**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• CRYO_88CRYO_88 Posts: 57
    Been playing since day one and about 6 or 7 months ago it started massive load in times anf massive lag doing anything ive sent at least 40 tickets with no help i thought it was my phone but no that wasn't it i just got a s 21 brand new with 5g same exact problem Kabam is either to lazy to fix it or just dont care there favorite excuse is its not us its your network use wifi why would i want to use wifi i have unlimited data get it together Kabam
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    e_mac said:

Update on my post above: I have just quit the event quest 3 times because my 5/65 5* Dr Doom can't get past the first defender. I keep getting knocked out because I CAN'T GET MY CHAMPION TO BLOCK OR MOVE. Wasted 18 energy points, because had to restart the quest 3 TIMES! I'm getting really mad about it. This is screwing my progression.
    To allow for this to keep happening shows a lot of contempt from you guys. I am not the only one who's been having this issue.
    Please DO SOMETHING about it.

It's the same with me. I would advise you to save your keys until the game becomes more responsive. I got KOed by Og BP of all people. It was funny and sad at the same time. No more side quests for me until they fix the game.
    Oh and I just got wrecked by Drax in UC eq. Fun times
  • GoldenArchivistGoldenArchivist Posts: 14
    In-Game Name: GoldenArchivist
    Device and Model: Pixel2XL
    Device Operating System: 11
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 30.2.1
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Game stalls between menus, Arena character selection and opponent selection screens, arena victory screens, Alliance War fights, etc. Going through my 6* roster in arena takes at least twice as long. I flip my phone, back out to my mobile home screen for a moment and come back, go online and jump to a new site, then come back to see if it'll load. The WiFi icon in red shows up long term until it loads. May lose war fights because of it.
  • ieatcerealieatcereal Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: Samson2477
    Device and Model: Galaxy S21Ultra
    Device Operating System: (11)
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi (EE Superfast)
    Game Version Installed: 1135841 version of the game.
    Game Mode: Alliance War
    Description of the Issue: Every fight in war when dashing back has led to lag, the lag when eventually caught up with itself has left my characters being clipped or tagged with a combo.
  • AnjelykaAnjelyka Posts: 5
    in game name: Anjelyka
    device and version: Samsung galaxy tab A
    device operating system: Android 7.1.1
    mobile carrier: T mobile
    cellular or WiFi: both
    game version installed: 30.2
    game mode:I am finally able to login in but when I do it crashes in all modes as soon as I start a fight. It first takes a while to load then it crashes. so far it happens every time I want to battle losing bonus pts in AW and health. I have already done all of technical articles tips plus checking device compatibility.  I also try in other modes but it's the same it crashes mid fight and logs out. I thought that it may be because my device it's old but the updated went without trouble it's just when i try to fight when it crashes.
  • GoldenArchivistGoldenArchivist Posts: 14

In-Game Name: GoldenArchivist
    Device and Model: Pixel2XL
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Game stalls between menus, Arena character selection and opponent selection screens, arena victory screens, Alliance War fights, etc. Going through my 6* roster in arena takes at least twice as long. I flip my phone, back out to my mobile home screen for a moment and come back, go online and jump to a new site, then come back to see if it'll load. The WiFi icon in red shows up long term until it loads. May lose war fights because of it.

I have determined that if not interrupted, the red WiFi icon reliably flashes 32 to 38 times while the wheel spins perfectly smoothly before gameplay resumes as normal. Minimizing the game to do other things on the phone and coming back within that timeframe alleviates the waiting without adding more time to it.

