**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant 7 is way too easy

Comments

• Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★

Was planning to use Ghost for Chapter 2 final bosses and got my ass handed to me since she's villain.

Oof that sucks man. Aegon finished up the 2.1 boss and Stealthy absolutely demolish the 2.2 Gwen. I had to enable my god-tier intercepting skills because I was at like 20% against Spider Gwen
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,903 ★★★★★
    I’m tempted to go back into V1 and see how it is with my current roster. I did 100% on it I think in summer 2019 and it felt great to be done with. Maybe I’ll revisit and see how it feels sometime for fun now that I’m rocking at least one 6* r3 of every class
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I’m tempted to go back into V1 and see how it is with my current roster. I did 100% on it I think in summer 2019 and it felt great to be done with. Maybe I’ll revisit and see how it feels sometime for fun now that I’m rocking at least one 6* r3 of every class

Honestly, it's not as hard as we thought it was. I did the initial run of V1 when it came out and it was really hard since I didn't have a good roster as well.
    Then did 100% of V1 in December of 2019 with a way better roster and even though I didn't have all the best counters, it was pretty easy compared to what it was. If I go in now, it'll honestly not be hard since we have most of the counters for the stuff we thought was hard then.
  • EtherionGodEtherionGod Posts: 243 ★★
    I wouldn't say it was too easy, there were just alot of cheese paths, that i'm sure we all took. Try 100% it and im sure it'll be fairly difficult.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

I got my sorry ass handed me to by that black freaking panther

He tore me a new hole. Swear I didn't parry him either
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I'm gonna ago out on a limb and say the people who think it's too easy are far less than those who don't and the content is trying to find a middle ground that isn't going to please everyone, so it is what it is. Some will think too easy, some too hard and some just right.

I have no formula or special insider information, but I'm ranked around 65k on the leader board with a 1.35m account. I'm usually war mvp and aq boss killer and have done most end game content. But I try to get through content itemless and had to use some potions and a revive or 2 here and there. If you don't have a good counter or a perfect fight on every matchup, you can get punished and there are tons of people far below my level. Millions of people play this game, not just the top 100,000 accounts.

Honestly, no one really cares if something is too easy for the top people, except for some of them in that particular group, which unfortunately for them, is a smaller subset of players than they realize.

Thank you for the new content and new rewards. I did have to concentrate a bit and I did have to use a few items. It was fun, not overly difficult, but did have some challenging or unique matchups with my roster. I can imagine that certain matchups like weapon flex are gonna cause trouble for people who don't have a warlock or a consistent heal blocker. If you have all the counters, especially as R5 5*, 6* r2/R3, it's gonna feel easy. But if you're missing certain champs or a specific counter (like that 1* hulk in v4), then you know that it can still be challenging or require units/items to push through.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    IMO it was slightly more harder then V6 for me since I wasn’t fully prepared for a few paths as I was in V6.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

This game is funny. We all work hard to get champs and rank them up, and when we get enough of them then all of a sudden the content seems easier.

And magnets, how do they work?

I like how you’re implying that any level of content is easy when you have rank 3 6*.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Kabam's biggest mistake was letting people's roster outpace the content.

I think they should make more content like V4, except harder. Much, much harder. Hell, make an absolute hell-mode 3*-only variant. It'd give a reality check to people who bust through these things with God-tier 6r3, or even 5r5s.

If there's anything that rando-incursions have taught me, it's that most people suck at this game. It's incredibly weird handholding players with a trio of 6r3 gods, but it's less uncommon than you'd expect.

it doesn't matter the difficulty of the content because of the whales who complete it no matter what on the first day. they paint a very unrealistic picture of this game to the people who simply "watch" and perhaps for some on the message boards.

when Abyss came out and it was done in a day, the mystique of it diminished. now, people think spending 3K+ units on something is somehow not hard?? i'd say heck yeah it is. i still haven't done Abyss. and don't plan to anytime soon. i just don't see the fun in spending 3K+ units on something for just a clear .. not exploration.

Kabam is unfortunately creating content now to keep pace with a few select pockets of players. Variant 7 is fun to me. it's not the most difficult but at the same time, it's not the easiest. there are some challenges .. those will scale of course depending on skill and roster.
    This a fundamental misunderstanding of the end game players. We're not all whales. Personally it took me around 6 months to finish exploring abyss, and every month it seems I'm offering advice to my ally members on abyss in a P2 ally.

You don't have to find spending 3k units a path, the thing is, those kind of challenges are what I play for. By continually reducing the difficulty, the game is no longer what I found enjoyable about it. I hope it changes soon, because I'm questioning why I'm bothering the hunt for T5CC when I clearly don't need it.
    Sometimes when people talk whales they mean $$$ and sometimes they mean people with a zillion units (via cash or grind) and almost every champ available in the game at 5 or 6 rarity and a high rank and sig. I know players that don't spend and have 10k+ units at any given time, rank ups due to T5B expiration, several rank 3 champs and blast through any and all content in a day and then:Bored now 😐