**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How necessary are suicides?

Sparx265Sparx265 Posts: 268
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I got suicides a couple months ago since I was running bwcv, cmm, and guilly 2099 in my general questing team. I was using AA and blade as well, but figured that since most of those champs are good with suicides I would get them. But just last week I turned them off for the first time in variant 7 to increase my survivability. And I like it so much better. I just like feeling less pressure to not throw specials and end fights quicker.

But here’s the thing. I just got a 6 star ghost and have been loving her and am planning to r2 her soon. Can I still get good value out of her even without suicides? And the same goes for bwcv, cmm, and guilly 2099.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I haven't run suicides since the willpower nerf. Been thinking of going back but I've never unlocked LC and don't want to burn the units now. Suicides are definitely not necessary though.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

No suicides here
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Sparx265 said:

I got suicides a couple months ago since I was running bwcv, cmm, and guilly 2099 in my general questing team. I was using AA and blade as well, but figured that since most of those champs are good with suicides I would get them. But just last week I turned them off for the first time in variant 7 to increase my survivability. And I like it so much better. I just like feeling less pressure to not throw specials and end fights quicker.

But here’s the thing. I just got a 6 star ghost and have been loving her and am planning to r2 her soon. Can I still get good value out of her even without suicides? And the same goes for bwcv, cmm, and guilly 2099.

If you aren't a big arena grinder the value of sides decreases a lot.. you are far less likely to be using a lot of your roster if they are dependant on using a lot of specials such as SunSpot or Prof X.. There are champs like the ones you mentioned who benefit greatly with sides.. however they are still good.. just not as good.. if you participate in war.. they aren't great to have active when placing defenders..

In my case I spend most of my time in game doing arena.. I don't participate in war.. champs like corvus/ghost.. or running nick with dpx are most common for any teams i use.. so i always have sides active.. I do take them off for some longer content.. but usually only after doing everything I can with sides first..

For your second question in regards to ghost.. she's fine without.. less damage of course.. but you don't need to worry about having hood on the team.. and if you run odin along with ant man/wasp (you could also add yellowjacket).. you won't see too big of an impact on her damage..
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    If you want to end things quicker especially in the Arena, they’re worth it but necessary.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Not necessary at all.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    It speeds up arena more than anything else
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Suicides served me well in AQ especially with Corvus.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    They make many fights quicker but not easier by any means. I don't use them at all.
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    https://youtu.be/IB39_ZzjPE8
    This is suicides rol 30 hits
  • miracle_mufflermiracle_muffler Posts: 153 ★★
    I have 3/3 in Recoil and 3/3 in LC (recently took DE off, as it was preventing me from using champs like Torch). I can say that I do think more during fights, as I have to limit SP1/SP2 to at most twice a fight (second being the fight ender), but champs with monster SPs, that do not actually rely on them, are just so fun to use. CGR, Corvus, CMM, Mags are all doing amazing stuff. Most of the fights with CGR end in 17 hits - Parry+Heavy+MLLLL+MLLLM+SP2 = dead. I recently pulled a 6* Doom, so 3 points in recoil suddenly do not seem that great, but for one champ I'm not going to change it, at least for now.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

They aren't at all. They don't necessarily add any ability to any champion.
    Just a damage increase here and there, at the cost of some survivability

That’s not really true. There’s plenty of ways where, via willpower, synergy, the champ’s lifesteal abilities or a combination, they increase survivability or add a heal.

I'd recommend watching 13 reasons why.

That’s not even remotely funny.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    They really aren’t that necessary. It just makes the fights a lot faster, but I feel you are limited in your champ selections and true rotations.

I enjoy the game without them.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Completely unnecessary. Unless you run arena it'll help you get more points. Or if you like fights to be faster.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,729 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    The opponent runs suicide. My champ is at max sig.

The opponent runs suicide.

What’s the point? A lot of people do
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,729 ★★★★★
    @Jaded said:

I did not realise the PI increase is so much.

@Jaded said:

I did not realise the PI increase is so much.
    I mean you are taking a full set of masteries into consideration when looking at power index rating per champ. There are legitimate guides out there to give the highest boosted PI rated per level of masteries. But yeah, suicides boost those numbers, but not as much as other masteries.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Suicides are not ever needed unless you doing Legends run or something. Me personally being at endgame and finished all content I have no reason not to run them but my roster is also extremely suicide friendly. And if you are having trouble losing health there’s always the nick fury and deadpool synergy to heal every fight when purifying the bleed. Then there’s hood for ghost, guili 2099 has he own regen in her kit, etc.
  • legrindlegrind Posts: 81
    They make arena much faster, which is the mode I spend 60 percent of my time of this game on. Saves a lot time.