**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

For everyone complaining that V7 was too easy.

PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 750 ★★★
I got a great idea and an easy fix for Kabam. Why don't they add bonus rewards for completing Variants with 4* as they did with EQ Cav Diff. This will provide the Challenge these people are looking for and some slightly better rewards. I mean if it was just a challenge you're looking for I don't know why you wouldn't do this anyways but what can I say. I know I do this already anyways when I want a challenge or use champs I don't typically use at lower ranks. They could go back and add this to all previous Variants too to give people something to work on. What do you guys think? Or ideas to add to it?

Comments

• PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 750 ★★★

what i dont get is Why people with stacked rosters are still not realising tht varients that varients are for options to take up 5* champs still an isnt end endgame content its more for cav ealrier on then tb players free rank up gems for tb . for 5*'s they maybe wouldnt take up otherwise ...

I feel ya There for sure. If they made them harder without a middle difficulty it would just be content that takes you even more years of total playing to even get a chance to do. They really need to add another Difficult or like I said would be a super easy fix and not require Kabam to even have to do more work on content creating. I think it would be cool because you can choose to just do it with 4* from the start or go back and run it again later for the extra rewards. And if you are a super talented player you could pull it off earlier on in your MCOC career for epic rewards.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I really like the idea of adding objectives to make things harder, rewards don't have to be that much, 1 6* sig stone and I'll be all over it.

There are definitely ways to make it work beyond 4* challenge as well. Do a path in chapter 2 of Variant 5 without a mystic on the team was the first thing i thought of, as you'd be limited to only spiderverse and symbiotes in a quest that boosts mystics.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    I just want the SoP and ill be happy.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

what i dont get is Why people with stacked rosters are still not realising tht varients that varients are for options to take up 5* champs still an isnt end endgame content its more for cav ealrier on then tb players free rank up gems for tb . for 5*'s they maybe wouldnt take up otherwise ...

My issue isn’t necessarily with variants, it’s with the lack of other content to challenge the endgame around them, at this point 6.4 was the most recent piece of content designed to challenge the best players, which came out over a year ago, and if variants are going to focus on the progressing player, helping people push towards thronebreaker and stuff, they need to have content tailored to the endgame players as well (and no, 7.1 wasn’t tailored to endgame players, it was significantly easier than 3 chapters of act 6, which again in fine with if other stuff is released with it)
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

I just want the SoP and ill be happy.

As long as it’s as difficult as it’s been hyped up to be anyway
    IKON said:

I really like the idea of adding objectives to make things harder, rewards don't have to be that much, 1 6* sig stone and I'll be all over it.

There are definitely ways to make it work beyond 4* challenge as well. Do a path in chapter 2 of Variant 5 without a mystic on the team was the first thing i thought of, as you'd be limited to only spiderverse and symbiotes in a quest that boosts mystics.

Yeah but that would make it harder for everyone so Cav players my have too hard of a time. The point was to make it harder for people who what it to be harder.
    Lvernon15 said:

My issue isn’t necessarily with variants, it’s with the lack of other content to challenge the endgame around them, at this point 6.4 was the most recent piece of content designed to challenge the best players, which came out over a year ago, and if variants are going to focus on the progressing player, helping people push towards thronebreaker and stuff, they need to have content tailored to the endgame players as well (and no, 7.1 wasn’t tailored to endgame players, it was significantly easier than 3 chapters of act 6, which again in fine with if other stuff is released with it)
    Yeah but Variant isn't for end-game players. When released it doable for Uncollected and Cav and players. They need to add another difficulty for End-game players.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    They could add a daily boss with randomizes nodes or something. No rewards, just for fun.
    edited April 2021
    Ebony_Naw said:

The complaint as I understand it is that the content isn't challenging and is completely uninspired for those with deeper rosters. This doesn't really help.

What I don't understand is why it's so bad for them to ask for content to be designed to test deeper rosters. We'll all be at the point where we have plenty of 6r3, but some are there now. Why can't they get content?

Yeah, there should be harder content for sure but don't make it harder for progressing players. Variant has always been for uncollected to Cav players. Not everyone is trying to invest 4 or 5 years into a game and thousands of dollars to get to where you have some more content to play and the classic is just way too easy. All the deals are so damn expensive and FTP or semi-FTP it takes actual years to get to where you can do variants. Can expect every person to pick up this game to be completely addicted and become their life and the people that this is too easy for are actually those players. Don't get me wrong I am too lol but I feel the Variant difficulty is fine. I can make it harder if I want using champs that don't just dominate it. I feel there should be a harder mode or bonus rewards for 4*s. There could put some more effort into it I'm sure to make it more compelling but at least we get more Variants now than ever. It could go back to 1 a year.
    edited April 2021
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

The complaint as I understand it is that the content isn't challenging and is completely uninspired for those with deeper rosters. This doesn't really help.

