**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

R5 Thor or Angela

YoungspookyYoungspooky Posts: 60
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Having a discussion with a few members on who would be the better upgrade both duped

R5 Thor or Angela 118 votes

Thor
55%
Etaki_LirakoiVdh2008NevvBSnizzbarGbSarkarAlfa_PigeonBadroseLeNoirFaineantNoob_2yrsAnimejay70AjavedTheLazyKingmostlyharmlessnSpity68CapWW2DarkDarkZenItay1234212Mrbeast6000GreatScott 66 votes
Angela
44%
GrubScnarfCarmel1Mr_PlatypusWorld EaterDarkstar4387AakashErza_ScarletZoddymamTKalSaiyanYellsomeHell_GoliathAfridNguyenDauLethaldoseHazerfaceZane22SakkbanARMAGEDDON999 52 votes

Comments

• KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Thor
    Thor, just because there's no 5 star version. Both are very good attackers.
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    Angela
    Angela deals more damage .
  • jp2835jp2835 Posts: 147
    Angela
    Thor needs high dupe against angela
  • YoungspookyYoungspooky Posts: 60
    Angela
    Afrid wrote: »
    Angela deals more damage .

Can you elaborate a bit more trying to prove this to them but I’m having some difficulty’s which is why I cane to the forums
  • Vince1976Vince1976 Posts: 44
    I am very interested in this also. My r4 Thor is sig99 and i should dupe my angela on todays arena. I have the cats to rank them to r5 so am really interested in who is best between them
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Vince1976 wrote: »
    I am very interested in this also. My r4 Thor is sig99 and i should dupe my angela on todays arena. I have the cats to rank them to r5 so am really interested in who is best between them

I have them both at R5, Thor at 99 sig, and I go for Thor every time. I find his damage at least equal, possibly better, but more than that I find his ability to stun lock invaluable. And, as others have said, there's no 5 star version (and possibly never will be).
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Thor
    Unless an opponent is stun immune, the fights are quick because he's a serious damage dealer.
    edited October 2017
    Angela
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    Unless an opponent is stun immune, the fights are quick because he's a serious damage dealer.

Angela is proven to better in longer fights... as she deals much more damage than Thor she’s probably second only to Hyperion but I need a better way to explain it better than that cause my alliance doesn’t believe me. They’re all hyped up on. The Thor fanboy train
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Angela
    Thor is easier to play as it only consist of hit and stun. His damage is good
    Angela requires more to play as you gotta maintain her fury buffs to do about 2x damage than Thor.

Thor NEEDS to be awakened to be good, Angela doesn't care at all about it.
    Angela has regen that's not much but it helps especially with suicides.

Thor with two armor breaks and fury still doesn't do the damage Angela does with two fury buffs.

Only Cosmic that deals more damage than Angela is Hyperion and that's saying something.
    Angela
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Actually Angela is able to keep between 1500 and 2250 fury on her at all times. Coupled with her armor ups and regen she’s quite amazing at longer fights and is far less reliant of parry (which seems to phase between working/bugged) and Angela can not only take a missed parry but also take it surprisingly well and if you’re REALLY in a long font her limited regen is another neat bonus

Thor however is very reliant on parry. His damage comes mostly from debuffs which let’s be real, new champs are getting better at removing like KingPin and Blade to be specific. His play style is very demanding on parry meaning of you want to avoid block damage all together and work on intercepts it’s he better to ditch him. Intercepting actually hurts his damage output which kinda feels like a kick to the teeth late game. And as far as stun chaining goes:

Jane Foster
    Hulk
    Gambit
    Ronan

And technically QUAKE

All drunk chain better in some aspect.

Also against weaker enemies with less armor his breaks are meaningless as past a certain point they will hit Zero Armor and there is no negative anymore.

Comparatively Thor has a pretty low crit rate compared to Angela and other heavy hitter contenders. I think this is common knowledge but crits are like important! 11% Thor vs 25% Angela

Angela hitting more than DOUBLE the crits Thor does, plus being more stable with her damage, PLUS being ALLOWED to intercept all put her above Thor on a technical aspect

THANK YOU!
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Thor
    A damage comparison of the cosmic champs was done on Reddit. Can someone link that here if they find it?
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Thor
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Actually Angela is able to keep between 1500 and 2250 fury on her at all times. Coupled with her armor ups and regen she’s quite amazing at longer fights and is far less reliant of parry (which seems to phase between working/bugged) and Angela can not only take a missed parry but also take it surprisingly well and if you’re REALLY in a long font her limited regen is another neat bonus

Thor however is very reliant on parry. His damage comes mostly from debuffs which let’s be real, new champs are getting better at removing like KingPin and Blade to be specific. His play style is very demanding on parry meaning of you want to avoid block damage all together and work on intercepts it’s he better to ditch him. Intercepting actually hurts his damage output which kinda feels like a kick to the teeth late game. And as far as stun chaining goes:

Jane Foster
    Hulk
    Gambit
    Ronan

And technically QUAKE

All drunk chain better in some aspect.

