**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I paved the way so you don’t have to. (DDHK)

Comments

• MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Daredevil is one of my favourite characters now, absolutely loved his buff. I’ve been finding him really useful in wars and general questing. His synergies work perfectly with some of the other champs I use a lot like Spider-Gwen and psylocke too. That miss synergy is huge and the 100% AAR is awesome, especially when you can keep it up the entire fight. I posted a guide a for him on Reddit not long ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/m30dsq/an_in_depth_guide_to_the_devil_of_hells_kitchen/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    slacker said:

Tbf he just need his regen fixed and increase chance in sp3 to higher % then he'll be very good and increase his DPS greatly.

Makes his regen 100% rate, give his sp3 chance a 45% chance to procc and he be extremely solid
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    slacker said:

Tbf he just need his regen fixed and increase chance in sp3 to higher % then he'll be very good and increase his DPS greatly.

I have a couple videos on this post displaying his DPS.

If his regen rate was set to 100% he would be very powerful , Kabam wasn’t kidding when they said he can sit on a heal all fight. I personally wouldn’t want that if it meant getting rid of his regeneration. As far as suicides go, I can probably run him with bleeds and heal all the damage back.

I do think the SP3 needs a higher % chance to activate , but I also think that mechanic should just be a dash back animation like overrun or overpowered
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    zeezee57 said:

If they set his regen rate to normal and just had the reduced rate for his personal debuffs I think he'd get a lot more love. Running suicides just takes him out of the game entirely and that's a large portion of players. He's not a good enough champ to consider a mastery change around so he's just non existent to that whole segment of the player base.

i think he's fine the way he is, although i agree hes not a champ i would have spent units to turn off suicides for, but once i did need to turn them off, i've been having a lot of fun with him.

I wish all champs had utility trade offs like this, yet we have champs like Ghost, CGR, Sparkles, Fury, etc... that have crazy damage potential with little to no effort.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    RakeYoung said:

zeezee57 said:

If they set his regen rate to normal and just had the reduced rate for his personal debuffs I think he'd get a lot more love. Running suicides just takes him out of the game entirely and that's a large portion of players. He's not a good enough champ to consider a mastery change around so he's just non existent to that whole segment of the player base.

i think he's fine the way he is, although i agree hes not a champ i would have spent units to turn off suicides for, but once i did need to turn them off, i've been having a lot of fun with him.

I wish all champs had utility trade offs like this, yet we have champs like Ghost, CGR, Sparkles, Fury, etc... that have crazy damage potential with little to no effort.
    If every champion was as incredibly good as them it would be a boring game. You have to have low champs to have average champs, you have to have average champs to have great champs, and you have to have great champs to have insane champs.

If you say oh why couldn’t DD be better, you can say it about every champion. Daredevil is usable and good, I think his buff was very successful even though he isn’t insane.

I love using him
    zeezee57 said:

I guess the question is, how many players are actually running suicides? We don’t know. The forum is a relatively small pool of people to go from. Some people don’t like omega or Corvus because suicides are mandatory and they don’t run them.

They are expensive masteries to unlock and anyone in serious wars are swapping them when the place defense.

Anyways, I think your opinion is valid that him not being 100% suicides friendly can turn a lot of people off. Good thing there is close to 200 champs in the game.

RakeYoung said:

zeezee57 said:

If every champion was as incredibly good as them it would be a boring game. You have to have low champs to have average champs, you have to have average champs to have great champs, and you have to have great champs to have insane champs.

If you say oh why couldn’t DD be better, you can say it about every champion. Daredevil is usable and good, I think his buff was very successful even though he isn’t insane.

I love using him
    It would be like street fighter.

Good points *^
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    How important do you think the sig is? Does it make or break the champion?

How important do you think the sig is? Does it make or break the champion?

One of the biggest things He has going for a him is his ability to regen from the willpower. Without his signature ability he is unable to trigger healing on command. Instead you would have to trigger it through the SP2 instead of just a heavy attack to re trigger the regen.

Without his signature ability i wouldn’t have ranked him.

I give these comparisons :

It’s not as dependent as omega red= max for most potential.

It’s not as forgivable as falcons signature ability = Has to wait 2 seconds longer .