What I don't understand is why it's so bad for them to ask for content to be designed to test deeper rosters. We'll all be at the point where we have plenty of 6r3, but some are there now. Why can't they get content?

Yeah, there should be harder content for sure but don't make it harder for progressing players. Variant has always been for uncollected to Cav players. Not everyone is trying to invest 4 or 5 years into a game and thousands of dollars to get to where you have some more content to play and the classic is just way too easy. All the deals are so damn expensive and FTP or semi-FTP it takes actual years to get to where you can do variants. Can expect every person to pick up this game to be completely addicted and become their life and the people that this is too easy for are actually those players. Don't get me wrong I am too lol but I feel the Variant difficulty is fine. I can make it harder if I want using champs that don't just dominate it. I feel there should be a harder mode or bonus rewards for 4*s. There could put some more effort into it I'm sure to make it more compelling but at least we get more Variants now than ever. It could go back to 1 a year.
    Amazing how many incorrect stereotypes you managed to fit in there. I'm going to ignore most of them because it isn't only whales who want hard content and such.

I used to believe like you, that the content was all fine and that some people were being overly dramatic. But then Kab kept having to nerf silly things like the summoner show down show up difficulty, and people complained about the Mulaney challenge. And no matter what, there are people complaining when Kabam comes out with hard content. And this is a glaring issue- that in reality, there is NO hard content coming out, ever. If not variants, then what, a new difficulty? That's fine, but then let's see it.

I also don't like the argument that the difficulty is fine because the base it's targeting is stagnant while some players have moved out of that target range. First of all, Miike said when v5 came out that the target was still the endgame players.

And finally, stop with this argument that if you want a challenge, just force yourself to use lower rarity champs or suboptimal champs. It's a terrible argument. One of the things you probably like about this game is the need to aquire new champs, rank them up, and build the most optimal team to tackle the newest content. But I guess endgame players don't deserve that privilege, because whales who spent more than I did on my house.

Let's all agree on one thing:
    Mid game players deserve to have many opportunities to have content that can help them build there roster. Additionally, more progressed players deserve to have content that tests their already built rosters without other players complaining that it isn't fair. So if variants no longer fill that void, then what does/should?
    Yeah, there should be a higher difficulty. Id like to see it too. Variant should suggest a certain difficulty as uncollected and Cav do. You don't want them slapping the Cav difficulty on some content that is super easy or way too out of reach for a Cav player. I'm am just putting out an easy fix we can get soon than later that I think they could implement fairly easily and quickly. If they make it so mid tier can start to do Variants then their stuck with no content to play and most likey fall off and leave the game too early. The harder content to challenge players should be Act 7.2 but them people are just going to take 6* r3 champs into it boost them up and say its too easy. Or Rank up material for r4 and them become easy again. People will whale out and get them even faster and then say it's too easy with a full team of r4 champs down the line. But you have some points. Personally, I like being able to go into new content and being able to handle it because of my roster and what I have put into it to build it, and what I have spent on it. Having something to show for it makes it worthwhile and fun for me. If I didn't it would be much harder that's what I paid for. I want the rewards from it to build my champs for AQ and AW.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Amazing how many incorrect stereotypes you managed to fit in there. I'm going to ignore most of them because it isn't only whales who want hard content and such.

I used to believe like you, that the content was all fine and that some people were being overly dramatic. But then Kab kept having to nerf silly things like the summoner show down show up difficulty, and people complained about the Mulaney challenge. And no matter what, there are people complaining when Kabam comes out with hard content. And this is a glaring issue- that in reality, there is NO hard content coming out, ever. If not variants, then what, a new difficulty? That's fine, but then let's see it.

I also don't like the argument that the difficulty is fine because the base it's targeting is stagnant while some players have moved out of that target range. First of all, Miike said when v5 came out that the target was still the endgame players.

And finally, stop with this argument that if you want a challenge, just force yourself to use lower rarity champs or suboptimal champs. It's a terrible argument. One of the things you probably like about this game is the need to aquire new champs, rank them up, and build the most optimal team to tackle the newest content. But I guess endgame players don't deserve that privilege, because whales who spent more than I did on my house.

