.
    Yeah, figured it would be a pain somehow.

Best qol aq changes
    2) make section 2 also have 9 lanes so you have a backup for that section as well.

I don't want to always be dealing with AQ while i'm at work.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Best qol aq changes

more people have time on friday-sunday than weekdays
  • DutchP1DutchP1 Posts: 14
    @Kabam Zibiit can we know the variants so we can plan paths, please.

Best qol aq changes

You really want to be doing aq, a game mode everyone hates on the weekend? Lol ok
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    And according to what timezone?
  • adramelchadramelch Posts: 98
    By the time AQ starts some of us won't be awake to be able to join in time. Not even 30 minute timers can make up for not joining AQ when it starts and you know that very well.

Best qol aq changes

You really want to be doing aq, a game mode everyone hates on the weekend? Lol ok
    I'd rather keep the schedule the way it is. I work during the week so I prefer when it lines up with the weekend.

Best qol aq changes

I'd rather keep the schedule the way it is. I work during the week so I prefer when it lines up with the weekend.
    To each their own. I think the opposite and want nothing to do with weekend aq. Especially if it starts 2 hours later. This is going to be a nightmare for mixed us/international groups.
    30 minute timer does nothing if people are asleep lol...

Yeah don't understand this 30 min timer, because it's useless for international members who have already slept.

Best qol aq changes

To each their own. I think the opposite and want nothing to do with weekend aq. Especially if it starts 2 hours later. This is going to be a nightmare for mixed us/international groups.
    30 minute timer does nothing if people are asleep lol...

yes but the 2hr late start won't affect future AQ series. Not sure how that relates what you said about no AQ on the weekend. It's only starting late due to a bug with this series.

Yeah don't understand this 30 min timer, because it's useless for international members who have already slept.

Well when they wake up, they'll get more energy faster for more moves later. May not help right this minute but for later in the days cycle.

Hey there everyone, the team resolved the issue and are going to be starting Alliance Quests 2 hours after the normal start time. The end time for the quest will be moved back 2 hours as well and AQ Energy will be on 30 minute timers to help adjust for this change as well. Thank you for your patience as we worked to get this resolved.

Just gotta change people’ work/sleep schedules and we’ll be good /s

You know that time delay will cause issues with the players regardless of pushing the aq end cycle by 2 hours or not. Should’ve just cut your losses and dropped the week altogether instead of forcing it (I know that’s a week of rank up mats lost but what other options are there that won’t eff people over?)
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Plantesan said:

Hey there everyone, the team resolved the issue and are going to be starting Alliance Quests 2 hours after the normal start time. The end time for the quest will be moved back 2 hours as well and AQ Energy will be on 30 minute timers to help adjust for this change as well. Thank you for your patience as we worked to get this resolved.

You know that time delay will cause issues with the players regardless of pushing the aq end cycle by 2 hours or not. Should’ve just cut your losses and dropped the week altogether instead of forcing it (I know that’s a week of rank up mats lost but what other options are there that won’t eff people over?)
    If you’re willing to drop a week of AQ nothing is stopping you.

Well when they wake up, they'll get more energy faster for more moves later. May not help right this minute but for later in the days cycle.
    Link nodes are now on every lane. So you're going to have to hit mini's linked, or wait till they wake up and the cycle repeats.
    Plantesan said:

If they drop a week of AQ, everyone will be even more upset and expect compensation etc.. Just roll with what it is.

In our alliance most players already sleep. 30 minute timers wont help to complete the maps.
    How long do they sleep for if that's why you can't complete the map?
    edited April 2021

It's showing it's going to end in 30 minutes...... @Kabam Zibiit
  • SpiralSpiral Posts: 84
    Looks like it's 30 minutes to complete the whole map instead of 30 minute energy times xD.
    Nice one.
  • BassanoClapperBassanoClapper Posts: 54
    Just started AQ and it’ll end in 28 mins
    Also, map modifiers say “coming soon”

Just end it and start again tomorrow