**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ compensation [Merged Threads]

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

So, there's a Pizzabeat in game that is level 27 with no alliance btw. Lol.. If that's you then I now understand why you're so happy for the free stuff. It's more rewards than you'd earn in a several months that you actually did get for free. For those of us who are upset, it's about 25-50% of what we would have earned if the cycle was never bugged. Please tell me that's not you. A level 27 player trolling me here in the forum.

Probably is a level 27 player.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

So, there's a Pizzabeat in game that is level 27 with no alliance btw. Lol.. If that's you then I now understand why you're so happy for the free stuff. It's more rewards than you'd earn in a several months that you actually did get for free. For those of us who are upset, it's about 25-50% of what we would have earned if the cycle was never bugged. Please tell me that's not you. A level 27 player trolling me here in the forum.

Could be a second account. Maybe his main account associated with the forum got a forum ban.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

You actually searched in the game? Mate, I commend you for your commitment. :D.
    Lol.. they tagged me twice. Wanted to see who they were. Now I just feel dumb for arguing with someone who hasn't even played AQ probably at all. And found out they can auto-join an open alliance and get the equivalent of major major rewards for their progression level. That's been my point this whole time... Of why the universal comp was so annoying.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I understand that giving everyone exactly the same AQ rewards was no option (too many variables and after war large influx of switchers), but isn't it too much to ask to differentiate between uncollected, cavalier, thronebreaker?
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    @

Pulyaman said:

Lol.. they tagged me twice. Wanted to see who they were. Now I just feel dumb for arguing with someone who hasn't even played AQ probably at all. And found out they can auto-join an open alliance and get the equivalent of major major rewards for their progression level. That's been my point this whole time... Of why the universal comp was so annoying.
    @hungryhungrybbq good job you found my mini account, which has a cooler name than my main

you Definitely need to get out more
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

I understand that giving everyone exactly the same AQ rewards was no option (too many variables and after war large influx of switchers), but isn't it too much to ask to differentiate between uncollected, cavalier, thronebreaker?

This was going to be a problem however they gave out.
    1) last weeks reward - but we were talking last week off
    2) divided by title. - but I am cav and play map 7 with epic mods. I am unlucky on the t5cc or 6 star pulls.
    3) top end rewards - let's be real, that was never going to happen.

What other way is there, whatever it is I am sure people will find a way to complain. 😂
    Pizzabeat said:

@

Pulyaman said:

@hungryhungrybbq good job you found my mini account, which has a cooler name than my main

😂 Still trolling me I see, with comments about my assumed lack of a social life. I get out, but still enjoy being a key board warrior once in a while. Even though you limit your posts to 1 sentence (that is off topic), you still somehow have time amidst your busy social life to keep tagging me.

Anywho, what AQ map does your main play out of curiosity? And will you ever answer the question about what you thought "we will assess the impact and compensate accordingly.." means?
    edited April 2021
    Pulyaman said:

2) divided by title. - but I am cav and play map 7 with epic mods. I am unlucky on the t5cc or 6 star pulls.

What other way is there, whatever it is I am sure people will find a way to complain. 😂
    You're saying you guys voluntarily took the week before the bugged week off as well?
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★

Pulyaman said:

You're saying you guys voluntarily took the week before the bugged week off as well?
    yeah you basically just devalued your whole argument :D

Pulyaman said:

What I meant was some people were saying they took the last week before the bug to lower maps because of Easter. But they were playing map 7 with epic mods before that so giving last week rewards will be unfair to them. I did not realize that I needed to explain this 🙄
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Pizzabeat said:

@

Pulyaman said:

😂 Still trolling me I see, with comments about my assumed lack of a social life. I get out, but still enjoy being a key board warrior once in a while. Even though you limit your posts to 1 sentence (that is off topic), you still somehow have time amidst your busy social life to keep tagging me.

Anywho, what AQ map does your main play out of curiosity? And will you ever answer the question about what you thought "we will assess the impact and compensate accordingly.." means?
    They assessed the impact. They gave us what they thought was appropriate. You're treating not having 1 AQ cycle like it's owed to you or it's mandatory that Kabam has it. It's not. What is the real impact from missing it? 10% T5cc? You got 3k glory to get the 5% plus some leftover to get other resources.

Some map crystals? I bet you don't even open those as you get them every cycle.

So please tell me, what actual impact has missing 1 cycle and at most 2k glory actually cost you in the long run? It's not like AQ has a shelf life. It's infinite right now.

