**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The RNG element of the side quest is really annoying

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
I get that Kabam likes to experiment but I hope that this is the last time they do this . This is the third time in a row where the rewards are overwhelmingly gold and to a lesser degree sig stones and both are so useless to me that I have zero excitement .

Anyway here is to hoping that I am not the only one who feels this way and that kabam takes to heart the community response and removed this RNG nonsense from future side quests . Our crystals already gives us more then enough rng . No need for more

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Agree, I once got 600 6* shards and wasn’t able to quit out. Ever since, I have gotten T4b and T4cc.

I don’t mind the RNG if the prize is as slightly larger like a 6* AG , 10% T5cc and you feel there is a chance to get something great.

Kind of like how the portal quest use to be and you get a 5* AG .
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Normally the gods of RNG never miss an opportunity to Doom slap me whenever they get the chance... however they're actually being kind to me during this event so far.
    I'm on the grind for 5* shards and there has been 2 or 3 lots of 300 every day so far, and today there was 4 lots. So while I agree I don't really like the randomness, I can't complain.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    As long as you clear the boss, it counts as a completion of the quest, correct?

Looking at a map full of 5* shards, gold, a 5* sigs stone crystal and thinking I will just hit the T2a shards and boss and be done with it.

Dr. Zola
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    Agree
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I think RNG itself is not the issue, the issue is RNG composes of few good stuffs combined with many meh stuffs, and the RNG not matching with tier. e.g. what’s the meaning of giving gold in legendary? why it is still just shards only for T1A instead of a full form catalyst?

If it is RNG of all good stuffs, I think no one will complain like this SQ.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    RNG gives you a chance to get better rewards than you would if the rewards were guaranteed.

As a basic example, you could either have a side quest where you have 50% chance to get 100 5* shards or 50% to get 200 5* shards. Or you could have a quest where you have 100% chance to get 150 5* shards. Over the player base, this averages out to the same amount of shards in the game economy. You may not like it to be up to chance, but it happens.

Whether or not you like RNG, it is part of the game. And some people like the idea of having random aspects to a side quest. I personally like it, there are some guaranteed rewards with the solo events I can work towards, and I can luck out in the side quest. Plus there are so many draws, 7 per run, 30 ish runs over the month, that your RNG will balance out.

I.e. if it was a chance once to get all 6* shards or all 5* shards or t4cc etc, then it would be bad. But with over 200 draws, you’ll end up with pretty good rewards.

This game is based on RNG, it is the backbone of the game. It will show up in events from time to time.
  • SpinnakerSpinnaker Posts: 271 ★★★
    I think it's worth mentioning that this quest doesn't give you big rewards at once like other side events, but the rewards accumulate to be quite a bit. If you consider the expected value of rewards, it does add up to a sizable chunk of 6* shards (over 5000) and as a FTP player struggling to get gold for rank ups, I am liking the >1mil potential of gold from this event. I think the difficulty is a step up from what we've been getting before, but I have found it to be a good challenge. I still think the Sasquatch quests were a bit better with controllable rewards and the same format, but I think this is still good
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    yuw said:

agreed, i only got 300 6star shards in four days :(

Make that 5 for me
    Today I’m staring down three batches of 7200 T4b shards, a +1 sig stone crystal, gold, 5* shards and 5% of a T5b.

Not exactly what I was hoping for...calculating how many fights I need to do to hit the T5b milestone.

Dr. Zola
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Personally I love being able to skip fights when the RNG isn't kind. I love this event, not everything is made for everyone.
    IKON said:

Personally I love being able to skip fights when the RNG isn't kind. I love this event, not everything is made for everyone.

That is the nice thing about this event. Will hit 2-3 fights and then clear boss on days like today.

Dr. Zola
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★

This side quest, these 2 new generic champions, this is the worst month I can remember. Even the artwork on loading screens is plain and boring. Kabam shoulda taken a month off to fix bugs if this is all they could come up with for monthly event, characters, and side quest.

I mean, No Flames?!?¿ What're we even doing? Is this the Worst Timeline?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

IKON said:

That is the nice thing about this event. Will hit 2-3 fights and then clear boss on days like today.

Dr. Zola
    Make sure you do enough fights to qualify for the event milestones. Wouldn’t want to miss out 👍🏻
  • iFilipowicziFilipowicz Posts: 41
    In the meantime I think there has to be something wrong with kabams RNG algorithm!!

Everytime there is anything involving RNG Rewards, I have the, probably, worst possible outcome.
    This event, one time the glorious 6 star shards, until now. LOVING IT! THANK YOU KABAM!
    The RNG factor, integrated in crystals, is clearly not enough.