**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ compensation [Merged Threads]

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Shinyuu said:

I think what you should have done if you wanted to give everyone the same is give everyone what the top alliance get. Would it have been "game breaking"? Absolutely not for just 1 week. You would have had YouTubers and people on the forums praising you for it for once instead of videos posted right now about their disappointment with the company. That's good PR for you Kabam. This is not just for missing out on AQ rewards but also would have helped smooth things over with players because we've been dealing with a lotttttt of bugs lately and giving that insane of a reward to players would have shown you do care about the issues with the game. People could use it to do rank ups that may have taken them months to achieve and been happyand said thank you Kabam instead of what they are saying. Sometimes doing a crazy compensation isn't a bad thing to keep your players happy. Just saying.

Give everyone top AQ rewards because we missed a week of AQ and did nothing? That wouldn't break the game but there is no reason for it and the precedent might break the game. I get top 90 rewards and it costs me a lot of resources for 150 tickets. I certainly don't think I deserve better rewards than I would have had for nothing. Entitled much?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Shinyuu said:

Shinyuu said:

I think what you should have done if you wanted to give everyone the same is give everyone what the top alliance get. Would it have been "game breaking"? Absolutely not for just 1 week. You would have had YouTubers and people on the forums praising you for it for once instead of videos posted right now about their disappointment with the company. That's good PR for you Kabam. This is not just for missing out on AQ rewards but also would have helped smooth things over with players because we've been dealing with a lotttttt of bugs lately and giving that insane of a reward to players would have shown you do care about the issues with the game. People could use it to do rank ups that may have taken them months to achieve and been happyand said thank you Kabam instead of what they are saying. Sometimes doing a crazy compensation isn't a bad thing to keep your players happy. Just saying.

Give everyone top AQ rewards because we missed a week of AQ and did nothing? That wouldn't break the game but there is no reason for it and the precedent might break the game. I get top 90 rewards and it costs me a lot of resources for 150 tickets. I certainly don't think I deserve better rewards than I would have had for nothing. Entitled much?
    I guarantee you if they had done something like that or even close to that players and YouTubers would be praising them right now instead or pages of hate towards them. I think players should have got what they got the previous week but they couldn't do that for some reason and how do you think that would be game breaking giving everyone a huge compensation like that? How is that any different than them selling things in the store at times that can give a player a 6 star when they don't even own their first 5 star? I'd say that's more "game breaking" wouldn't you?
    I don't think they make decisions based on what will make YouTubers and Forum users praise them. I don't think just not breaking the game is a legitimate criterion for deciding whether something should be done. I don't think we deserve full AQ rewards, let alone top alliance rewards, for doing nothing and spending no resources.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Hi everybody, thank you for the feedback.

A little insight:

This is a universal package that was delivered to all Summoners in an Alliance, and was our way of apologizing for the issues that we had last weekend that caused us not to have AQ for this series. I see a lot of people referencing previous compensation packages for AQ that are based on the previous series performance but aren't taking into account that those are usually given when there is an issue partway through the series or causes Alliances to put in as much effort as they usually do and not be able to perform as well as they should.

Historically, if there is a series of AQ that is skipped, but is planned, there is no compensation because nobody has to play that week. In this case, there was no series but it was unplanned, so we decided that we would like to give a gift to all players as our way of saying sorry for the issues and thanks for your patience. This is not the same situation as we mentioned before, and the packages are not the same as the kind of packages we would give if Players had been giving their all but were unable to perform as well as they would if there were issues.

But once again, thank you for your feedback. We will keep it in mind when deciding on how to deal with future instances like this.

Understood, thx for the explanation but...

As some said we would have gain more glory by doing this AQ session and could not due to this UNPLANNED issue.

Lots of summoner counted on this glory to replenish their potions stock for the next AW season but now they will not be able to do so as they planned .

What about the T5CC crystals some summoners should have earn with this AQ ?
    Of course i don't think you will compensate for this but again, glory could have been use to buy some T5CC from the store

While we all gladly accept the compensation, i wonder why you didn’t just give the maximum if glory to all ?
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★

Why put such a title, that do not reflect your post?

No, the compensation is awesome and equal for all players that did not do anything this week.
    The only answer should be : thank you very much Kabam!

