**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

6* Jabari Panther worth R2?

jmorris1jmorris1 Posts: 31
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
6* Jabari Panther worth R2?

6* Jabari Panther worth R2? 24 votes

Yes
79%
Spity68XxicylovexXEtjamaSpeedro420Maxwell24MasterpuffDanyal_39JragonMaster170Rouger4ScrubhanLmasterUnitmanv38lone_Fear_of_Clowns2099TheDuke14NoobdaZhahovic7FishWhistleKalagh 19 votes
No
20%
JadedOnmixTexas_11ddomDopeDurian 5 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Yes
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Yes
    @Texas_11 was wondering why you voted no? You usually have good ideas of things i tend to look over so was wondering. Ive only really looked at her base kit and used the 3*, she seems pretty solid. What are your thoughts?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    No

@Texas_11 was wondering why you voted no? You usually have good ideas of things i tend to look over so was wondering. Ive only really looked at her base kit and used the 3*, she seems pretty solid. What are your thoughts?

For reference I got lucky and pulled a 6* Jabari Panther. I have had the chance to test her in V7 fought the spidey boss and immortal Iabomb.

Jabari panther has a great exterior , but once you look under the hood you realize that she is really requires a lot of timing with huge payoff moments that kind of hard to nail.

For example when I was trying to prevent evade I had to keep the ensnare up through the SP1, this is also triggering the “hunt charges” you can only get the huge fury buff that she gets when you activate the hunt 1 second after you activate a special attack. The big payoff is from the SP2, so you would most likely have to fire the SP1 to take advantage of the fury buff.

In addition, her kit it strips away the traditional play style , but then ask for you to engage in the same style . You gain charges when you parry and attack , so it disrupts your timing of the charges and when to activate them.

Her signature ability gives her an unstoppable charge to counterpunch to find openings but she has lower BP than Spidergwen, with no way to mitigate the play style they are asking for.

Most importantly,
    You will miss the big payoff 3/10 times , because as you are watching your charges and managing an opponent and it will feel like when domino doesn’t crit on her SP2.

Another point about the actual “hunt” it doesn’t pause on opponent specials so your big damage mode is taken up by opponent specials.

I think she is a great addition to the game, but doesn’t quite solve anything in a moderately developed roster.