Also against weaker enemies with less armor his breaks are meaningless as past a certain point they will hit Zero Armor and there is no negative anymore.

Comparatively Thor has a pretty low crit rate compared to Angela and other heavy hitter contenders. I think this is common knowledge but crits are like important! 11% Thor vs 25% Angela

Angela hitting more than DOUBLE the crits Thor does, plus being more stable with her damage, PLUS being ALLOWED to intercept all put her above Thor on a technical aspect
    I keep seeing people say you can’t get negative armor and I’m pretty sure they’re 100% wrong, Thor still does massive damage against Iron fist, BP CW and Karnak with his armor breaks but they all have 0 armor to begin with.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Angela
    The debate of how Armor works after 12.0 is still going. But that's beside the point.

Thor falls in comparison to Angela in all cases. The most I've seen Thor do on a medium is about 3000 with 2 armor breaks and a fury. Angela with 3 fury does about 4500 on a medium with the exact same mastries. (on ROL WS)

No to mention Angela has a heal, and with her rotation and SP2, he crit chances are silly levels of high meaning the overall DPS with the crits through out a fights is MUCH higher. as Otter said, Thor's base crit chance is 11% while she has 25% AND you can gain over 2000 extra crit chance. Thor doesn't have that and you better hope he crits.

And as i said, he NEEDS to be awakened, she doesn't.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Thor relies on Debuffs to deal damage (specifically stun-based), Anglea needs buffs. Against someone like Dr Strange, Thor is better. On stun-immune nodes, Anglea is better.

Neither one are real game changers for those working on end-game content. Angela does have the added regen for longer fights so some can use her, but I almost never see either of them mentioned when building ROL/LOL/Act 5/AQ/AW teams.

With parry being consistently inconsistent, Thor's sig ability is unreliable and requires re-learning every time Kabam rolls out an update. At this point, my R4 Thor has been relegated to my "C" team (if I'm running AQ and AW, then he handles my solo quests) despite being one of my first duped and R4 champs...
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Angela
    Dps is pretty much the same with angela getting the slight edge based on my testing.

Thor relies on parry stuns for damage where angela is slice and dice spam sp1.

Every 10% hp angela loses she gains back 5% (half) effectively doubling her hp and does not get neutered against stun immune

Angela clear winner in terms of rationality
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Thor
    Dps is pretty much the same with angela getting the slight edge based on my testing.

Every 10% hp angela loses she gains back 5% (half) effectively doubling her hp and does not get neutered against stun immune

Not to nitpick but if she only gets back half of her health lost, then she only increases by 50% instead of double health. Still a valid point.
    edited October 2017
    Angela
    I see a lot of evidence pointing towards Angela but of everyone who voted Thor not one of them had anything substantial to back it up besides “he chain stuns” and “he’s not a 5*”
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Thor
    In long fight (very long fight like ROL Winter Soldier), Angela is probably dealing more damage, but Thor is still the best in AQ/AW thanks to the stun ability (I usually clean the AQ5 Power Gain path with Thor without any problem).

And yes, he chain stuns! When looking to the damage, you have to consider the number of consecutive hits you can do with Thor and the amount of damage dealt after "the chain", which is way more than what you can do with Angela.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Angela
    KhanMedina wrote: »

Not to nitpick but if she only gets back half of her health lost, then she only increases by 50% instead of double health. Still a valid point.

Sorry yes you are correct my fault effectively 1.5x her hp. Thanks!
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Angela
    If I may, Thor suffers from 7 things

Stun immune
    Debuff Immune
    Limber nodes
    Parry over intercept
    Durability
    Crits
    Angela’s limited counters

The first 3 are basically all the same except Limber is a lesser extent if that

Parry gets changed almost every update so yeah… Thor relying on it is NOT a very good thing. Aside from Jane Foster no other champion is better for relying on parry over intercepts. In fact other heavy hitters like Nightcrawler and Stark Spider both have amazing DPS and prime players to rely less on parry and be more evasive. Angela is a much better fit than Thor as she CAN use an intercept technique without it hurting her DPS

In durability… Thor has nothing for him. Angela by contrast has MULTIPLE armor ups: Bar, Clone, Sp2 PLUS her regen making her health on par with Ultron.

In terms of crits Angela at base has a tick over double his crit rate. Add on her 2 bars plus the clone and if you save close to Sp3 you can chain Sp2 into a quick 2 bars to get a quick 1Bar+Clone to just HAMMER some high damage into enemies.

