**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Changes for Season 26

Comments

• Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I feel like there's some back story to this dreamin backing that I'm totally missing. Just throwing that out there before these comments possibly get deleted

Naw it is just masters players complaining war is "too ez" when they lose or are under stress for low deaths, yet they make a ton of mistakes and aren't punished as much because of ridiculous over boosting. Multiple youtubers have even said it on their vids. Just a hollow statement to call war too easy when their over boosting is the reason.
    I like it that wars arent as punishing like the constant block damage from stubborn, powergain from flow, or rubbish damage from siphon.
    Overboosting as you call it, it’s a strategy to win, not an excuse for calling something easy, war is a competitive mode, and you’re taking every advantage you can possibly get, and boosts are exactly that, a way to get an advantage, now personally I’d love to see some sort of boost limit for wars or something if the sort, would decrease the overall costs and make things more even if a heavy spender ally matches a lesser spending alliance, though in some ways you can argue that’s just the purpose of boosts, but saying they’re an excuse for war being too easy is flat out incorrect
    Then winning and losing is ALSO a part of it. Complaining about low margins is part of the competition, so deal with it.
    Currently the modifiers are not incredibly punishing, which is all it is. Skill levels have risen and attack rosters are immense. And upon that boosts fly supreme. when you have an r3 6* champ with 50k-60k health, there is not much that can kill you unless you absolutely suck. Yes, margins of error are tighter but that is exactly what competition is about. What boosts do is increase the margin for error. What "complaining" is going on feels like actually wanting this big margin to widen so that winning can be more comfortable. Take off the boosts and then say the same thing.
    Take off boosts, because that’s an option if the opponent is still boosting isn’t it? You completely miss the point, currently wars right at the top are having scores like 2-1 3-4 5-3 etc, and if war continues down the current route, it’ll reach a point where deathless clears aren’t uncommon for top alliances, scores being this low just increases the stress to insane levels, and makes every death more and more impactful on the people who died, now let’s say war is made more difficult, deaths counts rise, that’s not going to remove close wars, it’s just going to decrease how bad someone feels about that death, losing 10-11 and dying isn’t going to feel as bad as losing 0-1 and dying
    again bringing feelings, why should we care about feelings? It is a competition. SO because Master players can afford the item cost/ have the champs, make it harder for everyone because it is too easy? Lol. Spare your feelings in a game.
    You very well know this is only the case in very high tier war. While losing 0-1 is worse than losing 10-11 while dying and that maybe down to feelings, people are trying to say that is what's making wars so stressful. Knowing that you have to play perfect or suffer, that there's no margin of error.
    Do you play higher tier wars?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I feel like there's some back story to this dreamin backing that I'm totally missing. Just throwing that out there before these comments possibly get deleted