Umm not to be rude but @Maverick75 did you actually read the title and the post or just assumed what I was writing?
    I guess he read it as 'Underwhelming' or is just confused between the 2.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I think here, due to a few factors. this compensation is fair:

-everyone was affected equally
    There weren’t any players falling behind because they didn’t get their t5cc. Every player in the game couldn’t do AQ

-Aq is not a wage
    You aren’t owed furlough because you couldn’t do the Aq series, sure you might have wanted the resources but unfortunately you don’t need them. It’s not a desperate need to have weekly Aq rewards

-there was no effort put in
    It was kabams mistake that Aq didn’t run, but after that you didn’t expend any time, resources or effort to get this compensation. Kabam acknowledged the mistake and that’s why we got this compensation package. They could very well have given nothing, and been well within their rights.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Shinyuu said:

Wow. The problem with your solution is people will just refer that for any future compensation just like what they do now - give last weeks rewards. Most people don't realize that not every problem has the same solution.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Did you ever skim through all the legal patents they created for this game? Yeah check all those those out.

http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=9305280.PN.&OS=PN/9305280&RS=PN/9305280

This is a patent Amazon filed for a blimp warehouse.

Funny, I just looked outside and didn’t see too many of them. I guess companies really don’t use all the patents they file.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Here’s what was lost, so compare that to what we got:

450mil/top 500 rank rewards, 3600 t5b honor
    4800 glory iirc
    6 map7 crystals and 9 map6 crystals for daily clears
    The rest of the daily completion rewards
    700 5-stars and other lesser shards

So the sum total of value to me is half to two-thirds what I get in AQ. And don’t tell me “you can run content!” I have 40 r5 champs...3 aren’t gonna keep me from getting things done.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

4800 glory iirc

So the sum total of value to me is half to two-thirds what I get in AQ. And don’t tell me “you can run content!” I have 40 r5 champs...3 aren’t gonna keep me from getting things done.

it wasn't lost.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

You are comparing the brain to kidneys? Irrelevant. Look up neuroplasticity.

You are using scarecrow tactics. You are making it seem like I said things but I didn’t. I never said all players are addicted. I never said video games can’t be part of a healthy balance.
    I never said that every player who plays a lot is wasting there time. I never said the game is 100% effective at making all their players addicted. Don’t push your ill represented over-generalizations towards me.

Why are they removing link nodes? Because they have new analysis that says they are losing more profitable customers than they are trapping with them. How people get data changes. Or maybe they have a more benevolent leader who felt the links were too dirty. It could be some other reason. I don’t claim absolute knowledge. But I’m 99.9% sure that they create patterns and scenarios to make it so people feel like they really need this game many times throughout ever day. Reality check for yourself like you could go 3 days without it, lmao

Did you ever skim through all the legal patents they created for this game? Yeah check all those those out.

That’s anything in the modern era though. Cellphones , Emails , Social media. Kabam is competing for your time not against mobile games really, but against all these others companies who are also competing for your time . That’s why you get notifications that someone liked your picture , or you get a suggestion for a Netflix show that is similar to what you just watched. You really can only monetize time in this game , and that’s about it. Nothing special from a typical business model.

Going 3 days without Mcoc I have done months at a time. What keeps Mcoc together is AQ, they have to create a better balance or they lose their engagement time with us all together.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    Even though AQ is a grind, I’d much rather have done my 5 runs of map6.
    Those of us who play AW at a level where item use is expected have been disadvantaged by this chain of events.
    I’d happily have taken zero compensation if they pushed the next season of AW back a week instead.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

4800 glory iirc

it wasn't lost.
    The opportunity to obtain it was lost. They aren’t gonna run two alliance quests next week so that I can make up those rewards.

If static content is delayed, it delays my access to those rewards, but doesn’t remove them entirely. If Kabam cancels an AQ, a war season, or a monthly sidequest/event quest, that’s a net loss to the player base because it’s never replaced or made up.
    edited April 2021
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

4800 glory iirc

it wasn't lost.
    The opportunity to obtain it was lost. They aren’t gonna run two alliance quests next week so that I can make up those rewards.

If static content is delayed, it delays my access to those rewards, but doesn’t remove them entirely. If Kabam cancels an AQ, a war season, or a monthly sidequest/event quest, that’s a net loss to the player base because it’s never replaced or made up.
    No it wasn't. Again, just think of the cycle being delayed 8 days. Technically, 8.5 hasn't started yet. It was delayed 8 days.
    Ciedre said:

So, I took my alt out of an alliance 2 days ago after Kabam said it was ok to change alliances etc, and guess what, that account didnt get the compensation....

