**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are any of these skill champs worth ranking up to become throne breaker?

CdvaCdva Posts: 52
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Just like the title reads, I recently formed a skill catalyst. I am now able to take anyone of the following champions up to rank three and reap all of the throne breaker benefits, please let me know who you think is worthy:

BWDO not awakened

Kingpin not awakened

Nick Fury not awakened, I have a 5 star maxed out awakened NF already

Black Panther classic not awakened

My sensible side tells me to wait on the black panther buff and hope for the best
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    I would say wait for the buff, but if it isn’t good, I do think BWDO is worth r3
  • CdvaCdva Posts: 52
    I’m still about 25% of the way he needed to go in order to form either tech or cosmic. I have much better options in each of those categories. However there’s so much RNG involved
  • Drew_D23Drew_D23 Posts: 102
    BWDO really doesn't need to be awakened at all
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Just do Nick Fury, you can cheat his unawakened by using heimdell/hela. Sometimes it’s easier this way too.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I am surprised no one suggestes Kingpin. If you have Hood, that guy is insane and worth R3 over Nick unawakened. Kingpin does not need his sig.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    I took my BWDO to rank 2 in a heartbeat BUT only for cav EQ. She’s helping with v7.

I’d take her to 3 just for those reasons.

Just my opinion
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I'd wait. I doubt it's gonna be NF level, but the buffs are really unpredictable. The extra TB stuff is nice, but the main benefit comes during deal days. Especially if they plan to shaft every other progression level like last time.

On a side note, NF is probably one of those rare cases that I'd actually like to have as a 5r5 and 6r3.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    If u are a spender and plan to spend on the spring cleaning,it starts tomorrow and u will get better deals as a thronebreaker, have that in mind
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    BWDO is amazingly fun to play. I have her at r2, but when I get my skill t5cc I will not hesitate to take her up as my 4th r3
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    bwdo is really fun to play. sp2 does great damage too
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Honestly, go with Kingpin or BWDO, neither need to be awakened and both have beastly damage
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    I'd wait to see how sick black panther is. But if he isn't amazing, BWDO is comfortably worth the R3 for thronebreaker. That's what I did in November last year and I have no regrets.

Thronebreaker helps you rank up more R3s much faster.

Since that BWDO rankup, I can now actually already form a full 5 team of R3 6 stars
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    My suggestion is to wait until the black panther buff and if it doesn’t pan out, rank 3 kingpin. He’s still really good unawakened. The awakened ability makes really long fights go smoother but at r3 you’ll be finishing fights really quickly anyways.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I have an unawakened BWDO at rank 3 and use her everywhere. I’m really glad I took her up personally, no regrets about that. But as others have said you may want to wait and see what happens with black panther first, if you’re not a big fan of his buff when he gets it, I would definitely recommend widow as a r3.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Kingpin.
  • CdvaCdva Posts: 52
    I appreciate everyone’s input. I’m going to listen to my practical side and wait on the black panther buff. During that time I will continue to do research as to BWDO or king pin. Please feel free to continue to post your opinions