As stated Thor has nodes that perfectly counter him. Let’s add
    Karnak
    Rogue
    Groot
    King Groot
    Crossbones
    Kingpin
    Hood
    Golden Symbiodes
    Collector
    BLADE NOW!

All the above are stun immune or just shrug debuffs off REALLY fast

Angela has 4:
    Magneto
    White Mags
    Dormammu (yeah… OUCH!)
    Doctor Strange

But it IS worth noting that Dormommu DOES hurt Thor and DS can be a pain to Thor. Thor trying to keep his fury up for extra damage makes him sucseptible to both of them.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Angela
    As for Thor’s stun chains I’d like to say that between Hulk, Ronan, and Gambit and kinda Quake…Stun chaining is a rare ability that does give Thor a nice edge. I think Jane Foster with heavy romance is the o my better chain stunner.

Point 1 for Thor I guess
  • Angela
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Thor relies on Debuffs to deal damage (specifically stun-based), Anglea needs buffs. Against someone like Dr Strange, Thor is better. On stun-immune nodes, Anglea is better.

Neither one are real game changers for those working on end-game content. Angela does have the added regen for longer fights so some can use her, but I almost never see either of them mentioned when building ROL/LOL/Act 5/AQ/AW teams.

With parry being consistently inconsistent, Thor's sig ability is unreliable and requires re-learning every time Kabam rolls out an update. At this point, my R4 Thor has been relegated to my "C" team (if I'm running AQ and AW, then he handles my solo quests) despite being one of my first duped and R4 champs...

I used angela in LOL first run. With full suicides she actually has a constant heal and hits like a truck. I solo red hulk with her and besides magik where i used AA i used Angela in every LOL fight and as a added bonus the final boss wont regenerate against a cosmic champ. She is certainly an end game champ and i used her in aq consistently even with class disadvantage she wrecks dormammu cable and rhino bosses. I bring her to aw if i am on a line that doesn’t have a lot of mystic and used her lots in act 5. So think u are underestimating her use

• The_GrandmasterThe_Grandmaster Posts: 205
    I see a lot of evidence pointing towards Angela but of everyone who voted Thor not one of them had anything substantial to back it up besides “he chain stuns” and “he’s not a 5*”

I'm still on the fence as to whom I prefer between Thor and Angela but I can say that it seems like Thor's specials do more damage than Angela's. I am glad to see so many people showing love to Angela tho
  • Angela

I'm still on the fence as to whom I prefer between Thor and Angela but I can say that it seems like Thor's specials do more damage than Angela's. I am glad to see so many people showing love to Angela tho

Yeah... but how do you compare specials which occur once every 6-7 hits (depending on level) to a majority of your DPS lol in a high you throw out 1 special every 6-7 normal hits depending on the fight... a majority of your damage comes from basic hits and fact is Angela does more damage with melee attacks than Thor does
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Thor
    Did a test run of my Angela (unduped) and Thor (LV50) against ROL Winter Soldier, both are 4* R5/50.

Combat strategy
    Angela: gain power until almost reaching SP2 bar then spam SP1. Repeat.
    Thor: double armor break and SP2 as much as possible, chain stuns.

Synergy - None
    Angela 7'36"
    Thor 7'28"

Synergy - Mutants
    Angela 7'13"
    Thor 5'47"

Adding the synergy didn't help Angela very much. In both case the number of hits were pretty similar but I preferred to use the total fight time. To be honest I didn't play so well with both while using Mutant synergy.
  • Angela

Thors specials are for pure damage and stun
    Angelas specials are more for activating buffs which in turn help her regular hits crit and hit harder
  • Angela
    Its the Thor man crush syndrome. No reason is needed except he is Thor:)
  • HugsForEveryoneHugsForEveryone Posts: 82
    edited October 2017
    Angela
    Badrose wrote: »
    Did a test run of my Angela (unduped) and Thor (LV50) against ROL Winter Soldier, both are 4* R5/50.

Combat strategy
    Angela: gain power until almost reaching SP2 bar then spam SP1. Repeat.
    Thor: double armor break and SP2 as much as possible, chain stuns.

Synergy - None
    Angela 7'36"
    Thor 7'28"

Synergy - Mutants
    Angela 7'13"
    Thor 5'47"

Adding the synergy didn't help Angela very much. In both case the number of hits were pretty similar but I preferred to use the total fight time. To be honest I didn't play so well with both while using Mutant synergy.

Well you’re playing with a team that benefits Thor more than it benefits Angela.... run a cosmic supremacy team with some added crit or power gain to help you cycle through your buffs faster