**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

For everyone complaining that V7 was too easy.

2»

Comments

• TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    From rewards, it would seem they value AG crystal more than a 4-5 crystal (since AG is from exploration and 4-5 is from completion). I would love to be able to trade in my AGs for 4-5 gems of the same class.

Don't need AGs. Don't rank up 5* anymore unless it's from gems, as all my resources now go to 6*. I would definitely rank up some 5* if I had more gems.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Kabam can never find a balance to make both sides happy. (Sigh)
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    They don't have to make both sides happy. The issue with hard content is the rewards. This is how you solve that issue. Whatever content you drop give a t5cc selector or 6 star awakening gem. Its not hard to keep end gamers quiet but you have to make the trials worth it.

That was the issue with abyss. All those units spent and no selectors for the T5cc.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

They don't have to make both sides happy. The issue with hard content is the rewards. This is how you solve that issue. Whatever content you drop give a t5cc selector or 6 star awakening gem. Its not hard to keep end gamers quiet but you have to make the trials worth it.

That option only exists today because it wasn't used in the past. If we use it today, it won't work tomorrow. These things matter to end gamers because its the only things they can't really earn many of. But if you add it to more than a couple pieces of content, each one will dilute the benefits of the previous ones, until they stop working as end game content inducement.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    DNA3000 said:

That option only exists today because it wasn't used in the past. If we use it today, it won't work tomorrow. These things matter to end gamers because its the only things they can't really earn many of. But if you add it to more than a couple pieces of content, each one will dilute the benefits of the previous ones, until they stop working as end game content inducement.
    The only resource that Kabam should hold is 6 star sig stones. That is the difference maker between myself with 12.5k prestige with all end game content done and the 13k guys who buys a ton of crystals meaning more dups. Everything else should be on the table. At this point a t5cc selector isn't game changing because most of us with all content done have 10+ r3 6 stars already. So yes awakening gems (non select) and t5 selector should be on the table. When bringing in the hardest content.

Kabam can also get creative. Give out r2 6 star rank up gems. There's a lot of things that Kabam can use to leverage people to play that are still valuable for completing content.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Rasilover said:

What if they stopped trying to balance content and instead created some sort of semi regular content for the actual endgame players?
    Exactly, nobody is asking to find a middle ground. Make content for mid tier, make content for end game.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Doesn’t solve the endgame problem. If the solution to making harder content was to limit champion rarity, why would I bother grinding/spending to obtain 6* champions and the resources to rank them?

The solution is to make actual, legitimate difficult content that tests the skills of the endgame player. Obviously that’s easier said than done since the majority of the player base isn’t endgame and therefore not the focus. I’d at the very least just like to see an updated roadmap on the future of the game from an endgame perspective. Because there’s been nothing for us endgamers to strive to complete for a long while now
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Class restrictions/gates are a good way to start.

(Like putting a Korg with Power again/Spite on a path that only allows Skill champs. Goodbye Namor/OR/HT/BWCV etc common counters.)
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 750 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Ebony_Naw said:

Rasilover said:

What if they stopped trying to balance content and instead created some sort of semi regular content for the actual endgame players?
    A Thonebraker Difficulty EQ would be nice and resolve alot of the complaining? I wish they would but we just got Cav lol. It seems like this is what everyone is really asking for with Variants being a bit better designed and harder. But are people asking for harder for better rewards or will they be happy with the same rewards?
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    In nutshell we want Grandmaster type fights. It was fun challenging and skill based.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    What is classed as an end gamer these days? I’m never sure where the cut-off sits
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    xNig said:

(Like putting a Korg with Power again/Spite on a path that only allows Skill champs. Goodbye Namor/OR/HT/BWCV etc common counters.)

Hello Falcon 😂
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Thecurler said:

xNig said:

Hello Falcon 😂
    Yeah. Still gotta play around the spite and power gain while lock on is on cooldown. But other champs will work as well with some adjustment to playstyle, like not giving Korg charges to enable blocking his sp1.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    No. Stop with this argument.
    We want 6* champs to use them. Not to have Kabam force us to use resources on lower rarity champs.

If you’re for special objectives make it in a way rewarding skill not lower tier champs.
    For example, finish this fight without getting touched. Or intercept 5 times. I don’t know.

But we don’t want to use 4*. We’ve spent a huge amount of time building our 5* and 6* and that’s to USE them.