Join another alliance and it will be there.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

Hi there, the compensation is for any Summoner in an Alliance. If you are not currently in one, you would not have received it. However, if you join another Alliance, you should receive it.

@Kabam Miike thanks for compensation we understand because of hackers gameplay is becoming laggy and bugs are coming but you people are doing great job you ban players permanently that is very good .we love Kabam ,we love mcoc
    What are you talking about? You actually believe the game is lagging and there are bugs because hackers are causing it? That sounds ridiculous; what, are they being constantly hit with DDOS attacks every time the game crashes? Get real.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Pizzabeat said:

They explicitly and swiftly told us there wouldn’t be any rewards for this series once AQ was cancelled.

So why’s everyone surprised?

Thanks for the week off and free stuff Kabam 🙏

So, really. I am tired of arguing. But, since you brought up the language used in that announcement, I thought I'd let you know how I interpreted it when I read it. Sincerely, this is what I thought it meant and why I thought we'd end up with last week's rewards. "We will be assessing the impact to alliances and compensating accordingly..." The "impact" is a loss of a cycles worth of rewards. I mean, there's no real intelligent argument against the fact that that is the impact their error(s) had on alliances. Had the error(s) never occurred, we would have played AQ as normal. Earning our normal rewards. So, that's clearly the impact. No game mode available, no rewards from game mode.

I just find it weird that you chose to use this same announcement that actually plainly states "assess the impact and compensate accordingly.." to try to illustrate a point that we should NOT have been compensated equal to the impact it had. As for the "..there will be no rank rewards..". Of course there won't. As the cycle was bugged and then canceled. Lol...of course there can't be rank rewards for that actual cycle. Which is all I took that to mean. That says nothing about why compensation couldn't be included that is similar to what an alliance earned last week. In an effort to "..compensate accordingly..". Let me ask you a question. What did you think that "assess the impact" meant? If it didn't mean assess what each alliance likely missed out on by canceling the cycle. What else could that mean?
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★

Pizzabeat said:

They explicitly and swiftly told us there wouldn’t be any rewards for this series once AQ was cancelled.

So, really. I am tired of arguing. But, since you brought up the language used in that announcement, I thought I'd let you know how I interpreted it when I read it. Sincerely, this is what I thought it meant and why I thought we'd end up with last week's rewards. "We will be assessing the impact to alliances and compensating accordingly..." The "impact" is a loss of a cycles worth of rewards. I mean, there's no real intelligent argument against the fact that that is the impact their error(s) had on alliances. Had the error(s) never occurred, we would have played AQ as normal. Earning our normal rewards. So, that's clearly the impact. No game mode available, no rewards from game mode.

I just find it weird that you chose to use this same announcement that actually plainly states "assess the impact and compensate accordingly.." to try to illustrate a point that we should NOT have been compensated equal to the impact it had. As for the "..there will be no rank rewards..". Of course there won't. As the cycle was bugged and then canceled. Lol...of course there can't be rank rewards for that actual cycle. Which is all I took that to mean. That says nothing about why compensation couldn't be included that is similar to what an alliance earned last week. In an effort to "..compensate accordingly..". Let me ask you a question. What did you think that "assess the impact" meant? If it didn't mean assess what each alliance likely missed out on by canceling the cycle. What else could that mean?
    @hungryhungrybbq I hope you used the week off from AQ to get out more but I’m getting the feeling you didn’t
    Pizzabeat said:

Pizzabeat said:

@hungryhungrybbq I hope you used the week off from AQ to get out more but I’m getting the feeling you didn’t
    Lol.. AQ doesn't disrupt my life. I log in for 5 minutes and log out. Now, planning for the bg in the beginning does take time. But once there's a system in place and if have reliable players, it's pretty straightforward.

Feel free to tag me again if you have any actual points to make regarding the thread or my question. ✌️
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    @hungryhungrybbq enjoy not enjoying your free stuff
    Pizzabeat said:

@hungryhungrybbq enjoy not enjoying your free stuff

😘
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

So, there's a Pizzabeat in game that is level 27 with no alliance btw. Lol.. If that's you then I now understand why you're so happy for the free stuff. It's more rewards than you'd earn in a several months that you actually did get for free. For those of us who are upset, it's about 25-50% of what we would have earned if the cycle was never bugged. Please tell me that's not you. A level 27 player trolling me here in the forum.

You actually searched in the game? Mate, I commend you for your commitment. :D.