**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A semi-hot take on recent content from a mid-game player's perspective

13»

Comments

• IKON said:

I'm never typically bothered by Variant difficulty. What I am curious about is how many do we need targeted at "progressing players"? There's already 7 R5s available just from Variant gems, not to mention all the other resources. At what point are people no longer the target demographic?

I love the rankup gems to rank 5*s for basically no cost so it certainly doesn't bother me at all. Just curious at what point should the target shift if at all. If someone can have double digit R5s just from doing Variants are they even who the content is aimed at anymore? If not, who are they even aimed at?

I think that time is now. A lot of my teammates are now finishing abyss because everything else is completed. I think we're in line for another Abyss type of content or a jacked up 7.2. Anything less would not be ideal at this point.
    People are saying that 16 r5's isn't mid tier, and there's players like myself who aren't even whales who have 13 r3 6 stars. So if 16 r5's isn't even mid tier than what am I with 13 r3 6 stars? We're certainly on two different levels but at this point we might as well be the same due to the content available.
    interesting you base it "on your teammates".
    We only give our opinion here, DNA has also said this, kabam looks at the data. If people arent bothering with the content, they then make a change.
    Act6 nerfs were done not because folks complained on here, it was because nobody was playing act6, so that was a loss of revenue for them. If the demographic stops playing variants, we will see a change.
    My personal opinion is I like variants just to rank up my 5* for free. I can rank up trash just to play around with their abilities.
    Sure the data factors in, but you will never convince me that Seatin and the userbase revolt to 7.1 OG Beta were not the catalysts to changing direction.
    They probably were. But you do realise Seatin has a huge player following. 200k+ subs? If a larger majority of those folks got into the "revolution" those are numbers that could shift kabam opinion. Whether we like it or not, Seatin has a very powerful platform. Definitely more than those on here.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

NapaHero said:

You lost me at “I actually love 6.4.”

but 6.4 is fun
    Absolutely agreed, but even if people don’t think it is I have no idea how you can lose someone by saying you like something. When this game is so subjective about what people enjoy.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I'm never typically bothered by Variant difficulty. What I am curious about is how many do we need targeted at "progressing players"? There's already 7 R5s available just from Variant gems, not to mention all the other resources. At what point are people no longer the target demographic?

I love the rankup gems to rank 5*s for basically no cost so it certainly doesn't bother me at all. Just curious at what point should the target shift if at all. If someone can have double digit R5s just from doing Variants are they even who the content is aimed at anymore? If not, who are they even aimed at?

I think that time is now. A lot of my teammates are now finishing abyss because everything else is completed. I think we're in line for another Abyss type of content or a jacked up 7.2. Anything less would not be ideal at this point.
    People are saying that 16 r5's isn't mid tier, and there's players like myself who aren't even whales who have 13 r3 6 stars. So if 16 r5's isn't even mid tier than what am I with 13 r3 6 stars? We're certainly on two different levels but at this point we might as well be the same due to the content available.
    We only give our opinion here, DNA has also said this, kabam looks at the data. If people arent bothering with the content, they then make a change.
    Act6 nerfs were done not because folks complained on here, it was because nobody was playing act6, so that was a loss of revenue for them. If the demographic stops playing variants, we will see a change.
    My personal opinion is I like variants just to rank up my 5* for free. I can rank up trash just to play around with their abilities.
    Just because you're not in an alliance that majority of the members have completed abyss doesn't mean you need to scare others into not asking for more end game content. Its not about you this time, I'm speaking for players like myself with everything done. Variants are fine but we need something else. It's not complicated and we can ask for content as well.
  • I'm never typically bothered by Variant difficulty. What I am curious about is how many do we need targeted at "progressing players"? There's already 7 R5s available just from Variant gems, not to mention all the other resources. At what point are people no longer the target demographic?

Just because you're not in an alliance that majority of the members have completed abyss doesn't mean you need to scare others into not asking for more end game content. Its not about you this time, I'm speaking for players like myself with everything done. Variants are fine but we need something else. It's not complicated and we can ask for content as well.
    lmao, what a bold assumption. I explored abyss before you did, and i have folks in my alliance explored it way before your ally as well.... just because your alliance just got around to doing it, dont start throwing assumptions. Your earlier statement that you are usually right seems doubtful, 0/2 this round.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    IKON said:

Sure the data factors in, but you will never convince me that Seatin and the userbase revolt to 7.1 OG Beta were not the catalysts to changing direction.
    People say the same thing about 12.0. It was the "boycott" and the mass complaints that caused Kabam to change. But what did they change? People complained about DR, they complained about CR, they complained about the harsh nerfs to some of the meta-busting champions. And in response, they kept DR, they kept CR, and they retained the majority of the nerfs. The changes made were specific tweaks in specific areas: CR was refactored a bit, they pulled back on some of the new attributes like block penetration, they made targeted fixes to block proficiency, in particular high block champs like Captain America and the mechanics of Parry.

There's no question Kabam had to respond to the complaints, but they didn't respond by making the changes players were demanding at the time. Similarly, the changes made to how the devs create content now might have been prompted by the OG 7.1 beta, and the fallout of that spilling over into the general forums and Seatin's burnout video, but I think a lot of people forget that Seatin's video didn't focus primarily on content difficulty design. If you go back and watch that video, Seatin covers wide ground, and ironically his biggest focus was on pushing the envelope in interesting ways for top tier end game players. In terms of directly addressing Seatin's complaints, the devs have done almost nothing to directly address them.

