**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6.1.5 - Crossbones is crushing me

Has anyone beaten Crossbones since he’s been buffed?
I’ve been advancing steadily toward Cavalier until 6.1.5. I can get my entire team to Crossbones without a revive, but the Poison chews them up. I believe I could take him without the Poison- prebuff that is - but that’s not the reality we face with that node & his buff, now.

I have developed some Poison immune champs, b/c they were my rate-limiting step, but don’t know that they’ll get the job done now, with his buff. I have:
6* R1 Capt. Marvel Classic (fairly weak champ)

5* R4 Medusa (I’m good w/her but he now shrugs off her armor breaks), Ghost (I’m trash with. Been practicing & I’m no longer hot garbage but still trash against anyone strong)

5* R3 BW CV, Ronan, Hulk

5* R1 She-Hulk, Ultron

I’m on the verge of having enough materials to rank up Medusa & Ghost, so I could rank up my R3s to R5 in time.

Thoughts, strategies on who to rank to take on the buffed Crossbones boss?

BTW my team usually has on it Mags X, Doom, Elsa, CAIW, Medusa for this path, and I take the left path, have tried 2nd from the left, right & 2nd from the right.

Comments

• ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    The biggest problem with CB is the regen and tenacity. Bring someone poison immune who doesn't depend on debuffs and can take care of the regen and you're good. Ghost might work but can she outdamage arc overload? Elsa, Doom, CapIW, Medusa all suck for him. Also, who are you planning to use for the vigorous assault path?
    I used Guilly though I'm sure there are other counters
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    ^ Cap IW might work but you'd need

-max sig and mutant teammember: to take out the Poison debuff
    -Ghost or another tech to reduce healing
    -don't use specials

I used G2099 as well. Warlock and Sentinel would work fine too. BWCV could work but idk who said it (the person had a lengthy post explaining about it)

Try to take the 15% buffet path (left with Winter Soldier at the end) because that one disables Bane on the boss.
  • Reaper2823Reaper2823 Posts: 42
    I just use ghost for 6.1.5 100%she’s so good for him
  • RexnSpikeRexnSpike Posts: 63
    RaviDavi said:

-don't use specials

I used G2099 as well. Warlock and Sentinel would work fine too. BWCV could work but idk who said it (the person had a lengthy post explaining about it)

Try to take the 15% buffet path (left with Winter Soldier at the end) because that one disables Bane on the boss.

RaviDavi said:

-don't use specials

RaviDavi said:

-don't use specials

Thanks for the response. That’s the path I prefer to take.
    I wish I had either G2099 or Warlock. My 5* pull luck is not great.
    Unfortunately CAIW’s debuff cleanse doesn’t work at the beginning of the fight. I’ve tried Emma, who takes out the Poison but she’s really underpowered against his regen.
    Someone like Vision would be excellent for power & regen...but alas.

I honestly think my best shot might be BW CV, of the champs I have, but she relies on debuffs for her damage, just like Medusa does.
    Any opinions on Hulk or She-Hulk against new CB? I really don’t use either at all, as you could tell by their low ranking.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Warlock, Sentinel, Mysterio, G2099, ramped up ( at least 150 hits) duped Aegon , CMM and iBomb are the best counters to 6.1.5 Crossbones.

If you dont have of these it'll be hard. Medusa MIGHT work but she'll have to be duped, R5 and with BB Synergy for her to be able outdamage that regen.

She-Hulk I don't have in any rarity so I dunno if she'll work.

Here's a thought: Do you have a high rank Red Mags, High Sig/High Rank Morningstar as well as. NF and DPX? Dunno if it'll work but theoretically speaking, you could take him down with anyone if also bring NF and Deadpool X synergy no? This Synergy might remove the poison at the beginning of the fight . With no poison, then you can blast him away with a 50 prowess Magneto sp3, or a 5 Soul ramped up high sig Morningstar ( her sig will keep Crossbones regen into manageable levels, enough for her to outdamage it)

Warlock, Sentinel, Mysterio, G2099, ramped up ( at least 150 hits) duped Aegon , CMM and iBomb are the best counters to 6.1.5 Crossbones.

