**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Same old same old...

GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
I'd like to congratulate Kabam on making a new variant that benefits the same old champs that excel in all other content. On one hand I guess it's good that I can use all my old R5 champs to clear this content like Magik, AA, Falcon, Aegon, She Hulk, Blade, Domino, Warlock, CMM, Hyperion and Voodoo.

On the other hand, since these variants give us rank up resources for older champs, maybe make some content that would benefit, OG Gully, Iron Fist, Black Bolt, Drax, Groot, Phoenix, Rocket, Civil Warrior, Beast, Storm, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Agent Venom, Dareddevil (either one), Rags Thor, ANt Man, Captan America, Spider-Man. The event is centered around MIles and he is essentially useless in this content. I want to believe that once MIles get's his buff he'll be able to own the science portion but I'm sure that's a pipe dream. He'll probably be as useful as DD HK in the skill section.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Guytennis said:

I'd like to congratulate Kabam on making a new variant that benefits the same old champs that excel in all other content. On one hand I guess it's good that I can use all my old R5 champs to clear this content like Magik, AA, Falcon, Aegon, She Hulk, Blade, Domino, Warlock, CMM, Hyperion and Voodoo.

On the other hand, since these variants give us rank up resources for older champs, maybe make some content that would benefit, OG Gully, Iron Fist, Black Bolt, Drax, Groot, Phoenix, Rocket, Civil Warrior, Beast, Storm, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Agent Venom, Dareddevil (either one), Rags Thor, ANt Man, Captan America, Spider-Man. The event is centered around MIles and he is essentially useless in this content. I want to believe that once MIles get's his buff he'll be able to own the science portion but I'm sure that's a pipe dream. He'll probably be as useful as DD HK in the skill section.

1. You want content that offers rank up resources for older champs to require having ranked up versions of those champs in order to win rank up resources for those champs?

2. I would be hard pressed to design a variant whose fights benefit Iron Fist or Drax. Most of the champs you're naming are champs players have been asking for buffs for, precisely because of their limited use cases. You want the devs to craft permanent content that requires a very specific champ with very specific and limited uses *before* they completely change them?
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Guytennis said:

1. You want content that offers rank up resources for older champs to require having ranked up versions of those champs in order to win rank up resources for those champs?

2. I would be hard pressed to design a variant whose fights benefit Iron Fist or Drax. Most of the champs you're naming are champs players have been asking for buffs for, precisely because of their limited use cases. You want the devs to craft permanent content that requires a very specific champ with very specific and limited uses *before* they completely change them?
    So the other option is sit on rank up resources with the hope that one day my loki or rocket will be worth ranking? That sounds fun.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Guytennis said:

DNA3000 said:

Guytennis said:

So the other option is sit on rank up resources with the hope that one day my loki or rocket will be worth ranking? That sounds fun.
    Yeah pretty much. I don’t want to have to worry about ranking up certain champs that will only be useful in one small area of the game, when I can’t even rank up all the champs I want to