It’s along the lines of archangel sig ability= not awakened means no neurotoxin heal block or AAR.
  • DrZola said:

Who would get the nod between these two?

My 6* Skill roster is thick around the good-very good-buff bait tiers with these two plus Elsa and KM at R2, Ronin hanging around at R1 and awakened Karnak, CWBP and AV begging for a buff.

I’d like to love DDHK. I’m watching your videos and feel like he’s got potential people have failed to unlock, but I’m thinking my next Skill rankup needs to be someone who gets R3 treatment.

Dr. Zola

KM in my eyes.

Daredevil is one of my favourite characters now, absolutely loved his buff. I’ve been finding him really useful in wars and general questing. His synergies work perfectly with some of the other champs I use a lot like Spider-Gwen and psylocke too. That miss synergy is huge and the 100% AAR is awesome, especially when you can keep it up the entire fight. I posted a guide a for him on Reddit not long ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/m30dsq/an_in_depth_guide_to_the_devil_of_hells_kitchen/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Very detailed I’m going to have this read this when I get home!

I skimmed through it and saw some good stuff there .
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 840 ★★★★
    I think, to me at least, he's a fair bit better than he was. But I wouldn't want anyone ranking him up under the perception he's currently a major damage dealer or a regeneration supremo. That IMHO would be misleading.

If you want a Miss counter or someone to deal with thorns, and don't have one already then yes he's worth considering. Likewise for other elements in his kit. If you already have champions who do what DDHK does better though, then you'd be better to consider spending your precious rank up resources elsewhere.

Now, if Kabam can make some minor changes to his kit to deal with the widely known concerns then the argument for ranking him up generally would be stronger.
    Chobbly said:

I think, to me at least, he's a fair bit better than he was. But I wouldn't want anyone ranking him up under the perception he's currently a major damage dealer or a regeneration supremo. That IMHO would be misleading.

If you want a Miss counter or someone to deal with thorns, and don't have one already then yes he's worth considering. Likewise for other elements in his kit. If you already have champions who do what DDHK does better though, then you'd be better to consider spending your precious rank up resources elsewhere.

Now, if Kabam can make some minor changes to his kit to deal with the widely known concerns then the argument for ranking him up generally would be stronger.

🤔 but he can deal impressive damage and can heal non stop. It’s not misleading , just as accurate as possible. He is a high utility character with respectable damage.

The issue with the skill class in general is they all kind of do nothing , but a little of everything . It call comes down to play style and preference.
    edited April 2021
    I think he can deal okay damage, I'm not saying that it's bad. Hyperion, CGR, that's impressive damage. For DDHK, get a couple of Fury buffs going and it's nice for a while. The Fury/CMM synergy helps the furies last a bit longer. But it takes more effort to get to that level of damage, even if only for a while, than many other champs.

He does have utility. I would recommend ranking him up if you need that utility. The Miss change was a really nice surprise. But I'd recommend looking to other champions first for damage output.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Texas_11 said:

https://youtu.be/OTFHxiTPPBw

Here is a video with a synergy of she hulk and mole man.

The damage is starting to get a little more than just “okay” I am putting this closer to above average.

I LOVE that you are giving DDHK the respect he deserves, while so many others gloss over him. You have my respect.
    His damage is quite something if you play him right, id dare say it's mid god tier.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Wild thing, I think I love you.
    edited April 2021

Texas_11 said:

The damage is starting to get a little more than just “okay” I am putting this closer to above average.

Could you show some fights where he shines? Like where his utility is shown? I like playing him but I have a ton of great skill options and I don’t know if I want to invest in him yet. I would use a variant gem though when I get one.
    He's a lot of fun where there's damaging debuffs or miss. Non- Damaging debuffs (thanks for the correction @Speedro420 ) just spam heavy to stay in the mode where you shrug off, you get a lot of cruelty. Miss you can just ignore. He's the only miss counter in game who can just ignore it without having to do anything I believe.

Texas_11 said:

Could you show some fights where he shines? Like where his utility is shown? I like playing him but I have a ton of great skill options and I don’t know if I want to invest in him yet. I would use a variant gem though when I get one.
    He's a lot of fun where there's damaging debuffs or miss. Damaging debuffs just spam heavy to stay in the mode where you shrug off, you get a lot of cruelty. Miss you can just ignore. He's the only miss counter in game who can just ignore it without having to do anything I believe.
    I thought he could only shrug non damaging debuffs like armor break or parry?

