**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tech -the weakest class?

BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,584 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
With all the recent buffs to skill champs that once paperthin class feel quite deep. Tech on the other hand feels just as thin as ever. Hoping Howard is a first of a trend as the 2020 additions seem meh

Comments

• DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    *Ghost has entered the chat
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Tech is a little soft right now, but feel like Cosmic is still weaker.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,584 ★★★★★
    Cosmic is a good counter, such a top heavy class. Either god or meme there. Tech still feels thin to me. After the top 4 (ghost, warlock, g99, and guardian) there is a noticeable drop off to the usable solid pulls already mentioned then it’s pretty bleh. Not sure the top5 in tech holds up against the top 5 of the other classes at this point though
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    The weakest by far
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Definitely the weakest. I have almost 5 tech t5cc overall(i havent even gotten more than 2 in any other class) and i cant find anywhere to use them.
  • Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364
    I think cosmic is weaker.
    Ghost
    Warlock
    Guilly 2099
    Sentinel
    Gaurdian
    Hulkbuster
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Skill is still the worst class

But Tech isn’t far off
  • AceOfDiamondAceOfDiamond Posts: 197 ★★
    Well I haven't found a proper tech champ to use my rank up gem on. Way too many duds in tech class. It was definitely skill class that was the weakest a while ago, but after so many buffs to skill champs, it is one of the better class now. Still no class comes close to mutant in terms of powerhouse champs. 2020 took mutant class to whole another level.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I think tech is the weakest at the moment.
  • gL4C1eRgL4C1eR Posts: 117
    Science doesn't really have too many heavy hitters honestly. I'd go with Science being the weakest over Tech.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    @LeNoirFaineant and @gL4C1eR please don’t comment on old threads. This thread is a month old.
    Will3808 said:

@LeNoirFaineant and @gL4C1eR please don’t comment on old threads. This thread is a month old.

The date says April 21st...
    edited April 2021
    Ciedre said:

gL4C1eR said:

Science doesn't really have too many heavy hitters honestly. I'd go with Science being the weakest over Tech.

Was about to say I was agreeing with you, then I had a look and realised there isnt actually a weak class atm.
    Quake, CAIW, Ibom, HT, Thing, She-hulk and Void are all great champs.
    Wow you're right.. Whenever I think of top tier Science only Void, Quake and Capt come to mind. All the other you listed are great champs indeed..
  • Killer354Killer354 Posts: 130
    I think it goes
    1.Mutant
    2. Skill
    3.Mystic
    4.Cosmic
    5.Science
    6.Tech

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

What are you talking about?
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Tech has Warlock and Ghost and then nobody else falls in that tier but there are a lot of good champs, most of which don’t do anything special enough to stand out. Cosmic is like that, but has more mediocre to meme tier champs (class is bigger I believe?).

Personally, Mutant, Skill, Mystic and even Science are above those two.
  • Bening_OneBening_One Posts: 28
    Tech has newcomer Silver Centurion. Besides utility, he brings enough damage unduped.

Cosmic is underappreciated....
    Carnage could use Assassin utility like Elektra had.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Tech has newcomer Silver Centurion. Besides utility, he brings enough damage unduped.

Cosmic is underappreciated....
    Carnage could use Assassin utility like Elektra had.

Is SC that good? Seems underwhelming at first glance.
  • Bening_OneBening_One Posts: 28

Is SC that good? Seems underwhelming at first glance.

Enough DOT damage and constant uptime at best.

He forms plasma faster since his basic attacks already apply shocks, unlike IMIW's plasma is made from building up specials.

A reminder that IMIW's DOT duration is short and most likely expires before reaching any SPs. Its hard to form that many ppl needs the stealth spidey synergy.