**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

May buffs

BizaaroBizaaro Posts: 321 ★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
Sir hearing from many sources...blackpanther og buff is coming this may...is that true??

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Black panther and Odin are confirmed for next month
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Hood?
  • BizaaroBizaaro Posts: 321 ★★
    edited April 2021
    Twanger said:

I pulled 6* OG Black Panther twice in a row so this buff pleases me. I hope to god theres

- enhanced bleeds & cruelty
    - some form of regen? Ability to dash back and hold block and it drains the attackers power to regen.
    - bleed immunity?

It should be bleed king
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★

Hood?

There hasn’t been any word on Hood unfortunately. I doubt we’ll see him yet as they probably put him to the end of the line until they get the buffs they’re currently working on done.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,609 ★★★★★
    Black panther over haul, Odin and hood pls
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Is Odin adjustment considered one of the three buffs?
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    Yes, confirmed. It's a full overhaul, including new animations.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Hood?

There hasn’t been any word on Hood unfortunately. I doubt we’ll see him yet as they probably put him to the end of the line until they get the buffs they’re currently working on done.
    theyprolly need tosort out the persistent charges bug first
    The bug fix team and the champion design team are not necessarily the same team. Doing one does not preclude doing the other.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

I'm just disappointed that Odin needed a buff. I'm really hoping that they don't count it towards May's buffs and make it an extra but it's unlikely. If only Odin was properly tested and released, that buff would have been another champ who really needs it. Not some new addition.

I think they said it won’t count but i could be misremembering
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

I'm just disappointed that Odin needed a buff. I'm really hoping that they don't count it towards May's buffs and make it an extra but it's unlikely. If only Odin was properly tested and released, that buff would have been another champ who really needs it. Not some new addition.

I think they said it won’t count but i could be misremembering
    If that's true, then it would be great.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

It won't count - remember next month's overhauls are part of the old cadence and they would have started working on them ages ago.
    If Kabam are working with integrity they will release both overhauls as well as Odin's tune-up.
    If Kabam are working without integrity then any delay that could have been caused by the second overhaul will be covered up with Odin's tune-up.
    Time will tell, but you have the right to expect two overhauls and a tune-up next month.
    No you absolutely don't have that right. The two overhauls were planned for April, and they were HtD and Panther. There is no reason to believe they'd have two Overhauls ready next month
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

The only thing we know is there'll be new animations and it rewards agressive gameplay.

Regarding the other Buffs for May, we know that Odin is getting a numbers bump and no idea who's going to be the third or if there's an even be a fourth.

As for people asking about the Hood, Miike had previously posted on another thread that they had no known timeline for when Hood 3.0 would be released. But as others have pointed out, it's probably going to be a quite a while if they already have a list of who they're working on.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★

I really hope Black Panther doesn't turn out like DDHK.

Blind?
    Nah, I mean in the sense that they don't screw up Black Panther like they did in the DDHK overhaul. Unless you were joking lol
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,680 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Raichu626 said:

No you absolutely don't have that right. The two overhauls were planned for April, and they were HtD and Panther. There is no reason to believe they'd have two Overhauls ready next month

"In order to give each Champion the most meaningful buff as possible, we’re going to be switching to a 3 update per month schedule, which will include 1 Overhaul, and 2 Moderate/Value Only updates."

No you're right. We shouldn't expect 2 overhauls next month. We should expect 1 overhaul, 2 value only updated as well as Odin's tune-up.
    Pulyaman said:

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word integrity and "right to expect". :D

Maybe not. But shouldn't you be busy giving people unwarranted parenting advice?
    ;D
    Raichu626 said:

"In order to give each Champion the most meaningful buff as possible, we’re going to be switching to a 3 update per month schedule, which will include 1 Overhaul, and 2 Moderate/Value Only updates."

No you're right. We shouldn't expect 2 overhauls next month. We should expect 1 overhaul, 2 value only updated as well as Odin's tune-up.
    Pulyaman said:

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word integrity and "right to expect". :D

Maybe not, but shouldn't you be busy giving people unwarranted parenting advice?
    ;D
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Pulyaman said:

Maybe not, but shouldn't you be busy giving people unwarranted parenting advice?
    ;D
    Ooh. Sick burn my man. Totally relavent to the conversation too. How do you come up with these burns. :D
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 265 ★★★
    At this point they could really just stop releasing 2 new champs for a month and do black panther classic level reworks for some really old champs, like those with recycled special attack and heavy attack animations (OG iron man, black bolt, classic cap, the 2 ms marvels, cyclops, iron fist.. the list goes on) maybe even spice up the in game model, at that point they can be counted as "new champs"
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Kappa2g said:

At this point they could really just stop releasing 2 new champs for a month and do black panther classic level reworks for some really old champs, like those with recycled special attack and heavy attack animations (OG iron man, black bolt, classic cap, the 2 ms marvels, cyclops, iron fist.. the list goes on) maybe even spice up the in game model, at that point they can be counted as "new champs"

One of the money makers for the game is the new champ crystals on the unit store. It would make something extraordinary for them to not release 2 champs every month. Moreover the teams they work on new champs and reworks will be different. The team that resolves bugs will be different. If it becomes serious enough they may allocate more resources for bugs, otherwise we will have 2 new champs as scheduled while the other teams work on those bugs and reworks.