**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Abyss path 3

Zan0Zan0 Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So I want to do Path 3 (havok path) in abyss soon and I just can't decide what team to bring.
I'm bringing ægon, torch and doom for sure but what to do with slot 4 and 5? Do I bring ronan and heimdall or should I pack a counter for luke cage and who should that champ replace?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 575 ★★★
    I did path 3 about a month ago. My team was Aegon, torch, stealth Spidey (for Luke cake), warlock (for havok), and sym supreme for the cosmics. That team worked out very good overall. Only trouble fight will be red skull, id just say power through with Aegon like I did. Maybe 10 revives to get through him
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    You will need a counter for Havoc in the first place.
    I've personally used Hulkbuster, works with 1 revive per fight. He also works pretty well against Karnak, but you have Aegon already.
    You can then bring either a counter for Luke cage (she-hulk), or Heimdall for the synergy. Or if you want to cheese red skull, ronan.
    Zan0 said:

I did path 3 about a month ago. My team was Aegon, torch, stealth Spidey (for Luke cake), warlock (for havok), and sym supreme for the cosmics. That team worked out very good overall. Only trouble fight will be red skull, id just say power through with Aegon like I did. Maybe 10 revives to get through him

You see I thought about bringing warlock but I've seen some videos that havok no longer detonates plasma so no need for a counter.
    Interesting. Think that was a bug that got fixed, but not sure. Warlock worked good anyway lol
    Zan0 said:

So this is the team. Just need 3 t4b for the r2 on she hulk.

Looks good! Good luck!
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    For whatever reason the first encounter of Havok I was doing half damage and taking some purify damage, but on the second encounter at 999 it was smooth sailing with full damage on my crits and no purify damage taken. The threshold is supposed to be 500 combo. And definitely Doom over SS for the Bishop cheese.
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    I used Aegon, Torch, Doom, Ronan and Heimdall. Ramp up Aegon on Darkhawk to deal with Luke Cage, Ronan cheeses RS, Aegon can handle Havok, not a lot of hard fights besides the first two
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    I used mags, aegon, doom, HT and ronan. used mags only for darkhawk so you could replace him with someone else if needed. Ramped up Aegon on Luke cage and got him to 600 combo, with that he was able to handle the havoks comfortably. cost around 3.8k units
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Aegon can take down Havok if he’s ramped up to 500, I believe. I used aegon in all my abyss havok fights. You don’t need a specific country for him
    MikeHock said:

Aegon can take down Havok if he’s ramped up to 500, I believe. I used aegon in all my abyss havok fights. You don’t need a specific country for him

That bug was fixed a couple of months ago. He no longer works that way
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

MikeHock said:

News to Me. I Don’t see anything about that in the changelog going back to last November. I fought havok Feb 26 or 27th of this year. When was that bug confirmed and announced as fixed?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

I've personally used Hulkbuster, works with 1 revive per fight. He also works pretty well against Karnak, but you have Aegon already.
    You can then bring either a counter for Luke cage (she-hulk), or Heimdall for the synergy. Or if you want to cheese red skull, ronan.

No you don't aegon works just fine, OP I reccomend you bring nick and mags, or one of them with heimdall. Ronan is great for redskull, but Im not a fan of using a champ for only one fight.
    Zan0 said:

MikeHock said:

I just went against him with a 450 combo ægon and got absolutely no detonates
    Hm, guess it might still be bug there.
    This wasn't the case with me or a couple of other posts I've saw in the last months.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

No you don't aegon works just fine, OP I reccomend you bring nick and mags, or one of them with heimdall. Ronan is great for redskull, but Im not a fan of using a champ for only one fight.
    Already made the mistake of bringing warlock instead of ronan or heimdall and just took down redskull with ægon and it took some revives but it was pretty easy. Thanks for the suggestion tho
    Ah alright, good luck with rest of your run.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    so my team .. Void, Claire, She Hulk, Falcon, G99 ... or Void, Sym Supreme, She Hulk, G99, Stealth Spidey.

thoughts?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

MikeHock said:

This wasn't the case with me or a couple of other posts I've saw in the last months.
    What's the bug? According to Aegon's abilities, I don't see anything broken.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

MikeHock said:

I was just trying to pay it forward because I recently was here asking the same question. I don't think it's detonation that is the issue. It's purify damage. My personal experience was that Aegon was receiving purify damage on the first Havok (at slightly under 500 for first fight, but then crossed the 500 threshold mid fight). However, for some reason.. even after 500, he kept taking the purify damage for rest of fight. However, the second encounter at 999 went very smooth without issue. That's just my personal experience from a few weeks ago. Apparently OP had no issue at 450. So that's good. And yeah, Heimdall can save a few resources here and there.
  • CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 275
    Zan0 said:

Happy I decided to do the Path now

When does that change go live
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Creeseaz said:

Zan0 said:

When does that change go live
    I think today
    Zan0 said:

It wouldn't have made a difference for you as you had warlock in your team anyways.
    Would have used him if did the path after bug fix.
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    I took aegon (5*), torch (5*), doom (r3 6*), red mags (r3 6*) and heimdall. Doom dealt with red skull in 2 revives for me so no need for an extra counter like ronan imo.

I just finished path 3 yesterday btw.