No guarantees how many fights I can do before another approx 2 minute wait.
  • WmrxWmrx Posts: 2
    In game name: WMRX
    Device and model: Moto Z2
    Device operating System: 8
    Cellular or wifi: Wifi
    Game version installed: up to date 4/15/2021
    Game mode: all fights, quests and arenas
    Description of Issue: the graphics in the fights slow down with lag. Then the game crashes. It use to be every 5-10 fights; now it is every 1-3 fights. Sometimes I can't even finish a fight without it crashing. The game won't always recover the fights for me and I lose half health.
  • Deez_TroyDeez_Troy Posts: 9
    Lg Velvet. Samsung A10s. Samsung A1 Tablet
    The crashes have been going on for over a year, along with performance issues with compatability of devices and providers.
    Heavy attacks being charged after one tap, dashing/blocking/parrying not registering with fingers and AI causing deaths or HP loss - thus consuming resources in ranked matchs to achieve a higher score.
    I constantly crash while loading fights in AQ and other quests. It cost 50%hp per crash and if you're doing higher content - you cant afford to lose a champ at the start of a quest.
    There's issues with my block being removed after a lag spike hits while AI dash attacks. And also times where I'm attempting dashing back - and my champ just holds a block for 1 second then leaves himself wide open for a combo.
    I play on wifi and data, both share the same issues.
    The provider of my service has never changed the downfalls of my functionality for mcoc. The problems are identical each time.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    In-Game Name: thanks4playing
    Device and Model: Pixel 3
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi (and Cellular)
    Game Mode: All, but happens much more frequently in harder content
    Description of the Issue:

Dashing back and forward is very buggy.
    - When I hold block and dash back when the opponent dashes forward, I almost always get clipped.
    - When I'm about to dash forward for a medium, the game makes me do a light attack

Parry is also consistently slow. My blocks are always ~.5 seconds late.

Generally speaking, everything seems a bit ~.5 seconds late and dashes seem to be interpreted as a press (e.g., medium attack often gets interpreted as a light attack).

This is becoming more and more common, maybe since the recent update. I tried restarting my phone, reinstalling the game, and I also washed the screen of my phone.
  • Mr_ZMr_Z Posts: 29
    🤣 how's this 2019 investigation going anyway?
  • SilverguySilverguy Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: -Silverpunk-
    Device and Model: Samsung galaxy M30s
    Device Operating System: Android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Latest update
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Not able to login to this account through any means.The app won't load the game menu and isn't showing a connection problem. I tried logging in other devices and used different networks and it keep repeating the same issue.
    All this issue started yesterday while i I'm doing EQ. I got disconnected while I'm doing a fight. So i restarted the app and the game took me to a tutorial fight just like when we start a new account. I did the first quest fight and i restarted the app once more. Afterwards the app isn't loading the game menu and keeps on loading forever. This issue repeats whenever i try to login.
    I really hope that I will be able to regain my account after the on going maintenance.
  • Annihilus_IVAnnihilus_IV Posts: 15
    In-Game Name: Annihilus IV
    Device and Model: Motorolla moto e5 cruise
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular and Wi-Fi
    Game Modes: All Fighting Game Modes

Whenever the animation gets too "flashy" or complex, the game crashes. This circumstance presents itself most often when (as paired in synergy with Human Torch - SP1 incinerates opponents) I throw a SP1 with Thing, the game crashes as soon as the fireballs appear. This isn't the only case - when fighting champs with complex animations, like Apocalypse, Aarkus, Dr. Doom, Mr. Sinister, Guardian, etc... This also happens occasionally during Human Torch's SP2 when he is in "Flame On".

This is especially concerning, as my alliance has commented about me quitting or underperforming lately, but this is due to the crashes. If I go to KO a champ with Thing's SP1, it kicks me, and when I come back in, the champ (which would have been knocked out) is at full health, and my Thing is at half health. This isn't as concerning in regular content, but in AQ & AW, my alliance sees me as underperforming.

I do not want to be kicked from my alliance because of crashing issues. Please help!!
  • EvoTheGamerEvoTheGamer Posts: 10
    In-Game Name: N A N A J I
    Device and Model: Vivo z1 pro (vivo 1951)
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Vivo ROM: Funtouch OS10
    Cellular or WiFi: wifi
    Game Version Installed: version 30.2.1
    Game Mode: Menus, Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: It's simply micro-lagging everywhere.. expect this to be more evident while navigating aq / aw map and at start of the fights, arena and aq / aw the most. Also, while combat fight i do dash back or forward dash it has lag for fraction of second, not always but sometimes. please check and resolve this issue. it was coming from the update of 25 version.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    Horrible lag and loading times today. Fights keep freezing.
  • Everyone is a extended beta tester, every month a new problem, PLZ JUST FILL OUT TICKET. Sign on adjusting line.
  • LemoNotLemoNot Posts: 181
    edited April 2021
    LemoNot said:

not the boy
    Moto G7 Play
    Android 10
    WiFi (I have no cellular data plan)
    Latest version (recently un- and re-installed)
    All parts of the game.