Naw it is just masters players complaining war is "too ez" when they lose or are under stress for low deaths, yet they make a ton of mistakes and aren't punished as much because of ridiculous over boosting. Multiple youtubers have even said it on their vids. Just a hollow statement to call war too easy when their over boosting is the reason.
    I like it that wars arent as punishing like the constant block damage from stubborn, powergain from flow, or rubbish damage from siphon.
    Overboosting as you call it, it’s a strategy to win, not an excuse for calling something easy, war is a competitive mode, and you’re taking every advantage you can possibly get, and boosts are exactly that, a way to get an advantage, now personally I’d love to see some sort of boost limit for wars or something if the sort, would decrease the overall costs and make things more even if a heavy spender ally matches a lesser spending alliance, though in some ways you can argue that’s just the purpose of boosts, but saying they’re an excuse for war being too easy is flat out incorrect
    Then winning and losing is ALSO a part of it. Complaining about low margins is part of the competition, so deal with it.
    Currently the modifiers are not incredibly punishing, which is all it is. Skill levels have risen and attack rosters are immense. And upon that boosts fly supreme. when you have an r3 6* champ with 50k-60k health, there is not much that can kill you unless you absolutely suck. Yes, margins of error are tighter but that is exactly what competition is about. What boosts do is increase the margin for error. What "complaining" is going on feels like actually wanting this big margin to widen so that winning can be more comfortable. Take off the boosts and then say the same thing.
    Take off boosts, because that’s an option if the opponent is still boosting isn’t it? You completely miss the point, currently wars right at the top are having scores like 2-1 3-4 5-3 etc, and if war continues down the current route, it’ll reach a point where deathless clears aren’t uncommon for top alliances, scores being this low just increases the stress to insane levels, and makes every death more and more impactful on the people who died, now let’s say war is made more difficult, deaths counts rise, that’s not going to remove close wars, it’s just going to decrease how bad someone feels about that death, losing 10-11 and dying isn’t going to feel as bad as losing 0-1 and dying
    again bringing feelings, why should we care about feelings? It is a competition. SO because Master players can afford the item cost/ have the champs, make it harder for everyone because it is too easy? Lol. Spare your feelings in a game.
    You very well know this is only the case in very high tier war. While losing 0-1 is worse than losing 10-11 while dying and that maybe down to feelings, people are trying to say that is what's making wars so stressful. Knowing that you have to play perfect or suffer, that there's no margin of error.
    No just trying to reiterate what people are trying to say.
  • Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I can read. War in general is an item suck, and stressful in general so "feelings" can be spared at all times.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Oh so that’s your problem with it, didn’t need to write 700 lines of text to say that, easy solution, separate tier 1 from the others in terms of the map
    Which is a definite option. I agree with that.
    Another option is to limit item usage, keep limited items, same for everyone. Remove boosts.
    Then try to explore the map. This would bring back the OG war map level where exploration was also a gamble with stuff like slashed tires and all that. Loved that old map.
    Making exploration the goal would be far more stressful than the current system since taking damage would be a major issue not just dying
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I can read. War in general is an item suck, and stressful in general so "feelings" can be spared at all times.
    Oh for sure. Wars and alliance events in general is insanely stressful and are an item-suck. Just saying that (based on what I've seen) even a small increase in margin of error and can help people feel less stressed.
  • Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Oh for sure. Wars and alliance events in general is insanely stressful and are an item-suck. Just saying that (based on what I've seen) even a small increase in margin of error and can help people feel less stressed.
    what you fail to understand is the "lesser " stress, p1/p2/p3 folks feel due to lesser damage taken.
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Oh so that’s your problem with it, didn’t need to write 700 lines of text to say that, easy solution, separate tier 1 from the others in terms of the map
    Which is a definite option. I agree with that.
    Another option is to limit item usage, keep limited items, same for everyone. Remove boosts.
    Then try to explore the map. This would bring back the OG war map level where exploration was also a gamble with stuff like slashed tires and all that. Loved that old map.
    Making exploration the goal would be far more stressful than the current system since taking damage would be a major issue not just dying
    Why would it? no way to get past it as you cant spend past it anymore. Then those truly who can hang with it will be able to play master wars.
  • Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

You seem fine nerfing everything into oblivion to spare feelings though. Heaven forbid "progressing players" can't complete new content immediately or that might hurt their feelings. A lot of you seem fine with that.

I'm not even arguing for or against anything here but I do find it pretty funny that you find this suggestion so absurd but seem quite concerned about the feelings of a different group.
    Just because i was "for " nerfing act6? Lol. I did it pre nerf. It was not fun. That was my viewpoint then, and it still is. Ridiculous attack is not a good measure of increasing difficulty, that is the stance I've always taken. That was what i was against, and that is what i will always stand by. Nerfing act6 did nothing for me (unless you count my mini), but for me, absolutely nothing.
    War being less punishing? Yes, I am all for it. War items cannot be farmed, are grossly overpriced at times. Currently, protect is a healthy divide between being able to bypass unnecessary damage and being decently skill dependent at the same time. As i reiterated before, you need not take unnecessary damage ( siphon, stubborn), or deal with limited rosters (flow). Do i like this iteration of alliance wars? Yes I do. Do i think it is more competitive, yes I do. When I see the "git gud" crowd complain about it being "too ez", am I against that? Yes I am.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Just bring back the original AW map with more and more ridiculous nodes as we venture away from the middle lanes, like slashed tyres, starburst etc. Make it much harder to 100% so alliances gotta choose whether to do so or not.

It's gotta be only Juggernaut for that node. Just for nostalgia.
  • xNig said:

Just bring back the original AW map with more and more ridiculous nodes as we venture away from the middle lanes, like slashed tyres, starburst etc. Make it much harder to 100% so alliances gotta choose whether to do so or not.

sigh those were the times. Ultron on recovery, HB on that willpower node, and magik bosses.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

We didn’t have CptIW or Slow champs then.. 😂. And nullify was so rarely found.