If you dont have of these it'll be hard. Medusa MIGHT work but she'll have to be duped, R5 and with BB Synergy for her to be able outdamage that regen.

Here's a thought: Do you have a high rank Red Mags, High Sig/High Rank Morningstar as well as. NF and DPX? Dunno if it'll work but theoretically speaking, you could take him down with anyone if also bring NF and Deadpool X synergy no? This Synergy might remove the poison at the beginning of the fight . With no poison, then you can blast him away with a 50 prowess Magneto sp3, or a 5 Soul ramped up high sig Morningstar ( her sig will keep Crossbones regen into manageable levels, enough for her to outdamage it)

Mags won't work due to the tenacity and force of will unless you bring white mags but that's 3 champs taking up synergy spots and you still need a path clearer. Morningstar is a good option. She can easily clear the entire Vigorous assault path and still take the boss if you have NF/DPx
    And someone in your roster needs to be a Havok counter as well
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Ghost is your best bet. You have to heavy spam in the corner to gain furies.
  • Bambam51Bambam51 Posts: 36
    Use BWCV, that’s who I used to bypass his regen. At the start of the match change her curse from blood to poison and that should negate it. Once that is done, change her curse to fire for extra damage. Once he regen kicks in, she should nullify if she has charges.
  • A7madD1wA7madD1w Posts: 103
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhdAVr2ADiM&t=2s
    here's a ghost solo, super easy fight with her
    Medusa could also work, but it would be a pain with your armor breaks constantly getting shrugged
  • A7madD1wA7madD1w Posts: 103
    Chikel said:

Mags won't work due to the tenacity and force of will unless you bring white mags but that's 3 champs taking up synergy spots and you still need a path clearer. Morningstar is a good option. She can easily clear the entire Vigorous assault path and still take the boss if you have NF/DPx
    you probably wouldn't want to take that path for first clear, best path to take is the one that removes bane
    A7madD1w said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhdAVr2ADiM&t=2s
    here's a ghost solo, super easy fight with her
    Medusa could also work, but it would be a pain with your armor breaks constantly getting shrugged

That was amazing. Nicely done. I have a lot of practice to do with her, lol.
    Bambam51 said:

Use BWCV, that’s who I used to bypass his regen. At the start of the match change her curse from blood to poison and that should negate it. Once that is done, change her curse to fire for extra damage. Once he regen kicks in, she should nullify if she has charges.

Right now, thats going to be my strat.
    Thank you all for the help and insights!
    I am tenacious, and will stick with it. I think I’m going to rank up BWCV but Ghost (learning to play her more effectively) remains top of the list.
    Ultimately, I like my roster but realize its not yet mature enough for the fight and 6.1.6 so will keep trying to build my 5* and 6* roster.
    I also realize watching many players do their thang, that I’m a average player with a roster that covers my deficiencies pretty well. I will keep playing, because I’m sucked into MCOC, and want to improve.
    Below is my roster of 6* & 5*. I’m open to ranking up whomever best helps me long-run. I’m trying to be more selective in whom I take up. I’ve learned the hard way on a lot of early game rank-ups that materials are too precious to waste.

BWCV made it real easy for me, just quickly get her onto her curse of poison and it will negate the poison node for the whole fight and her nullify will keep the regen from doing too much damage. Her sp2 will give you some of her charges back during the fight. I found Ultron the hardest boss but you got medusa, which I didn’t, from my understanding, she’ll wipe the floor with Ultron. Good luck.

Your mags should whoop Ultron as well.
    A7madD1w said:

Chikel said:

you probably wouldn't want to take that path for first clear, best path to take is the one that removes bane
    That's the path that removes bane