**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena and Personal Health Concerns

Everytime I play arena I start to fall asleep. I am not sure why this happens, but after a few minutes of play I start dosing off or just completely shutting down. I am not sure if I am going catatonic and just unconsciously tapping the screen or just completely shutting down and falling asleep for stretches of time.

Do you think I have a medical condition that a doctor should look at or is Arena game play just boring?

Comments

• Cptn_PicardCptn_Picard Posts: 7
    so I am not the only person that gets sleepy doing this forced upon game mode?

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    First of all forum is not a good place to seek medical advice. Whilst I can said that arena is repetitive and boring and thus I also fall in sleep periodically, you are still recommended to seek medical advice from doctor.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Cptn_Picard you are obviously trolling, but I feel you. I hate arena and run as much as I can make myself run. At this point I typically only run 6*s. Play it listening to a podcast or audio book, or watching a movie.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    It makes me fall asleep. Whenever I have difficulty to fall asleep I go to arena for some time and magically fall asleep and let the phone die out of battery. Charge the phone up when I wake up.
    DNA3000 said:

Everytime I play arena I start to fall asleep. I am not sure why this happens, but after a few minutes of play I start dosing off or just completely shutting down. I am not sure if I am going catatonic and just unconsciously tapping the screen or just completely shutting down and falling asleep for stretches of time.

Do you think I have a medical condition that a doctor should look at or is Arena game play just boring?

It is completely normal that when someone is engaged in an activity they feel is completely uninteresting, their mind can become disengaged and that lack of focus combined with repetitive motions that require very little thought can combine to make that person very sl
    DNA3000 - thanks man
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 906 ★★★
    The only time I fall asleep playing this game, is if I'm playing in the early hours of the morning.
    Also, pretty sure a game forum isn't the best place to ask for medical advice. Speak to your doctor if you are genuinely concerned about sleep apnea or narcolepsy.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 506 ★★★
    I assume this was said as a joke, (if for real outside this game get help) but I’m the same way only with arena. After too much i get sleepy and will fall asleep sometimes mid fight, maybe lose a fight but keep my streak alive!
    Well, I think Arena is boring. I was surprised to find it making me fall asleep no matter what time of the day it was.

I wonder how many people find the same thing and if it is feedback that should go to Kabam.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    Play your favorite music collection while doing arena u won't feel a thing or try out a new move in mcoc using arena it will keep u focused.

Play your favorite music collection while doing arena u won't feel a thing or try out a new move in mcoc using arena it will keep u focused.

It is interesting that the exact opposite is needed when you have hard content like AQ/AW/EQ - you need a quiet spot where you wont be interrupted.
  • Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★
    I sleep too bro, arena is just too boring, lol
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★

It is interesting that the exact opposite is needed when you have hard content like AQ/AW/EQ - you need a quiet spot where you wont be interrupted.
    I always off in-game music and use mine with sfx game. I play music in all contents it actually keeps me focused and in the zone.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Watch WandaVision or Falcon & Winter Soldier while playing arena :)
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    My approach on arena: don't do more than the first 2 milestones unless you enjoy it, or are shooting for a specific champ.

IIRC arena nets you around 60 units/hr, and units are valued at around 30 units/USD -- that means arena translates to around 2 USD/hr by Kabam's standards.

So yeah, dont enjoy arena? Good news! A minimum wage job pays a lot better.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It could be that the repetitive nature triggers an ASMR response with you. Certain rituals make people tired. It could also be the time of day and amount you're playing. I'm a bit hard-core and I've done Grinds until I sleep, but that depends on what I'm going for.
  • A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75

when in your 278k+ PVP fights won you realized arena was boring? lmao
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Instead of playing arena, why not you know, actually sleep
    I swear people nowadays can't think of answers to the simplest of problems
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Nah, probably just you.
    I fully enjoy my 150+ arena rounds every 3 days.
    Much more fun than Variants, Story and AQ. Also, a lot more challenging.
    Would advice to see a docter ASAP
    It used to be so quick to run arena when it was just the 4*. Now it seems that arenas get longer and longer and that makes it boring.

It would be great if they just halved the point requirements for all milestones in all arenas. Spending less time in arena would make it less boring and it doesn't stop people from reaching 70M+ points for that champ they must have.

Another thing that is horrible for players is the 11h refresh for 6* champs. This just pushes the actual time I can play these champs to more inconvenient period - instead of this refresh, why not make it like the daily duel credit system so that you can play the 6* champ two times per day and that you pay to recharge them as much as you want.