**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BWCV hits like an overcooked noodle....

Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 807 ★★★
edited March 2022 in General Discussion
I have seen this comment time and time again. "Claire would be great if she hit harder". "Offensively, BWCV is very underwhelming". "She has good utility but blah, blah, blah". One of my favorites in the game and if you don't like using her because she hits like a pillow......find something you can't get by and give her a try and chances are she's your best option.

https://youtu.be/y65IK7XpGbc
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    If you don't like her, don't use her. Their loss if they don't get it. I don't even run suicides and she's on my AQ team every time.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    She’s fine offensively. The hellfire sp2 does decent enough damage. For me personally, I think bwcv is overrated, just because she suffers from the doom/Elsa problem, where she is hyped up so much to the point she’s overrated.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

asuoa650 said:

Plus she destroys the cav eq better than any of the other champs.

Thats a big ol negative there. Doom is far better for one and Sorcerer is far better for the other
    Symbiote Supreme is the best for mystic cav eq. My 4* does better than my 5* claire
    Also not true. I have all 4 of Doom, Claire, Sym, and Sorcerer as R3 6*s. The two I mentioned are the fastest. They all work great for at least one of the 2 versions, but two of them are substantially faster
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 807 ★★★

asuoa650 said:

Plus she destroys the cav eq better than any of the other champs.

Thats a big ol negative there. Doom is far better for one and Sorcerer is far better for the other
    I 100% 3.2 specifically with claire and only claire... Don't have a high ranked doom, but if he was better for this months cav eq I'd love to see it
  • StarlordisWickedStarlordisWicked Posts: 295
    IF you run suicides then BWCV is significantly better than Doom and any other mystic. Run suicides and spam SP2 and you will be AMAZED. She can heal up to 40% in one lucky SP2. She is built for suicides.

BWCV, Ghost, Corvus, OR and Quake all on suicides with Warlock subbing in and out can conquer any cavalier questing in the game with ease.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 807 ★★★
    Edeuink said:

She’s fine offensively. The hellfire sp2 does decent enough damage. For me personally, I think bwcv is overrated, just because she suffers from the doom/Elsa problem, where she is hyped up so much to the point she’s overrated.

I see the opposite.....everywhere I turn she is getting **** on for not being Doom lol. Ya, well neither are 200 other champs.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    asuoa650 said:

She isn't going to have a knock out after an sp2 but I will gladly take all of her utility over high damage any day of the week. Plus she destroys the cav eq better than any of the other champs.

Yeah BWCV destroys both Mystic Cav Eqs. Only exception would be Magik on the resistor lane. That sp3 is so lit!
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    What I love about her is that you get to choose what you want to get out of her and the ability you want is available, not quite at will, but with very little effort and without complex rotations. Just takes a combo or two to get there.

She'd be absolutely perfect if she had a prefight ability that let you choose which curse you begin the fight with.
  • Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364

asuoa650 said:

She isn't going to have a knock out after an sp2 but I will gladly take all of her utility over high damage any day of the week. Plus she destroys the cav eq better than any of the other champs.

@asuoa650 Alright hol up right there. She is definitely NOT the best option.

https://youtu.be/ALkZfzQx6M4
    Bro the op literally finished the fight in less time than you did? I love my sym supreme but hes so niche compared to bwcv. There is hardly a debate she's the number 2, at at worst top 3 or 4 mystic in game.

Ive never seen so much hate on her in my life. If the champ is immune to bleed poison or incinerate shes gonna destroy them. If they are not she will still manage by spamming Sp 2
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Don't know if you know this but your video doesn't work @Wu_Bangerz23
    altavista said:

BWCV doesn't need to hit hard, since that isn't what a mystic champion is known for. Attacking in the Incinerate mode to whittle most of the defender's health down, before switching over to bleed mode to top off my health and KO, that is something no other mystic can do.

I find the other sorcerers (Symbiote, Sorcerer) to be worse than BWCV, since their kit is timer based. This means you don't have entire control of your champion.
    Both have to get to a third mode for the higher damage but BWCV can control when to enter it, when to exit out, and can opt for a different phase if enemy is incinerate immune. Contrast that with the SS, where you have to wait for a timer and have no control over how long to stay in that mode.

Also, Symbiote Supreme's stagger is RNG based, and is also outside of your control. Sure, BWCV loses a lot of nullify potential when facing non-immune/non-buff champions, but the Buff Immunity on SP2 bypasses many nodes that make nullifies and staggers fail.

Of course, this is largely personal preference, and timer based mechanics to have benefits (such as if there are evades/combo meter limits for BWCV being able to switch modes), but in general, I like having more control over my abilities.

Sorcerer's kit is timer based if you want it to be. If you don't, just throw a heavy to switch which also doesn't take needing to be able to land a full 5 hit combo to do like Claire's. I'm not going to get into a who's the "better" champ debate again bc I think the difference is so small outside immunities it's mostly irrelevant. Of the main 4 being mentioned here, Sym is the only one I think doesn't even belong in the discussion. He's amazing where he's good but incredibly tedious in most fights. Amazing but niche.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Cam97 said:

asuoa650 said:

Bro the op literally finished the fight in less time than you did? I love my sym supreme but hes so niche compared to bwcv. There is hardly a debate she's the number 2, at at worst top 3 or 4 mystic in game.

Ive never seen so much hate on her in my life. If the champ is immune to bleed poison or incinerate shes gonna destroy them. If they are not she will still manage by spamming Sp 2
    ????
    Hate?
    All that guy's trying to say is that Claire might not be the best option for cav eq.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Cam97 said:

asuoa650 said:

@Cam97 He quite literally didn’t even finish the damn fight lmao
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    It would’ve been around a minute had he finished the fight btw
  • Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364

Cam97 said:

asuoa650 said:

@Cam97 He quite literally didn’t even finish the damn fight lmao
    Im toasted. And wanted to call you out on your nasty smelly rear end and add a bakers dozen of insults but youre right im wrong and I like you by the way. Always can appreciate someone who knows there right and explains why instead of being in a physical confrontation words can solve problems .

You win.this round wish you.coul help with my cavs
  • asuoa650asuoa650 Posts: 57
    @Worknprogress, that's a great video and I know that her and doom are amazing champs. But, a rank 3 vs a 5/65, of course you are going to beast it in fewer hits and time.
    My point is, bwcv to me has much more utility than most mystics. Basic nullify on contact, suicide friendly, 3 different immunities, power control, and a heal. I enjoy sorc supreme and doom but to me bwcv is a monster in moat settings.
    asuoa650 said:

@Worknprogress, that's a great video and I know that her and doom are amazing champs. But, a rank 3 vs a 5/65, of course you are going to beast it in fewer hits and time.
    My point is, bwcv to me has much more utility than most mystics. Basic nullify on contact, suicide friendly, 3 different immunities, power control, and a heal. I enjoy sorc supreme and doom but to me bwcv is a monster in moat settings.

I never said Claire wasn't great. I just said that I have all of Claire, Sorcerer, Doom, and Sym as R3 6*s and for cav EQ Doom and Sorcerer have been the fastest...
This discussion has been closed.