Pulyaman said:

yeah you basically just devalued your whole argument :D
    I mean I thought I explained it pretty clearly. May be not. The part after the - is what different people will complain about.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Am not the type to defend kabam but seriously is just a week worth of rewards you missing from AQ why the hell is the community fussed about this, behaving like you can't do without a week worth of AQ rewards. Imagine if the whole game was down for 1 week I think you will like that better.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Am not the type to defend kabam but seriously is just a week worth of rewards you missing from AQ why the hell is the community fussed about this, behaving like you can't do without a week worth of AQ rewards. Imagine if the whole game was down for 1 week I think you will like that better.

Some people live to complain. It’s the Karen, customer is always right attitude when rewards for one week of an event that didn’t go ahead aren’t payed in full.

Nobody put effort into this, everyone was affected equally. Kabam didn’t need to send any sort of compensation except for AQ tickets. Apart from that everything was extra, and people still complain.
    edited April 2021

Some people live to complain. It’s the Karen, customer is always right attitude when rewards for one week of an event that didn’t go ahead aren’t payed in full.

Nobody put effort into this, everyone was affected equally. Kabam didn’t need to send any sort of compensation except for AQ tickets. Apart from that everything was extra, and people still complain.
    I believe the massive compensation package that was given in July last year, people complained about it as well. Since it was progression title based.

yeah lol there was a whole group of people saying,

Kabam we pay for this game we FUND YOU so without us you guys would collapse.

And I was like lmao you guys are like 1% of the community that are whiney and stuff that pay, its not like its going to make collapse their company lol

And I was like lmao you guys are like 1% of the community that are whiney and stuff that pay, its not like its going to make collapse their company lol

Then there were people to were borderline UC/Cav etc.. who got to the next progression level and got double compensation which made others mad.

it's a never ending cycle with this community. Kabam can do no right even if they gave everyone every 6* in the game duped at sig 200, people would say they don't have gold and ISO to rank up all these champions.
    edited April 2021

Then there were people to were borderline UC/Cav etc.. who got to the next progression level and got double compensation which made others mad.

it's a never ending cycle with this community. Kabam can do no right even if they gave everyone every 6* in the game duped at sig 200, people would say they don't have gold and ISO to rank up all these champions.
    yeah half the community are toxic as I said in a message before, like if some other game communities switched games, I bet any company would not survive our toxic community and would be flamed, boycotted, etc. etc.

Pizzabeat said:

@

Pulyaman said:

They assessed the impact. They gave us what they thought was appropriate. You're treating not having 1 AQ cycle like it's owed to you or it's mandatory that Kabam has it. It's not. What is the real impact from missing it? 10% T5cc? You got 3k glory to get the 5% plus some leftover to get other resources.

Some map crystals? I bet you don't even open those as you get them every cycle.

So please tell me, what actual impact has missing 1 cycle and at most 2k glory actually cost you in the long run? It's not like AQ has a shelf life. It's infinite right now.
    As I said before, it really isn't about the rewards themselves. It's about the attorney-like stance they take on things like this and their history of issuing universal packages, grossly overcompensating some and under compensating others. It's just the principal. But, either way, I've already answered your question. The impact is actually whatever rewards any alliance earns during an AQ cycle. Your assessment sounds more like a philosophical one? Like.. "sure, the actual impact is a cycle's worth of rewards...but what is the impact of that impact?" Or something.. I legitimately don't know what your point is. 🙂
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

I'm sorry, but the first word that comes to mind is lazy... Instead of actually compensating differently for each level, they just send out a blanket "one size fits all" comp. Leaving some overcompensated and others under compensated. I'm frankly shocked that amidst all the dissatisfaction that's circulating among the players concerning bugs and game performance, they'd actually roll this out and expect anything, but more dissatisfaction.

To me, I can understand the idea of the opportunity cost associated with canceled AQ. But I do not believe opportunity costs are something players deserve compensation for. The game doesn't owe us an AQ week. If that were true, then if Kabam decided to discontinue the AQ game mode they would be required to keep handing out AQ reward forever for free, because the players are still owed AQ rewards. That's obviously not true. AQ is an opportunity to earn rewards through gameplay, but the players aren't owed that opportunity until they have invested in it. When players actually have a real investment in that content, then there's something to compensate for.
    I do not have a clear stance on the compensation package, I can see the points both sides are making. The idea that they do not owe us AQ however I do disagree with, by announcing an AQ season they are implicitly promising us regular AQ until the end of said season. If they decide to end the season as well as AQ they would not owe us anything, but while a season is going on most summoners expect AQ to go on as normal which is understandable.
    If we're going to hold Kabam accountable for things like AQ season announcements, then isn't it appropriate that we also take them fully at their word for everything they announce to players as part of the service agreement?

