**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why are variant rank up gems restricted to 2017 champs?

Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
Hey Kabam,

I just completed the latest variant (I've completed 2 tiles 100%) and I received a rank up gem which I was excited to use for my Man-Thing but I noticed it was only restricted for 2017 champs. Why is this the case? If this variant came out this year why is it restricted to the 2017 characters?

Can this be changed? Old champs are fun but it would be nice to be able to use these generic rank up gems on anyone.

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    It’s designed this way to encourage the use of older champs.
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    I assumed that too but it's weird that they're releasing new variant with older rank gems... As a generic, they should allow us to rank any champ within the assigned star level
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

I assumed that too but it's weird that they're releasing new variant with older rank gems... As a generic, they should allow us to rank any champ within the assigned star level

You realize Variants aren't really "new", right? They're old event quests from the early days of the game. That's why they give "old" rank up gems.

Personally, I think they should stop doing that, at least until they figure out a way to let us use those gems properly without having to contact the roulette game that is Kabam Support
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

You've gotten what you want them to do and what they should do confused
    That took a couple of reads to understand, use some punctuation man. :D
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

What punctuation do you think is needed?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

You realize Variants aren't really "new", right? They're old event quests from the early days of the game. That's why they give "old" rank up gems.

Personally, I think they should stop doing that, at least until they figure out a way to let us use those gems properly without having to contact the roulette game that is Kabam Support
    This. Other wise I would be fine with them.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

The only thing I can see is you could have put commas after "do" both times, but I don't see how it is in any way confusing as-is. How else would you read it?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

The only thing I can see is you could have put commas after "do" both times, but I don't see how it is in any way confusing as-is. How else would you read it?
    That's why I did not reply. There was nothing wrong with it. Just confused me a little the first time I read it.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

No need for commas, though italics on 'want' and 'should' would have helped imo
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Why are my 5* shards restricted to 5* crystals? I want to open 6 stars with them
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Why are my 5* shards restricted to 5* crystals? I want to open 6 stars with them

Reinstall the game to fix it.