**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stark Enhanced Spidey - Taunt [Not A Bug]

R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
edited October 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Recently I have noticed that taunt is not working. I noticed it in the arena and eventually tried it in other areas of the game and still couldn't get taunt to force the opponent to use their specials. In my current war I spent a majority of a fight reactivating taunt and trying to force the opponent to use the specials. It wasn't until some time after I lost taunt that the opponent would eventually use their special.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• jcruz2133jcruz2133 Posts: 152
    on a more serious note, what does taunt even do exactly? (:
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    jcruz2133 wrote: »
    on a more serious note, what does taunt even do exactly? (:
    Was there a comment made before that to give reasoning to "on a more serious note?"

Taunt is a debuff. It reduces the opponents attack by 40% and gives a 70% higher chance to make them use their special attacks. While it is 70%, which means it may not work, it has always worked more times than none. Lately not working at all.
  • MistsMists Posts: 19
    There could be an issue but you have to remember that it isn't a 100% chance.
    Mists wrote: »
    There could be an issue but you have to remember that it isn't a 100% chance.

Correct, and I pointed that out. But it hasn't worked at all in any fight and I use him regularly. In my last attempt I attempted 6 taunts in a single fight, to no prevail. While that one fight alone isn't enough to determine an issue, 6 attempts in 1 fight "might" suggest a flaw. But I based my opinion off numerous fights and 70% chance seeming more like 0%
    It could just be me. Hopefully another player who uses him will see this and point that out.
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Which champ where u fighting against?
  • CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Posts: 252
    edited October 2017
    Ill put this to rest. It works. This is me on my boys youtube page you just gotta bait them a little still https://youtu.be/8BolzpUVYVU
  • what does taunt do?
  • Jets44Jets44 Posts: 72
    I have a 5* Spark and I have not noticed this issue, it seems to work most of the time for me
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @R4GE. I did some checking into this for you, and it looks like Taunt is working fine at the moment. It's possible that this is just a bout of bad luck. Thanks for taking the time to check in on this!
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @R4GE. I did some checking into this for you, and it looks like Taunt is working fine at the moment. It's possible that this is just a bout of bad luck. Thanks for taking the time to check in on this!
    I should have given it another day of hitting more quests up. Not long after I posted this I had little issues. So like you said, just some bad luck on my end. Thanks for responding
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    there are a few situations that you'll notice it not wanting to proc, just be patient is all you can do.
    Mordo is one that is pretty obviously conflicted as to wanting to block and not wanting to throw, but it depends on positioning and your own character perhaps. This is just my observation. Others that do this at times seem to be evaders or power gainers as well. Im sure many more variables are involved as well but in the end I dont think it's broken.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    there are a few situations that you'll notice it not wanting to proc, just be patient is all you can do.
    Mordo is one that is pretty obviously conflicted as to wanting to block and not wanting to throw, but it depends on positioning and your own character perhaps. This is just my observation. Others that do this at times seem to be evaders or power gainers as well. Im sure many more variables are involved as well but in the end I dont think it's broken.

Wow...you found and resurrected a thread from October...
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Solswerd wrote: »

Wow...you found and resurrected a thread from October...

Must have 100 conjuration lol
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    Can we confirm that Taunt is not bugged and is supposed to cause your opponents to use specials? No other champ has this ability so I thought I'd ask to make sure.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

Remember, working as intended does indicate that a change to remove this ability is not coming. I call this the "Pigeon Effect".