Texas_11 said:

He's a lot of fun where there's damaging debuffs or miss. Damaging debuffs just spam heavy to stay in the mode where you shrug off, you get a lot of cruelty. Miss you can just ignore. He's the only miss counter in game who can just ignore it without having to do anything I believe.
    I thought he could only shrug non damaging debuffs like armor break or parry?
    Yeah you’re right, I thought it in my brain when I wrote the comment but didn’t type it, came out as the opposite lol
    edited April 2021

Texas_11 said:

Yes,
    I’m currently working on some content that focuses on utility rather than damage. I have a couple of videos, and I have been pretty impressed so far. I also have some bad match ups to show that I thought he would be good for.

I’ll probably post them later this evening .
    @Texas_11 I’ve been waiting until the end of the war season to do this. Was waiting to see on the off chance I awaken him

It’s on my mini, so I’m not bothered about waiting for Nick. I think he’s so much fun to play, and he has awesome utility for my mini. I need a miss counter
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,782 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

Texas_11 said:

A prime example of a fight where he shines, is the ElectroLuke boss fight in Act 7.1. He takes no damage back from hitting Luke ( provided he is sig 200), he totally bypasses Falter and he also never misses his combo, even when hit.

There is a node in Map 6, which I do not recall the name of, that you get degen damage once you lose your combo. He bypasses that.

His Miss bypass mechanic actually makes him very current-meta relative champ. It may sound niche, but it’s really not. Kabam places Falter and similar modes more and more often and also as champ defensive mechanic.

His Miss bypass mechanic actually makes him very current-meta relative champ. It may sound niche, but it’s really not. Kabam places Falter and similar modes more and more often and also as champ defensive mechanic.

I really like this bit of his kit. I find it more useful than some of his other utility to be fair. Against Ghost and Professor X, just two examples I can think of off the top of my head, it makes a pretty big difference. Unlike some of his utility which requires synergies or combo counts, this bit just works.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,782 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

Awesome, yes I have noticed falter mechanics coming out a ton. It really is nice to not have to change your play style to counter it. Do you know if at sig 200 if he takes no damage from mojo’s degen or Ebony Maw? That would be cool utility as well. I’m still pretty far off from sig 200 but after I sig aegon up I could throw stones in him.

I have not tested him, but normally he should take the degen. His signature works against damage that he would take when hitting the opponent with physical (not projectile) hits. He can totally bypass Thorns damage for example.

Something to add in his anti-Miss mechanic: he can totally ignore Invisible Woman's or Darkhawk's miss. And they can be annoying defenders in certain nodes. I know people are looking for certain counters of IW in Abyss and they bring usually Fury, if they have him, to counter her. Perhaps DDHK could be an even better counter for her...?
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Chobbly said:

I really like this bit of his kit. I find it more useful than some of his other utility to be fair. Against Ghost and Professor X, just two examples I can think of off the top of my head, it makes a pretty big difference. Unlike some of his utility which requires synergies or combo counts, this bit just works.
    Yes, you don't need to do anything but still bypass miss is 1 of things i liked in DDHK.

@Texas_11 I’ve been waiting until the end of the war season to do this. Was waiting to see on the off chance I awaken him

It’s on my mini, so I’m not bothered about waiting for Nick. I think he’s so much fun to play, and he has awesome utility for my mini. I need a miss counter

This was my war reward, no skill champ, no DD dupe- so it left me free to do this..

Now I just need to unlock willpower on that account
    Congrats !!! He is a very good champ , and as an alt where you need as many health restoration abilities as possible it will help.
    Texas_11 said:

This was my war reward, no skill champ, no DD dupe- so it left me free to do this..

Now I just need to unlock willpower on that account
    Congrats !!! He is a very good champ , and as an alt where you need as many health restoration abilities as possible it will help.
    Yeah, I already have I-abom as a 5/65 on my alt so it will be good to get willpower anyway. DD has a 66% reduction to damage at that sig, so I'm not sure how useful it will be. But I can't wait to use him anyway!