Clarifying the Known Buff Schedule

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 4,596 ★★★★★
Reading back through the update on champion buffs...

From what I can glean, we know OGBP will be getting some type of buff for May.

It also appears Miles will be a bit later and will be a full overhaul—perhaps summer.

The revised target will mean a single big update and a pair of more moderate updates each month—which would imply OGBP gets the big update for May and another pair of champs receive a more modest update. We could guess Miles is the June big update (or later if it takes longer).

Does that accurately sum up what we think we know as of today?

Dr. Zola

Comments

  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 3,943 ★★★★★
    What’s the situation with Odin? That’s confirmed for may I believe. Black Panther is confirmed for the overhaul. But I’m not sure if Odin is replacing one of the tune ups, so there’s only one un-announced buffs, or if Odin is alongside the two tune ups.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I believe odin might of replaced someone of the tuneups possibly but hopefully will know soon im hoping we see for a update be from a mystic class like og guilly
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 2,967 ★★★★★
    I love that we get buffs each month now. I have so many meme-level 6 stars.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 3,943 ★★★★★

    I love that we get buffs each month now. I have so many meme-level 6 stars.

    I think it’s genuinely one of the best things to ever happen to the game.

    Bad pulls have always been a part of the game, and while they still kind of hurt now, every bad pull now has a chance to become the next magneto, or the next falcon.

    Such an amazing thing Kabam are doing
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,234 ★★★★★
    They already said ogbp is may update
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 4,596 ★★★★★

    They already said ogbp is may update

    Right. That’s apparently a given.

    As for the rest, do we know anything? Just trying to revisit the public statements and get a clear picture of what is immediately ahead. Not trying to steal the Coca-Cola formula.

    Dr. Zola
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 157 ★★


    Personally I took a small gamble, I believe he will come some time in the summer
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 3,943 ★★★★★



    Personally I took a small gamble, I believe he will come some time in the summer

    I have a 1-2 science rank up gem, tempted to do the same!
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,234 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

    They already said ogbp is may update

    Right. That’s apparently a given.

    As for the rest, do we know anything? Just trying to revisit the public statements and get a clear picture of what is immediately ahead. Not trying to steal the Coca-Cola formula.

    Dr. Zola
    it's the same every month, they don't announce buffs till patch notes outa fear that people will rank in advance despite knowing nothing and then complain after the fact
  • slackerslacker Posts: 548 ★★★

    I love that we get buffs each month now. I have so many meme-level 6 stars.

    I think it’s genuinely one of the best things to ever happen to the game.

    Bad pulls have always been a part of the game, and while they still kind of hurt now, every bad pull now has a chance to become the next magneto, or the next falcon.

    Such an amazing thing Kabam are doing
    Agree, reading champion spotlight is one of things i enjoyed every month, being able to read 4+ times it feel good even if i don't own them.
    Also if that pulls is the next Howard, i'll also take it, Kabam really nailed it, he's just so enjoy to play and his damage and utility is acceptable and worth the ramp up.
  • JBC89JBC89 Posts: 71

    We know that OGBP is getting the overhaul. That’s the big one

    We also know Odin is getting a tuneup, what we don’t know is whether this will account for on of the two tuneup/update buffs.

    We also know hood is supposed to be rebuffed at some point.

    Miles is confirmed for a buff, but that it would take longer due to VFX. The timeline for BP was we can assume 4 months, since we had his confirmation in February, when work had already started.

    Judging by the that, miles will most likely be July/August

    It also tells us the kind of pace they’re working at it if BP had work started on him in at least February, although I imagine January is more likely. We can also assume overhauls take longer.

    Judging by that timeline, unless they shift one of the originally scheduled buffs, Odin should be an addition since I reckon work will already have started on those 3 buffs in March.

    Pure speculation but it’s what I can devise from the information we know

    I think miles is confirmed for an overhaul and OGBP has a buff, besides that can you explain what is VFX?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 414 ★★★
    JBC89 said:

    We know that OGBP is getting the overhaul. That’s the big one

    We also know Odin is getting a tuneup, what we don’t know is whether this will account for on of the two tuneup/update buffs.

    We also know hood is supposed to be rebuffed at some point.

    Miles is confirmed for a buff, but that it would take longer due to VFX. The timeline for BP was we can assume 4 months, since we had his confirmation in February, when work had already started.

    Judging by the that, miles will most likely be July/August

    It also tells us the kind of pace they’re working at it if BP had work started on him in at least February, although I imagine January is more likely. We can also assume overhauls take longer.

    Judging by that timeline, unless they shift one of the originally scheduled buffs, Odin should be an addition since I reckon work will already have started on those 3 buffs in March.