We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Materials, the Services, or any part or parts thereof with or without notice. You agree that Kabam will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuation

How do you reconcile this explicit statement from Kabam about the game with their other announcements about things that are scheduled to happen within the game? Shouldn't they be given at least equal weight?

If we have the right to treat things like AQ announcements as "promises" then wouldn't you agree that the company should not be making promises it cannot guarantee it can keep? Doesn't that then mean devs and community managers should simply stop talking to us altogether, or have all of their announcements vetted by Kabam legal so all appropriate disclaimers are added to every single statement they make to us? Wouldn't that signal the end of dev communication if we hold them to that standard?
  • Hi everybody, thank you for the feedback.

A little insight:

This is a universal package that was delivered to all Summoners in an Alliance, and was our way of apologizing for the issues that we had last weekend that caused us not to have AQ for this series. I see a lot of people referencing previous compensation packages for AQ that are based on the previous series performance but aren't taking into account that those are usually given when there is an issue partway through the series or causes Alliances to put in as much effort as they usually do and not be able to perform as well as they should.

Historically, if there is a series of AQ that is skipped, but is planned, there is no compensation because nobody has to play that week. In this case, there was no series but it was unplanned, so we decided that we would like to give a gift to all players as our way of saying sorry for the issues and thanks for your patience. This is not the same situation as we mentioned before, and the packages are not the same as the kind of packages we would give if Players had been giving their all but were unable to perform as well as they would if there were issues.

But once again, thank you for your feedback. We will keep it in mind when deciding on how to deal with future instances like this.

Well me and a group of players i know are grateful for this compensation package whereas other issues such as persistent bugs , people not being able to login are some bigger issues . Shouldn't they be solved first? i and some other summoners have been experiencing the persistent bug issue since november of 2020
    I have posted this in a lot of threads. Me and some other summoners who use persistent charge based champions are not being able to use them. Champions like aegon, corvus who are vital for a roster like mine has been bugged. Due to this issue i have been unable to progress in this game.
    PLEASE TRY TO FIX THIS BUG ASAP AND COMPENSATE EVERY SUMMONER WHO HAVE ENCOUNTERED THIS BU ACCORDINGLY
    sorry for the bad english
    @RichTheMan @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra " @Kabam Vydious

• If you want to check my account
    my acc id - Prabu~43

Hi everybody, thank you for the feedback.

A little insight:

This is a universal package that was delivered to all Summoners in an Alliance, and was our way of apologizing for the issues that we had last weekend that caused us not to have AQ for this series. I see a lot of people referencing previous compensation packages for AQ that are based on the previous series performance but aren't taking into account that those are usually given when there is an issue partway through the series or causes Alliances to put in as much effort as they usually do and not be able to perform as well as they should.

Historically, if there is a series of AQ that is skipped, but is planned, there is no compensation because nobody has to play that week. In this case, there was no series but it was unplanned, so we decided that we would like to give a gift to all players as our way of saying sorry for the issues and thanks for your patience. This is not the same situation as we mentioned before, and the packages are not the same as the kind of packages we would give if Players had been giving their all but were unable to perform as well as they would if there were issues.

But once again, thank you for your feedback. We will keep it in mind when deciding on how to deal with future instances like this.

Well me and a group of players i know are grateful for this compensation package whereas other issues such as persistent bugs , people not being able to login are some bigger issues . Shouldn't they be solved first? i and some other summoners have been experiencing the persistent bug issue since november of 2020
    I have posted this in a lot of threads. Me and some other summoners who use persistent charge based champions are not being able to use them. Champions like aegon, corvus who are vital for a roster like mine has been bugged. Due to this issue i have been unable to progress in this game.
    PLEASE TRY TO FIX THIS BUG ASAP AND COMPENSATE EVERY SUMMONER WHO HAVE ENCOUNTERED THIS BU ACCORDINGLY
    @ RichTheMan @ "Kabam Miike" @ "Kabam Zibiit" @ "Kabam Porthos" @ "Kabam Lyra" " @ "Kabam Vydious"

Why's Rich The Man tagged in this?

A little insight:

@ RichTheMan @ "Kabam Miike" @ "Kabam Zibiit" @ "Kabam Porthos" @ "Kabam Lyra" " @ "Kabam Vydious"

May be he wants to be in the next video.
    Pulyaman said:

A little insight:

May be he wants to be in the next video.
    Reminds me of the time one guy tagged the mods and Dr.Zola :D
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 460 ★★★
    I have a relative that's in an Alliance of 2. Just him and a mate. They've never done AQ and never will, but they both got the compensation.

Now tell me that no one's ever happy :o