**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is 5* Cable worth a R4-R5 Mutant gem? For Apocalypse synergy, of course

Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips

I have 5 R5 5* Mutants and not desperate to take anyone else right now, but considering Cable simply due to how good he is with Apoc. Should I use the R4-R5 gem on him or on someone else? Just in case anyone says it, I have a 6* R2 Domino so not considering the 5* right now.

Is 5* Cable worth a R4-R5 Mutant gem? For Apocalypse synergy, of course 43 votes

Yes, use on Cable
55%
DrZolaTerraUnsilentAckbar67lIPowerIlKDSuperFlash10Reaper2823Wine_LoverDr_Z01dbergCage_1Amadeo01PricelessDiegog2000Charlie21540Dawnbringer_1Gr8TonyStarkTheBair123Celtic1981RiptideRaviDavi 24 votes
No, use on another champ (Professor X, Namor, etc)
44%
JadedLuciusVorenusKill_GreyMnguyen50EtjamaSarvanga1_IronGladiator22RenaxqqParam1988LovekBen_15455HoitadoScrubhanYodabolt21Wooptyfrickendoov38lone_DarkLord8470Mega_Robot_Manlegrind 19 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Prof X. Then worry about cable. He should be perfectly fine at r4 for the time being
  • DarkLord8470DarkLord8470 Posts: 105
    Cable is a fantastic champ, and very useful and powerful when a Horseman.....but, there are a few more mutants that rank slightly above him, especially Prof. X.

P.S. Psylocke as a Horseman is absolutely filthy, great champ to be considered afterwards.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Use on Prof X unless you run suicides
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Yes, use on Cable
    Can't go wrong with him/Namor (depends on sig level tho) or Prof X. All three are bangers.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Yes, use on Cable
    Yeah Cable's a beast
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Cable is useless without Apoc, So hard no from me.
  • Mega_Robot_ManMega_Robot_Man Posts: 58
    Jaded said:

I do not think cable is totally useless

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Yes, use on Cable
    Jaded said:

But he has an Apoc

Cable's a monster with the Apoc synergy
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

But he has an Apoc

Cable's a monster with the Apoc synergy
    Yeah but he’s absolutely useless without. So if Apoc is in war or aq then what? Cable sits and does nothing. Waste of r4-5 gem imo, I’d do professor X.

Btw, Apoc + aa is a great team for war attack. I wouldn’t use the third spot for another mutant. Other then questing you will not have space for Apoc + cable.
  • KennMcocKennMcoc Posts: 158
    Yes, use on Cable
    Depends which champ u like to use. For me I prefer use apocalypse more than Professor X. And whenever I bring apocalypse I will bring cable along. Previously I choose cable to r5 and Professor X still staying at r4. No regret at all. Cable is sick. He clear a lot of content for me and I bring him and apoc to aw sometimes

I used him as r5 unawaken for 2 months and today I’m happy he got awaken from basic pull.

• Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    I probably should have mentioned I run suicides and know Prof X isn't very suicide friendly. I don't know if that changes anyones answer, but y'all have given me a lot to think about. I know Cable for sure isn't worth it without Apoc, but I have most of my Mutant class already set so that's why I'm considering it. At the end of the day I don't NEED to rank up anyone else. Just wondering if Cable would be worth it. Thanks everyone!
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Cable is def worth it w Apoc synergy. But Professor X, and I’d add Emma Frost to the mix as well, are better all-around champs who are worth working through the learning curve. Professor X in particular if u have the Grand Master fight on ur radar at all. Emma’s a beast for the mutant chapter in the new Variant.
    limeade32 said:

Im jealous of those rank 5s btw.

Thanks. I have been a F2P player for about 5 years (until the other day with the doubloons offers, lol) and progression was rather slow until the past year. With the improvement to AQ rewards and Glory store, plus getting motivation to complete and explore content (Act 6, 7.1, Variant 6) when Thronebreaker became a thing, my roster has exploded in the past year. Went from 3 R5 5*s to 26 R5 5*s/R2 6*. Now I have 2 R3. If you play long enough and complete content, you may not get every champ you want, but you can build your roster for sure. Good luck to you!
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Yes, use on Cable
    Depends on your roster and mastery set up tbh, i run suicides and i use my R3 Cable a lot more than my prof x. He can finish fights really fast before he even gets 1 bar of power most of the time when heavy spamming so no need to throw specials.
  • legrindlegrind Posts: 81
    Daddy apoc
    legrind said:

Daddy apoc

He is already R5.