**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why I think Magneto (House of X) is criminally underrated

Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 1,238 ★★★★
Ah yes, Magneto.

The other one, not the one that deals OHKO Sp3s.

Hardly anyone seems to remember that he exists, and I can't say I blame them. With a Beyond God Tier big bro, it's hard staying in the spotlight. I myself didn't really give him much thought except as a way to get guaranteed Parries.

All that changes when he's paired with his Synergies. So strap in, lads and lasses, and we're going to see why White Mags might actually be *almost* as good as his big bro once he brings some friends along for the ride.

First, the Synergy team: Mags (HoX), Prof X, Guardian. Optionally Colossus as well.
Magneto's Atonement lets him gain +8% attack rating, but when combined with Professor X it's potency increases by 25%, raising the Synergy to 10% damage. He also gains an additional 5% attack rating in a fight, so make that +15%.
Now, his Magnetism gives him AAR and decreases Power Rate on the opponent, but it also grants him an approximately 25% damage increase.
Next is the Synergy with Guardian, which lets Mags gain an extra Persistent Charge after winning a fight against #Villains, and also grants a 10% attack bonus against them as well.
Finally, Professor X's Drug M increases his Pre-fight Ability's potency by a flat 5% (in regular fights) or 15% (in Boss battles.)

Now, let's put it all together.

Against #Metal Champs: 15+25 (from Magnetism)+15 (from the Pre-fight)+5 (from Drug M)= 60% bonus attack rating.
Against #Villain Champs: 15+10 (from Guardian)+15 (from Pre-fight)+5 (from Drug M)= 45% bonus attack rating.

Still not convinced? How about his Specials? His Prowess lets him build upto atleast +105% Special damage from Heavies alone, and combined with Prof X's Birthright synergy that's raised to 205% increased Special damage. An additional base 10% Special attack rating as part of Mags' Mutation makes him deal a baseline of +215% Special attack damage. And that's excluding the extra Prowess you'll build from basic attacks.

ALSO also, the Pre-fight Ability mentioned in these calculations is based on a regular fight, not a BOSS BATTLE, WHICH RAISES PRE-FIGHT POTENCY TO 30%! That's an additional 10% attack rating!

Is he as good as Red Mags? Probably not. Is he a valuable addition to a team? Absolutely, as his abovementioned damage also accompanies his powerful utility. His Synergies also increase his range of attack, making him not only a counter to Metal Champs but also Villains, as getting back 2 Charges from fighting either lets him use his Pre-fight against them without worry.

I'd also talk about Metal Villains like Ghost and Doom and the combined effects of Magnetism and the Guardian Synergy, but I think I'll stop here for now.

Tl;dr- White Mags is amazing and can deal huge damage with very little effort.

Comments

• the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 347 ★★★
    Magneto House of X, gives you passive stun and guidance boost in attack. I think that alone is a very very good team synergy. Passive stun cannot be shrugged off. And he does a ton of damage on sp1 and sp2s.
    Obviously weaker than red mags but in no way is he under-rated. The true players know his worth.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    So bring synergies to be almost as good as another champ by themselves. Got it lol.

White mags isn't a scrub but if you're doing any kind of fight against metal and you have a choice between the 2 it should be obvious who you go with.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Wags is just as valuable to a team as Mags, have an R3 6* of each. Wags makes some hard AW fights a total joke with prefight.
  • I love my r2 white mags. Part of the reason why im so salty about the persistent charge bug, makes him unusable. White mags is a good champ in his own right and great with his prefight.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    While I do not own White mags higher than 3* I believe, this post has made me change my view of this champ a bit. Thank you
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Completely agree with OP.
    Wags is the base that I build each team around.

Even Seatin downgrades him because of Rags. Wagneto is easily God Tier.
  • DarkZenDarkZen Posts: 285
    ... Recently got him as a 6* star... without synergies... whats the best way to use him ?
    Short fight
    3 heavies, sp1

Medium fight
    same, then sp2 while armor break still up.

Long fight
    can’t decide if sp3 helps that much compared to using the 3 bars for another sp1/sp2 set.

Simple.
    Which I need for complex opponents and nodes.
    Duping helps a lot, because the armor break lasts a loooong time.

I got lucky and naturally duped my 6*
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    White Mags is amazing
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    White mags is...

not in my roster :(