Mid game players deserve to have many opportunities to have content that can help them build there roster. Additionally, more progressed players deserve to have content that tests their already built rosters without other players complaining that it isn't fair. So if variants no longer fill that void, then what does/should?
    Yeah, there should be a higher difficulty. Id like to see it too. Variant should suggest a certain difficulty as uncollected and Cav do. You don't want them slapping the Cav difficulty on some content that is super easy or way too out of reach for a Cav player. I'm am just putting out an easy fix we can get soon than later that I think they could implement fairly easily and quickly. If they make it so mid tier can start to do Variants then their stuck with no content to play and most likey fall off and leave the game too early. The harder content to challenge players should be Act 7.2 but them people are just going to take 6* r3 champs into it boost them up and say its too easy. Or Rank up material for r4 and them become easy again. People will whale out and get them even faster and then say it's too easy with a full team of r4 champs down the line. But you have some points. Personally, I like being able to go into new content and being able to handle it because of my roster and what I have put into it to build it, and what I have spent on it. Having something to show for it makes it worthwhile and fun for me.
    I think even in this thread and the other one about variant being too easy, you see a lot of people simply asking for something. It doesn't have to be variants, but every time new content comes out, everyone says "no, this isn't for you, it's for the midgame player." But that shouldn't be the case with everything.
    Yeah, Also I'm sure it hard for Kabam to keep up with players. This game is addicting and you can obsess over it and just want to play all the time logging in all through the day when you have energy and beat all the content as soon as it's out and then more waiting again. What can you expect.. You basically beat the game and then want to keep playing but there nothing to do so you gotta wait for expansions or when they can release more events here and there and more content types. it's a slippery slope lol.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

People generally aren’t asking for longer versions of boring fights, which is what your solution is. They are asking for fight mechanics and puzzles that genuinely challenge and interest them.

Like... limiting the roster choices... like gates... 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Yeah, there should be a higher difficulty. Id like to see it too. Variant should suggest a certain difficulty as uncollected and Cav do. You don't want them slapping the Cav difficulty on some content that is super easy or way too out of reach for a Cav player. I'm am just putting out an easy fix we can get soon than later that I think they could implement fairly easily and quickly. If they make it so mid tier can start to do Variants then their stuck with no content to play and most likey fall off and leave the game too early. The harder content to challenge players should be Act 7.2 but them people are just going to take 6* r3 champs into it boost them up and say its too easy. Or Rank up material for r4 and them become easy again. People will whale out and get them even faster and then say it's too easy with a full team of r4 champs down the line. But you have some points. Personally, I like being able to go into new content and being able to handle it because of my roster and what I have put into it to build it, and what I have spent on it. Having something to show for it makes it worthwhile and fun for me.
    I think even in this thread and the other one about variant being too easy, you see a lot of people simply asking for something. It doesn't have to be variants, but every time new content comes out, everyone says "no, this isn't for you, it's for the midgame player." But that shouldn't be the case with everything.
    Yeah, Also I'm sure it hard for Kabam to keep up with players. This game is addicting and you can obsess over it and just want to play all the time logging in all through the day when you have energy and beat all the content as soon as it's out and then more waiting again. What can you expect.. You basically beat the game and then want to keep playing but there nothing to do so you gotta wait for expansions or when they can release more events here and there and more content types. it's a slippery slope lol.

The issue with the original complains about having content too “difficult” tended to originate from “progressing” players.

What they didn’t see was that, “progressing” is a phase and eventually they will reach a point where they are at the end-game with nothing to challenge them, then they’ll feel bored and want to quit.

It’s just an aftereffect of making content too easy and “fun” because they were yielding to those who make a lot of noise.

So really, what needs to be done is to bring back hard, punishing content so people have something to “work towards”.

(Not even excited to R3 champs nowadays with all the current do-able with 5* R5s.)
    xNig said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

The issue with the original complains about having content too “difficult” tended to originate from “progressing” players.

What they didn’t see was that, “progressing” is a phase and eventually they will reach a point where they are at the end-game with nothing to challenge them, then they’ll feel bored and want to quit.

It’s just an aftereffect of making content too easy and “fun” because they were yielding to those who make a lot of noise.

So really, what needs to be done is to bring back hard, punishing content so people have something to “work towards”.

(Not even excited to R3 champs nowadays with all the current do-able with 5* R5s.)
    Like, make them more like Variant 1?
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Like, make them more like Variant 1?
    Stop spam bumping the thread
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I think my main issue is the use of words like 'difficult' or 'challenging'. You can make difficult content that is 1* exclusive, but that isn't what people are asking for. They want content specifically tailored to their roster. That's fine. Everybody should want that.

It's just not gonna happen. Maybe an event here or there, but Kabam doesn't want you to progress any further. They want the playerbase to even out more so they can more adequately monetize resources.

Why dump a lot of time into an event for the top 0.5% when it's more profitable to target the 49.5% below that? Kabam doesn't really care if people quit as long as their bottom line averages out. Cold, but that's just business.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    So this conversation has been going on for awhile. We concede that variants are challenging, I don't think majority is asking for more variants. Although I do really like rankup gems. People just want content for 6 star R3 champions. At this point if roster limitations are needed I'm open to those type of challenge as well. The main thing is to make sure the rewards match the difficulty. We've clearly gone too far in the other direction at this point.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    If Kabam created some really hard new quest, say, with defenders you would otherwise only find in zone 18 of sector 8 Incursions, the response from a few would be this: the rewards suck!!! Not worth the effort!!!

The circle of life, people. It’s real.