Hi mods, it's me again.
    Every 5-15 minutes, my game will either crash, frame drop as if I'm playing on a dying potato, freeze, or the screen blacks out while the fight goes on in the background, and every time, I have to restart the app. This has cost me several fights, as well as my motivation to keep playing the game. I used to think it's a storage issue, but I have 10 GB of free space on my phone. No game mode, crystal, champion, store, or even unit store screen is safe from the performance drops.
  • WeenerWeener Posts: 13
    In-Game Name: Maheiv
    Device and Model: Huawei P Smart 2019 POT-LX1
    Device Operating System: Android 10, EMUI 10.0.0
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: In any fight, using any character from my roster at least 5 times a day, during combat the game will stick for about 2-3 seconds during the: dash attacks, dash backs, combos, and specials of both my champion and the A.I. During the stick the sounds of the action still occur and after unsticking the action will continue with no sound. It's simply micro-lagging everywhere.. expect this to be more evident while navigating aq / aw map and at start of the fights, arena and aq / aw the most
  • sb_21_1_Jrsb_21_1_Jr Posts: 4

In-Game Name: sb 21 1.
    Device and Model: Remi Note 7S
    Device Operating System: MIUI 12 based on Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: ver 30.2
    Game Mode: Every Mode
    Description of the Issue: The game lags during the loading screen. When I enter a quest or fight, the blue screen takes 30 seconds instead of 5 seconds. The game now takes 5 minutes to load instead of 30 seconds.
  • BraderSawBraderSaw Posts: 76
    In-Game Name: JackFrost50
    Device and Model: Redmi 6
    Device Operating System: Android 8
    Cellular or Wi-Fi: Cellular
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: Every Mode
    Description of the Issue: After 15 or 20 minutes my game is lagging and freeze I played Event quest and arena then crashing after 30 minutes
  • Annihilus_IVAnnihilus_IV Posts: 15
    In-Game Name: Annihilus IV
    Device and Model: Motorolla moto e5 cruise
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular and Wi-Fi
    Game Modes: All Fighting Game Modes

***PLEASE READ THIS, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ALREADY POSTED THIS SAME COMPLAINT***

Whenever the animation gets too "flashy" or complex, the game crashes.

RIGHT NOW, there is a mini boss of Dr. Doom (owned by "I am a boomer") in Alliance Wars. [DWT69] vs [Srcw2]

Me and one of my alliance members have fought him several times. Every time, Dr. Doom will throw a SP2, which has a lot of flames and flashy beams and animation flourishes. This then does the following:

1) freezes the game,
    2) crashes the game,
    3) resets Dr. Doom's health to 100%
    4) sets our attackers' health to 50% of current health

After 6 fights, the opposing alliance is getting kills off of Dr. Doom because we simply can't ever kill him.

The moment he throws a special attack, Dr. Doom gets a reset.

Please Help!!

In addition, I decided not to care or participate in any of the side content, because I can't get my game to stop crashing. I see a fight against a champ with flashy animations, and I skip them on the Deadpool side quest. I found myself quitting a whole cycle once, and haven't gone back yet.

Sorcerer Supreme, Dr. Doom, Air Walker, Guardian, Havok, Apocalypse, Human Torch, Mysterio, etc...

Any champ with flashy animations messes with the real-time fight mechanics and crashes my game.
  • ŁûçkýŁûçký Posts: 2
    In Game Name:- Łûçký
    Device And Model:- Samsung Galaxy J6+
    Device Operating System:- Android 9.0
    Cellular Or Wifi:- Cellular
    Game Version Installed:- Version 30.2.1
    Game Mode:- All (Aw,Aq,Eq,Sq,Arena)
    Description Of The Issue:- My Game is crashing before almost every fight,I am unable to do a single fight in any mode as soon as i push the fight button the screen goes black and game crashes. Its been happening to me from January monthly in game update and i am trying to escalate this issue to the support team since January but they are not taking my isuue seriously and even they stopped answering my mails too,plz solve this issue asap or else i have no choice rather than to leave this game. (Ps:- I am a thronbreaker player and its affecting my game progressions very badly)