**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will your approach to T5CC change?

IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
We've now seen T6B and T3A make their first appearance. Will you be changing your approach to how you use T5CC, given that Rank 4 6* require 2 T5CC.

Will your approach to T5CC change? 118 votes

Yes
13%
PalanthraxTheManMythLegendLuciusVorenusXxicylovexXChamp_ZnameplasIKONMiStaLovatio_espectroH3t3rA_NAZZan0Gr8TonyStarkValentinos13NOXETERNISDÉVIL7164 16 votes
No
86%
danielmathSnakeEyes69DrZolaBadroseBitterSteelMr_PlatypusHaji_SaabxNigzuffyKDoggg2017AzKicker316Buckylives2_0GatorSlam_MrvKnNojokejaymGmonkeyUnsilentWorknprogressSimbalakaPanchulon21Hilldar 102 votes

Comments

• Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 565 ★★★
    No
    Thronebreaker, but have only formed 1 ever
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    No
    Still building my 6*s. Only 1 R3 and don’t even find it actually necessary for the current content that we have as I don’t do T2/1 Wars.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Yes
    Saving my future science cats for torch to r4 him. Unless I pull a ihulk or ibom.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    No
    No,
    I did start transitioning over to 6*s about 5-6 months ago. I have 14 6* R3 in total.

It’s really to set the prestige race.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    No
    Pfff, I know I’ll easily have the cosmic T5CC to R4 the good cosmic champ I don’t have.

*cries in 2 1/3 Cosmic T5CC*
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    No
    Its still gonna be so long until the rest of us mere mortals manage to get enough t6b and t3a to rank 4 someone by that time t5cc will be pretty plentiful and not an issue

I’d rather rank someone up and use them now
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Saving them already sets a precedent and a lack of r3 ultimately. I won’t be saving them for a r4 till we see a massive influx of t5cc on the middle ground player reward structure.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    No
    Nope, still gonna keep r3ing my champs
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,110 ★★★★★
    No
    13 r3’s here and have no desire to even think about r4 material
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    No
    Im definitely r3ing my champs.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    No
    Don’t really care. We don’t need r3s aside from getting the title
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    No
    By the time R4 materials become widely available for a fresh R4, T5CC should be much more available imo. So nah.. not gonna change how I’m spending them.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    No

It’s so far away that it’s silly to think about now

^This.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Yes
    After thinking on it for a while, I think my approach will change slightly. I'll be more likely to hold a T5CC until I've formed 2 of a class if there's no champion I feel I really want to R3.

For example, Gulk and Massacre I was considering taking to R3. They still may be R3d, but I'll probably form a 2nd t5cc of each class before pulling the trigger. If on the other hand I pull a Nick Fury, he'd go straight to R3 without regard for catalyst stash.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    The upside to the introduction of r4 materials, is that r3 materials will start to come faster now. 👍
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    No
    6*s R4 are still pretty far to get.
    For progressing players like me, which have only few r3s, holding t5cc and not using them in order to store for future r4 rank ups, doesn’t seem as the best choice.
    Unless your r3 options are so bad, that you would hold the t5cc anyway.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    No
    Ebony_Naw said:

The upside to the introduction of r4 materials, is that r3 materials will start to come faster now. 👍

Im hoping that includes sig stones. If they're moving on to r4 materials, then hopefully they can remove sig stones from behind the pay wall.
    In all honesty they're not even really behind a paywall right now. They're just nonexistent. They've severely scaled back how often they even sell them let alone how many are available in content.
  • Options

Why 2 disagrees? Lol.. that's how the game has worked since it came out.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Im hoping that includes sig stones. If they're moving on to r4 materials, then hopefully they can remove sig stones from behind the pay wall.
    Probably not. It's another way of stretching out the 6* rarity. Which, I've seen many people ask for. By saying.. "Man.. they better not release 7*!!" "It's too early for r4!!" When 6* sigs become more easily attainable, that means 7* is around the corner. It's just how the game works.
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    No
    i dont even have 1
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    No
    The people who are actually affected by this kind of stuff are an extreme minority.

Kabam just tossed out these crumbs so they would be more invested in J4 spending. It might inject some enthusiasm into those bored '1% of 1%' players, but if r4s were actually introduced at the rate that content is evolving -- well, Kabam would just be giving players enough rope to hang themselves out of boredom.

I know it was said that """hard""" content was coming, but we don't have content that fully taxes 5r5s yet, lol.
  • Options
    A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Yes, but not because of t3a or t6b...but because I’m bored of waiting forever for the right champs and might just r3 some banter champs because why not. So my change would be stop holding t5cc and chuck it blindly...perhaps a r3 rank up roulette is on the way (no modok, not you again)