    Pure speculation but it’s what I can devise from the information we know

    I think miles is confirmed for an overhaul and OGBP has a buff, besides that can you explain what is VFX?
    Visual effects, it sounds like they want to incorporate some of the invisibility aspects that Miles has shown to do.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 414 ★★★
    As of right now as the OP has stated, OG Black Panther he's getting the overhaul and Odin is getting a numbers bump, other than that we don't know who the third Champion is and/or whether or not there will be a fourth.

    However a notable coincidence to point out is that almost every champ that has been overhauled or updated has been in a recent featured Crystal..
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 3,605 ★★★★★



    Personally I took a small gamble, I believe he will come some time in the summer

    I have a 1-2 science rank up gem, tempted to do the same!
    I just pulled my first Miles from the CGR Cavs and I'll take him up to r2 asap
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 162 ★★
    MSRDLD said:

    Honestly, and I know I’m probably in the minority on this, but I’d rather they devote more resources to buffing existing champs than bringing us new ones. Especially after seeing the ones we’re getting lately.

    I’m kind of in the same mindset, at least right now. So far, this month’s champs are looking pretty good, but other than that the only champ that hasn’t turned out being subpar is Stryfe. And he has the problem of being in the mutant class where there are already a ton of great champs and just not enough resources.

    I’m hoping Jabari and Centurion are signs that this year’s champs are improving, but if not, I’d much rather they put more resources in revamping pre-existing subpar champs than giving us new subpar champs that they’ll have to buff later on.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,391 ★★★★★

    I feel like we're gonna get 1 "Magneto level" buff per year, maybe 2. This year I think it'll be Miles and/or OG BP. Maybe I'm overly optimistic. We'll have to see.

    Hopefully it’s ogbp he so deserves it.
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 452 ★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit pls consider Sentry for complete overhaul or tuneup. Please. Kindly do a review or questions/answer session with all fellow summoners.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 776 ★★★
    DJMNH said:

    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit pls consider Sentry for complete overhaul or tuneup. Please. Kindly do a review or questions/answer session with all fellow summoners.

    I don’t think he needs an overhaul. A numbers tune up would be helpful in addition to some sort of utility addition. But this is a discussion for another thread.
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 452 ★★
    MSRDLD said:

    DJMNH said:

    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit pls consider Sentry for complete overhaul or tuneup. Please. Kindly do a review or questions/answer session with all fellow summoners.

    I don’t think he needs an overhaul. A numbers tune up would be helpful in addition to some sort of utility addition. But this is a discussion for another thread.
    My bad to deviate from the intended buff discussion in this thread. Sorry for it. But regarding sentry as I told even a tune up would be appreciated if not overhaul
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 656 ★★★
    From the (admittedly limited) experience I have working with coders and coding in general; even Kabam doesn't know for sure. This is why developers tend to be nebulous with time-frames. "Sometime in Q4", "TBA", "We're shooting for..., but expect...", "Soon", etc.

    If I were them, I'd put a rush on some easy buffs to hold in the back pocket for when everything breaks. Because it always does. Always.
  • RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Posts: 38



    Personally I took a small gamble, I believe he will come some time in the summer

    I have a 1-2 science rank up gem, tempted to do the same!
    After the DDHK buff, I think y'all are crazy to even think of doing it. They reworked his animations and everything and he still isn't good for much.
  • RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Posts: 38
    Seatin pointed out that there were a few of the buffed characters in the last featured, so I'm hoping Diablo and Dormammu get buffed. Dorm was the 1st 4* featured I grinded for, he seemed like he was going to be a monster, but was disappointing.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 3,943 ★★★★★



    Personally I took a small gamble, I believe he will come some time in the summer

    I have a 1-2 science rank up gem, tempted to do the same!
    After the DDHK buff, I think y'all are crazy to even think of doing it. They reworked his animations and everything and he still isn't good for much.
    I really enjoy DDHK, I think he’s a ton of fun. Just because his damage isn’t the highest doesn’t mean he isn’t good for much. He’s got really nice utility
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 179
    @MegaSkater67 care to give some input on DDHK?
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,278 ★★★
    ŁŤÇ said:

    @MegaSkater67 care to give some input on DDHK?

    Sure, daredevil is great. It’s too long to post it here in one comment but you can refer to this link if you’re after info on him and what he can do:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/m30dsq/an_in_depth_guide_to_the_devil_of_hells_kitchen/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 145
    As much as I like debating the buff for DDHK, maybe not here as well lol 😁

    It would be good to get some idea of what's coming, but I understand Kabam not revealing much too early as it risks Summoners ranking up champs before they have evaluated the merits of any buff for themselves.
Sign In or Register to comment.