**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This weeks AQ is officially cancelled , new Alliance Quests will start on April 18!

2»

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Can someone explain why compensation needs to be given for a week of aq that was not run at all?

Because it's lost rewards due to an error on the company's part.
    I am not going to continue on the compensation for fear of being disagreed out of existence for asking a question. But, it will be a little tricky compensating for what we could have earned from the week of AQ. I am curious to see how Kabam deals with this.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Werewrym said:

The greatest thing since sliced bread ladies and gentlemen... No AQ! I am very excited because AQ is literally the most boring and stale piece of content in the game. Lets start a petition to make this change permanent.

I’ve been doing map 7 since it came out, still doing it daily and still enjoy it. And I love rotating to different lanes and combinations.
    Yeah obviously what I said was an opinion, but I do feel a very large portion of the community does not like AQ. Fights are very easy and generally not that interesting as far as nodes and buffs go. I think it could use a major overhaul to make it fun again. I just think its been too long since there have been any major changes to AQ which is the reason I think it is stale. Content that does not change over time gets stale in my opinion.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Can someone explain why compensation needs to be given for a week of aq that was not run at all?

Because people lost glory that they would've gotten, glad there are always people that complain on positive things without any actual reasoning
    I understand the tickets returned since we could not play the AQ and we missed those rewards. But, I don't understand compensation is necessary for something you actually did not lose. It was not a complaint, I was genuinely confused. Why would I complain if Kabam gives me free stuff? .
    He’s saying that it is pretty obvious that rewards that could easily have been obtained within a certain timeframe but cannot be due to not being available are effectively lost rewards. AQ is about as close to automatic (no effort) rewards as it gets if you aren’t playing competitively at the top, so this is also the same as missing out on free rewards. Compensation in this case is backed by much better reasons when compared to the usual stuff.

mbrace said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Because people lost glory that they would've gotten, glad there are always people that complain on positive things without any actual reasoning
    I understand the tickets returned since we could not play the AQ and we missed those rewards. But, I don't understand compensation is necessary for something you actually did not lose. It was not a complaint, I was genuinely confused. Why would I complain if Kabam gives me free stuff? .
    He’s saying that it is pretty obvious that rewards that could easily have been obtained within a certain timeframe but cannot be due to not being available are effectively lost rewards. This is in fact one of the better reasons to offer compensation as compared to the usual stuff.
    I am not complaining at all. We as an ally were planning to run map 5 to take it easy this week. We ran map 7 last week with epic mods. If the compensation was based on last week, or even the last 3 weeks, we will come out ahead. So, I have no complaints. But, I did not understand the rationale behind the compensation. Thank you for explaining that.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Jaded said:

Werewrym said:

The greatest thing since sliced bread ladies and gentlemen... No AQ! I am very excited because AQ is literally the most boring and stale piece of content in the game. Lets start a petition to make this change permanent.

I’ve been doing map 7 since it came out, still doing it daily and still enjoy it. And I love rotating to different lanes and combinations.
    Yeah obviously what I said was an opinion, but I do feel a very large portion of the community does not like AQ. Fights are very easy and generally not that interesting as far as nodes and buffs go. I think it could use a major overhaul to make it fun again. I just think its been too long since there have been any major changes to AQ which is the reason I think it is stale. Content that does not change over time gets stale in my opinion.
    Well considering alliance quest has been the exact same since the beginning of alliance quest just new maps. I can only see a new map not entire overhaul. It works, it makes us do something daily to earn rewards to rank up our champions. It’s the epitome of what we do.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Jaded said:

Werewrym said:

The Map 7 3 variant rotation helps bit I'd prefer the defenders changed with that rotation as well.

Modifiers help but parry curse is punishing. I don't have much issue with the others but would like to see some different ones.

Werewrym said:

Jaded said:

Werewrym said:

The Map 7 3 variant rotation helps bit I'd prefer the defenders changed with that rotation as well.