It was such a pain.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

We didn’t have CptIW or Slow champs then.. 😂. And nullify was so rarely found.

It was such a pain.
    It was the worst lol.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

All I'd like to see is a rewards buff and something to make it less stressful. The difficulty of it is currently in a perfect position but the stress and having to constantly login all day for sub-par rewards is what ruins it for me.

The way to make it less stressful (at least in tier 1, can’t speak for all the tiers) is actually to make war tougher again. When you lose 4-3, every death feels awful. When you lose 18-7, you can share the blame lol
    So you want to change war to spare feelings.... hmmm.
    No, i just miss it being more challenging that’s all
    Isnt this more "challenging"? Keeping death counts as close to zero? Or you like having a margin of error so "your feelings" arent hurt.
    What? i'm saying the opposite, i like having less margin of error in fights, not more. I didn't say my feelings get hurt, i said that's why some people don't like the super low scoring wars
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I actually agree with @pseudosane lets remove boosts and see who's truly better. But people pay for boosts and over healing so thats not going to happen. But yeah if you remove super boosts than I think AW will go back to being interesting or even worse hide nodes. Neither of which I want but that is what hard looks like.

I don't like stubborn by the way because it nerfs quake and ghost which I don't think is fun.

I actually agree with @pseudosane lets remove boosts and see who's truly better. But people pay for boosts and over healing so thats not going to happen. But yeah if you remove super boosts than I think AW will go back to being interesting or even worse hide nodes. Neither of which I want but that is what hard looks like.

I don't like stubborn by the way because it nerfs quake and ghost which I don't think is fun.

all the boosting and everything existed during flow, but they make the globals easier and easier. Flow was really tough, stubborn was not too tough, protect is a joke
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I think Taters said something in his "How to fix AW" video about how AW Season 25 meant something like "The End". The name was in a foreign language. But it makes me think that Season 25 was the end of the old AW, and we are getting an overhaul in Season 26, with news to come very soon hopefully.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

I think Taters said something in his "How to fix AW" video about how AW Season 25 meant something like "The End". The name was in a foreign language. But it makes me think that Season 25 was the end of the old AW, and we are getting an overhaul in Season 26, with news to come very soon hopefully.

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

all the boosting and everything existed during flow, but they make the globals easier and easier. Flow was really tough, stubborn was not too tough, protect is a joke
    When flow wars existed I was in gold 2 so I don't know how hard flow was. But I'm okay with harder wars to shake things up I just don't like stubborn specifically because it nerfs quake and ghost. Now that wars are easier I'm actually using more items than ever before which is ironic.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Thanks

I'm hoping "Coup de grace" is in reference to the overhaul to AW due to its deteriorating state atm.

• All I'd like to see is a rewards buff and something to make it less stressful. The difficulty of it is currently in a perfect position but the stress and having to constantly login all day for sub-par rewards is what ruins it for me.

The way to make it less stressful (at least in tier 1, can’t speak for all the tiers) is actually to make war tougher again. When you lose 4-3, every death feels awful. When you lose 18-7, you can share the blame lol
    Isnt this more "challenging"? Keeping death counts as close to zero? Or you like having a margin of error so "your feelings" arent hurt.
    What? i'm saying the opposite, i like having less margin of error in fights, not more. I didn't say my feelings get hurt, i said that's why some people don't like the super low scoring wars
    Well seems like you are one of the complainers for "ez wars". Current wars have razor thin margins of error in t1. You should be all over it.

All I'd like to see is a rewards buff and something to make it less stressful. The difficulty of it is currently in a perfect position but the stress and having to constantly login all day for sub-par rewards is what ruins it for me.

Well seems like you are one of the complainers for "ez wars". Current wars have razor thin margins of error in t1. You should be all over it.
    I’m looking from an individual perspective, i miss the challenge
  • JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 ★★
    @Kabam Miike
    Appreciate it if we can get a response on this post about if there will be any changes to the next season or not
    JuroSan said:

@Kabam Miike
    Appreciate it if we can get a response on this post about if there will be any changes to the next season or not

there will not be, it would've been announced last week
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Experience has shown, if there were any changes, they'd likely be announced by now.