The complaint that was sparked in the OG 7.1 beta was not just difficulty, but the crushing one-dimensional difficulty that became one component of the general complaint of burnout, which meant a lot of things to a lot of different people. The changes to Act 6 and the way content was reimagined for Act 7 *don't* directly address the general complaint of burnout. They *do* target one tangential piece of it for some players. But the devs didn't just react to the complaints and implement what the players asked for. They went back to the drawing board and rethought their approach to the content design and even who the content targeted in the first place.

But that's what Betas are for in the first place. They just don't often have the wide-reaching effects this one had, because this one became the proxy for a lot of complaints that had built up over time.

lmao, what a bold assumption. I explored abyss before you did, and i have folks in my alliance explored it way before your ally as well.... just because your alliance just got around to doing it, dont start throwing assumptions. Your earlier statement that you are usually right seems doubtful, 0/2 this round.
    What is your in game name? We can really see who completed Abyss or not. We don't need to go over assumptions at all.

My alliance didn't just get around to doing abyss, majority of us finished abyss last year including myself, my remark about my teammates completing abyss was to say that people that aren't into that type of content are now doing it because there's little to do. That was the point I was trying to make. Regardless you still failed to address my issues regarding end game content for myself and others. So your post did nothing but troll.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

IKON said:

They probably were. But you do realise Seatin has a huge player following. 200k+ subs? If a larger majority of those folks got into the "revolution" those are numbers that could shift kabam opinion. Whether we like it or not, Seatin has a very powerful platform. Definitely more than those on here.
    All I'm pushing back against is the idea that the change in direction is purely data driven. Seatin pushed the issue.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,762 Guardian
    edited April 2021

What is your in game name? We can really see who completed Abyss or not. We don't need to go over assumptions at all.

My alliance didn't just get around to doing abyss, majority of us finished abyss last year including myself, my remark about my teammates completing abyss was to say that people that aren't into that type of content are now doing it because there's little to do. That was the point I was trying to make. Regardless you still failed to address my issues regarding end game content for myself and others. So your post did nothing but troll.
    IGN : Salsamander. Go ahead you can check.
    EDIT: you recently completed end game content. I can refer to post made in november stating you hadnt finish abyss at the time. I had mine complete in mid JUly last year. I can also refer to your posts complaining about act6 difficulty. Ironic, isnt it, mr high and mighty?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

IKON said:

All I'm pushing back against is the idea that the change in direction is purely data driven. Seatin pushed the issue.
    This is something many don't like to admit. He was not the only reason, but he was a big reason. If you see, there were many complaints about act 6 before his video too, but the original book 2 was the one that broke the camel's back and made him publish that video.

EDIT: you recently completed end game content. I can refer to post made in november stating you hadnt finish abyss at the time. I had mine complete in mid JUly last year. I can also refer to your posts complaining about act6 difficulty. Ironic, isnt it, mr high and mighty?
    Yeah, I'm a much better player than I was then. I finished Abyss in November of last year. I paced myself purposefully and finished it at my convenience but the game has gotten so easy I finished it before I wanted to. I've said that several times.

Also, I complained about the Champion boss and attack values in act 6. I still finished 2 weeks after 6.4 was dropped. None of that is hidden and I'm not ashamed of getting better lol. So I don't understand your point. Currently, I have all content done and I'm an end game player. So my perspective has changed and I'll check out your profile now. Mine is TheTalents.
  • I'm never typically bothered by Variant difficulty. What I am curious about is how many do we need targeted at "progressing players"? There's already 7 R5s available just from Variant gems, not to mention all the other resources. At what point are people no longer the target demographic?

Yeah, I'm a much better player than I was then. I finished Abyss in November of last year. I paced myself purposefully and finished it at my convenience but the game has gotten so easy I finished it before I wanted to. I've said that several times.

Also, I complained about the Champion boss and attack values in act 6. I still finished 2 weeks after 6.4 was dropped. None of that is hidden and I'm not ashamed of getting better lol. So I don't understand your point. Currently, I have all content done and I'm an end game player. So my perspective has changed and I'll check out your profile now. Mine is TheTalents.
    I dont need proof bud. I believe you did complete content. I was just pointing out the were are in the same boat.

I dont need proof bud. I believe you did complete content. I was just pointing out the were are in the same boat.
    Not when it comes to alliances, which is where your comparison came from. Two totally different levels. You individually may be on that level but your alliance as a whole is not even close. When people leave my alliance they're gong to masters.

Regardless I don't think we really disagree all that much. I just want harder content at this point and Kabam Miike said it will be here soon so I'm assuming 7.2 will be harder than the beta.

Not when it comes to alliances, which is where your comparison came from. Two totally different levels. You individually may be on that level but your alliance as a whole is not even close. When people leave my alliance they're gong to masters.

Regardless I don't think we really disagree all that much. I just want harder content at this point and Kabam Miike said it will be here soon so I'm assuming 7.2 will be harder than the beta.
    Kind of false. Yes I agree we do not push as much, but most are done with act6, plenty explored abyss and a few are working on it. The only difference is the level of push. Sorry, wrong there.

I agree we need harder content, my only rebuttal was i make it harder for myself with alt accounts/ different champs.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ermagawd please both of you stop or take this to pm lol

You're a little too late its over already. I looked up his alliance and you can see the difference yourself. Anyways back to the topic. I would like a brand new game mode for hard content so it sets a new precedence so players won't be as mad but Kabam can start with 7.2 being harder.