**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Guidance Boost Pre Fight

RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
The ability is giving more then guidance to other champs. At first i thought it was happening against Jabari but apparently it occurs against other champs who are under the guidance pre fight.

Not sure if it's a bug or working as intended but when you parry you get bounced back as if KP belly heavy is somehow mysteriously there lol when parrying champs.

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    You pretty much always get bounced back when you parry but it pushes you to a distance where you can still land a heavy and the preflight applies to #hero and #metal
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

The ability is giving more then guidance to other champs. At first i thought it was happening against Jabari but apparently it occurs against other champs who are under the guidance pre fight.

Not sure if it's a bug or working as intended but when you parry you get bounced back as if KP belly heavy is somehow mysteriously there lol when parrying champs.

I noticed it is a odd interaction. Although it never stopped me from hitting after the parry so I haven’t found a reason to try to report it as a bug. It is a odd amount of distance tho.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

You pretty much always get bounced back when you parry but it pushes you to a distance where you can still land a heavy and the preflight applies to #hero and #metal

Nope, this does not work if you’re using colossus. I posted a video in one of the many threads about this yesterday, showing the same fight with and without the preflight ability (skip to 1:41 to view without the preflight)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HEPTjNMXZ5Y

I had another strange interaction this morning with White Magneots prefight.

I used it on a Korg in the month cavalier event, fought with Dr Doom and then took damage back when I parry -heavied. I’ve never taken any damage back using Doom vs Korg before. Can post a video later if needed .

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

SWORD78 said:

Nope, this does not work if you’re using colossus. I posted a video in one of the many threads about this yesterday, showing the same fight with and without the preflight ability (skip to 1:41 to view without the preflight)

I used it on a Korg in the month cavalier event, fought with Dr Doom and then took damage back when I parry -heavied. I’ve never taken any damage back using Doom vs Korg before. Can post a video later if needed .

Dooms heavy is physical damage, so you take damage from Korg
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

MikeHock said:

SWORD78 said:

Dooms heavy is physical damage, so you take damage from Korg

Thanks for letting me know. I usually don’t use Dooms heavy vs Korg but wanted to check to see if it connected. Wish there was a way to know what attacks are contact or non contact.