**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The week off from AQ was great!

Didn't feel the constant pressure to check AQ, get bored doing the same fights over and over then waiting for nodes to clear.

Think at this point I'll probably take a break from my alliance and just play when I feel like it, like I did last week. Hoping in future Kabam comes up with a great new AQ event that isn't heavily repetitive and shorter in length to pull me back in to playing.

Anyone else feel similar having that AQ week off?

Comments

• Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Aq is by far the most repetitive and life interruptive event. It was amazing to not have to deal w it. Wish kabam would scrap it and come up w something new!
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Honestly, the valuable rewards are the only reason I do AQ. Pretty stale and boring otherwise.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★

Didn't feel the constant pressure to check AQ, get bored doing the same fights over and over then waiting for nodes to clear.

Think at this point I'll probably take a break from my alliance and just play when I feel like it, like I did last week. Hoping in future Kabam comes up with a great new AQ event that isn't heavily repetitive and shorter in length to pull me back in to playing.

Anyone else feel similar having that AQ week off?

It was really great because no AQ and collected the rewards for it 👍
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I did my Abyss a day prior to the cancellation so it was a perfect break. Then I took the week off as a chance to organize my BG to transition from Map 6 to Map 7 since linked nodes are now gone. The gameplan is currently working well thanks to the ample amount of time the break gave me.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    The break was amazing.
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    It was quite good. I ended up taking this week off as well.
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    Was very stress free, it was nice to have the break
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

There were some comments in the merged thread about how some people wish AQ would never come back. But that mentality seems odd to me. If you don't like it, just don't play it. I think I've gotten to the point where me and my BG do a great job not pressuring people and getting m7 done without interfering with life. But if that's not the case for you, then no reward is worth effecting your personal life. I think you have the right idea OP

The problem with "don't play it" doesn't make sense because there isn't any other way to get the glory. If it wasn't for AQ, it would take ages to r4/R5 5's and r2/R3 6's (for those that do those maps). It's pretty much a necessary evil. That's why we only do maps 2 and 3 with modifiers. Gets us to 50 mil for about 2100 glory. Fuss is minimal. People that want their Champs can do map 2. People that want a slight challenge can do map 3. But it's over as quick as possible without much of a time suck.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Zan0 said:

crogs said:

Ebony_Naw said:

There were some comments in the merged thread about how some people wish AQ would never come back. But that mentality seems odd to me. If you don't like it, just don't play it. I think I've gotten to the point where me and my BG do a great job not pressuring people and getting m7 done without interfering with life. But if that's not the case for you, then no reward is worth effecting your personal life. I think you have the right idea OP

The problem with "don't play it" doesn't make sense because there isn't any other way to get the glory. If it wasn't for AQ, it would take ages to r4/R5 5's and r2/R3 6's (for those that do those maps). It's pretty much a necessary evil. That's why we only do maps 2 and 3 with modifiers. Gets us to 50 mil for about 2100 glory. Fuss is minimal. People that want their Champs can do map 2. People that want a slight challenge can do map 3. But it's over as quick as possible without much of a time suck.
    Oh it makes sense

the point of glory is so you can pick what you want as aq rewards and not to be a shop where you can get resources
    Sorry your post doesn't make sense. The point is, to get those resources, you would have to suffer through much harder content for a longer period of time. So the point of "don't play it" doesn't make sense because it's the lesser of evils to gain higher tier cats. Otherwise progression would be painfully slow and people would lose interest.

Case in point... Legendary side quest. Can't even get consistent t5 and t2a. Makes zero sense for Legendary to be filled with so much t4 **** where most people attempting it have t4c coming out do the ears with four digits t4c shard crystals, full t4c crystals and having to make use of the trade in crystals for overflowing. Makes you wonder what the point of legendary is when epic should be more t4 cats. So, painfully slow if "do not play AQ" was really an option.