**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Star-Lord Overhaul Concept

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Hey guys,

So I've always been interested in exploring the capabilities of Star-Lord's Elemental Gun but I've never really come around to creating something out of it. That changes now! Here goes.

If I were to conceptualize a rework for Star-Lord, the first thing I would think about is how to integrate his Elemental Gun into his core abilities and mechanics. As interesting as it would be to enable Star-Lord to access all elements in-fight, it would make him much too complicated to design and play. Therefore, the best way to do it is with a Pre-Fight mechanic that allows you to load the Elemental Gun with a maximum of 2 Elements per fight.

The Elemental Gun will focus on inflicting damaging and non-damaging debuffs on the opponent. Let's break it down:
Air (non-damaging): inflicts a Power Burn passive on the opponent, draining one bar of Power from the opponent.
Fire (damaging): inflicts an Incinerate debuff on the opponent, dealing damage over 10 seconds.
Water (Ice, damaging): inflicts a Coldsnap debuff on the opponent, dealing damage over 10 seconds.
Earth (non-damaging): inflicts a Heal Block passive on the opponent, blocking all regenerative effects for 10 seconds.

A new Signature Ability, Master of the Sun, is centered around the idea that Star-Lord powers his Elemental Gun; and so they are one. Let's break this down:
Star-Lord gains additional utility depending on the Elements loaded into the Elemental Gun:
Air: siphons 25% of Power from the Power Burn debuff inflicted on the opponent.
Fire: gains Incinerate immunity and a permanent Fury buff.
Water: gains Coldsnap immunity and a permanent Armour Up buff.
Earth: regenerates a percentage of health that scales with the amount of health that was Heal Blocked.

I would leave it to Kabam to figure out the intrinsics, but there's my overhaul concept. What do you think?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I think if Star Lord was revamped, he would need to still have his core ability of damage increasing with combo- he just needs a bit more utility, I like the idea of the element gun having utility effects but it shouldn't replace his damage.

Taking your idea, maybe he could get an animation revamp too to include his gun in basic hits, maybe 2nd and last light hits, or so he could use an element that is loaded with the prefight to select your utility, after the last light attack a cooldown of 15 seconds maybe.

Just throwing out some ideas off the top of my head
    Air: power drain X% of power per hit on the combo, maybe get it to scale so that after 100 hits you're power draining a bar of power
    Fire: Incinerate the opponent for a decent amount of damage, obviously scaling up with signature ability damage
    Water- inflict coldsnap on the opponent for different amounts of time per combo metre. 10 hits 10 seconds, 20 hits 15 seconds, 50 hits, 20 seconds, 100 hits 30 seconds etc
    Earth- gain a block proficiency buff, armour buff and combo metre shield when using the element gun (can only happen once every 20 hits): scaling so that the block proficiency gives near perfect around 5 buffs and then combo shield when struck works like G2099 sig ability

I think earth could always be active, then you can select whether you want fire for damage, air for power control and water for evade counter
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

I think if Star Lord was revamped, he would need to still have his core ability of damage increasing with combo- he just needs a bit more utility, I like the idea of the element gun having utility effects but it shouldn't replace his damage.

I think earth could always be active, then you can select whether you want fire for damage, air for power control and water for evade counter

Amazing. The idea of having Earth always active also crossed my mind, but for the purpose of enhancing the other Elements. Brilliant thoughts around integrating his utility with his Combo Meter, thanks for sharing.
    Rookiie said:

Amazing. The idea of having Earth always active also crossed my mind, but for the purpose of enhancing the other Elements. Brilliant thoughts around integrating his utility with his Combo Meter, thanks for sharing.
    Thanks!! The reason I thought earth always active would be good, is I didn't want to limit star lord to only using one of the pre-fights, but if you could choose two at a time then maybe he would be a bit OP. I also like having the armour, block proficiency and combo shield on his base kit. And Re: Combo metre, i think it has always been so important to Star Lord (Clearly)

I'm sure many veterans remember using him to beat RoL wolvy back in the day and there was something so satisfying to push his combo metre, I think it would bring back some of the nostalgia of using him if his combo metre was a vital part to his utility as well as damage
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Give him a prefight for his element gun. Or Let him carry his combo over like Aegon, but in a more unique way with some different abilities. Doesn't have to be Aegon level good, just needs more utility and he'd be really solid.
    Fabwizi said:

He does not need a revamp, Groot or Rocket can be revamped to add synergy.

Synergy- Starlord starts with combo meter equal to 50 times the Number of Guardians in the team.

And also gets one combo shield for each guardian.

This would make him OP.

Bring in 5 Guardians and Starlord destroys everything.

Just damage doesn't make a champion good, it's why you don't see people bringing Hela everywhere
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Great Idea and add his combo-meter ability to his base kit. That's his trademark and as said before, should not be removed from him.

The Element-Gun effects could be placed on specials too.
    Zan0 said:

Fabwizi said:

Synergy- Starlord starts with combo meter equal to 50 times the Number of Guardians in the team.

This would make him OP.

Have you used starlord at a 250 combo? He hits like a 20 ton truck. That would be game breaking
    Hela with odin synergy hits harder than star lord at 400 combo
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Fabwizi said:

This would make him OP.

Have you used starlord at a 250 combo? He hits like a 20 ton truck. That would be game breaking
    But that requires a specific playstyle. Starlord is just hit the opponent and do damage
    Fair point, but if that playstyle can be used to solo Abyss fights easily, I don't see a reason why star lord would be game breaking if that isn't
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Fabwizi said:

This would make him OP.

But that requires a specific playstyle. Starlord is just hit the opponent and do damage
    I do believe that Star-Lord will be game-breaking but how game-breaking exactly would be dependent on the buffs to the other guardians. Currently, none of them have any meaningful utility and an entire team of them wouldn't be as useful if they don't get much utility with the buffs.
    https://youtu.be/MldBm6be_jE

that was 12 hits and about 50 seconds of ramp up to hit 30k mediums, then one sp2 to hit the damage cap in abyss on basic attacks. Some amount is a very small amount in this case.
    Dammit. This thread has been moved to Forums cemetary.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★

Dammit. This thread has been moved to Forums cemetary.

I know! This is one of the most anticipated reworks @The_Sentry06, they should move the thread back to general discussion so we can continue pitching ideas
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 275
    I like the rework idea, with the pre-fight selection you can cover more specific matchups.

I always thought it would be awesome if he had the ability (maybe via an udated synergy with aegon) to carry a percentage of his combo from fight to fight, this would make people use him more often again, but the start combo via guardians synergies sounds nice as well