Modifiers help but parry curse is punishing. I don't have much issue with the others but would like to see some different ones.
    Really hate the parry curse one. I don't mind all others. Sometimes you accidentally parry and get the timer reduced which is a pain for the next 3 fights.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I am not going to continue on the compensation for fear of being disagreed out of existence for asking a question. But, it will be a little tricky compensating for what we could have earned from the week of AQ. I am curious to see how Kabam deals with this.
    They will likely just go by last week's rewards. And to further explain our view point, it's the theory of missed opportunity. Due to something that was beyond our control. For example: if a side quest was advertised, then failed to launch for some reason, it would stand to reason there would be a compensation of some sort for a missed opportunity for rewards. It wouldn't sit very well with the player base (customer base) if they simply said. "Sorry, there just isn't going to be a side quest as advertised. Better luck next month, cross your fingers we are able to successfully execute it on our end...cheers." It just wouldn't be good business. 🙂

Even though we are not going to perform the tasks usually needed to earn the rewards this week, it is still none-the-less a loss of rewards due to something beyond our control. The fact that we also get a break from the grind for a week is a bonus and a nice side effect. Which should keep the player/customer base happy amidst some execution failures of late. It's just smart business. And a nice thing to do.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

They will likely just go by last week's rewards. And to further explain our view point, it's the theory of missed opportunity. Due to something that was beyond our control. For example: if a side quest was advertised, then failed to launch for some reason, it would stand to reason there would be a compensation of some sort for a missed opportunity for rewards. It wouldn't sit very well with the player base (customer base) if they simply said. "Sorry, there just isn't going to be a side quest as advertised. Better luck next month, cross your fingers we are able to successfully execute it on our end...cheers." It just wouldn't be good business. 🙂

Even though we are not going to perform the tasks usually needed to earn the rewards this week, it is still none-the-less a loss of rewards due to something beyond our control. The fact that we also get a break from the grind for a week is a bonus and a nice side effect. Which should keep the player/customer base happy amidst some execution failures of late. It's just smart business. And a nice thing to do.
    Thanks for the explanation mate. Really nice to get an actual answer which makes sense. Not everyone knows everything.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    There is no need for any compo. Sometimes an unforeseen event can happen...think about how you will now have heaps of time to clear content...the grass is greener on the other side
    Bulmkt said:

There is no need for any compo. Sometimes an unforeseen event can happen...think about how you will now have heaps of time to clear content...the grass is greener on the other side

Well, I am not "The Blitz" anymore. Hope someone will get that reference. :D
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Yeah I'm going to need at least 5k glory to help out with all the potions I can't replenish.
  • WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 135
    I think the only reasonable compensation is a villa on a private island... and a 6* Nexus if they wanna throw that in there but I get that the 6* Nexus is a highly coveted end-game reward so I'll settle for the villa on the private island for now.

Pulyaman said:

Werewrym said:

Jaded said:

Werewrym said:

Really hate the parry curse one. I don't mind all others. Sometimes you accidentally parry and get the timer reduced which is a pain for the next 3 fights.
    Yep..I always seem to be a hare shy of sexing and end up parrying.
    Problem #1 is the sexing. Definitely stop doing that during mcoc.
  • WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 135
    edited April 2021
    Jaded said:

Sexing is NEVER the problem...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Pulyaman said:

Werewrym said:

Jaded said:

Werewrym said:

Fffffffffffffffffff..... Lol I've been outed. I knew I was doing something wrong while playing.
    WeaponX said:

Jaded said:

Sexing is NEVER the problem...
    No, but both at the same time is. 😅😂
  • Apaullus_Apaullus_ Posts: 17
    edited April 2021

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

☝🏻 That’s exactly the point. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious Your main objectives recently have been to maintain balance and fairness in the game. These AQ rewards are important to most of us in order to maintain a weekly progress which rewards gaming and not necessitates money. Despite the hard, covid times IRL, the instability of the game since months, the few mistakes of programming here and there, we are still here. Just send everyone the resources that would have stand for a normal week in MCOC, no imbalance here, just being fair and even nice to your community.
    Post edited by Kabam Dijon on
    Compensation?
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    Tbh not doing AQ feels like a compensation in itself

I was actually looking forward to non link nodes but I don't hate AQ. Many people that I know are simply tired of it though and I get that but at the same time I want compensation for such an egregious error. Glory that I would typically get would be great, they can keep the t5cc overall.
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★

I was actually looking forward to non link nodes but I don't hate AQ. Many people that I know are simply tired of it though and I get that but at the same time I want compensation for such an egregious error. Glory that I would typically get would be great, they can keep the t5cc overall.
    They already said in the message they'll be compensating accordingly bru

They already said in the message they'll be compensating accordingly bru
    Oh I missed that haha. Thanks for the update.