**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The State of MCOC

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I’ve been thinking about the state of MCOC recently, and I’ve come to the conclusion that MCOC is in a very dire place right now. December was the last exciting month in MCOC, where we got the gifting event, 7.1, Variant 6, holiday gifts, and the John Mulaney’s challenge. Now I understand that not every month is going to be that jam-packed, but January, February, and March of this year have been flat out dead. I’m not going to beat around the bush. There was no new content in any of those 3 months. The side quests were alright, and the new champions for the most part were extremely disappointing. Nothing to get hyped about. Then April came, and we got Variant 7. A step in the right direction. This piece of content was fun, but nothing to challenge any semi-skilled player.

The point I’m trying to make is that there is no content in the game right now that requires the power level that r3 6 stars offer. I think that this is a huge problem because players build up their r3 6 stars for content that can be done with lower level ranked champs. Now I understand if Kabam wanted to wait a few months after r3 6 stars were introduced, heck even a year, to create content or a challenge that was designed around r3 6 star champs. But it’s been approximately 1 year and a half. And we’ve yet to get any content that requires anywhere near the power level of 6 star rank 3 champions. This isn’t even the worst thing. With Spring Cleaning, we got the first ever 6 star rank 4 materials. There’s nothing to remotely challenge 6 star rank 3 champions, so why the 6 star rank 4 materials? What’s the point of building up our 6 star rosters if their increased power level serves no real purpose? Where is 7.2? Where is Summer of Pain? Where is the next piece of challenge content to really make people excited again?

Many players are in a state in which they have no content to do. They’ve finished all story content, and have done anywhere from 1-5 paths in the Abyss. 7.1 and the variants were obviously a walk in the park for them as well. Since Abyss, they’ve had nothing to do.

Alliance War you might say? “Alliance War challenges the top tier of players!” No it really doesn’t. AW has been stale for multiple seasons now, with death counts in top tier alliance wars being reduced to all-time lows. Big youtubers, as well as many community members on the forums and discord, have voiced their opinions on Alliance War and how it needs a lot of change. Alliance War is in a truly dire place right now. It’s boring, it’s the same thing every single season. The youtuber luhdemtaters made an incredible video about how he would change Alliance War, in which he showed that Alliance War Season 25 was titled “Coup de Grace'', a French word meaning “Culmination”. The final event in a series of events. This could’ve been an epic ending to the old, stale Alliance War, and an entrance to a new, revamped, exciting Alliance War. But, alas, no change has occurred. The new season is starting in a few days. The staleness will return once again, even worse at that. We’re soon going to hit 1 year since the roadmaps from last year, which promised a lot of changes to Alliance War, which have for the most part been unfulfilled. There has been very little change to Alliance War since the roadmaps back in June of 2020. It’s a dead game mode. On my point about the roadmaps, what happened to them? It’s been 6 months since the last roadmap and there’s been too many threads on the forums about how the game needs change, with no meaningful change. So many things have been promised, but we’ve got nothing to actually be excited about. No new content, no new awesome “hype” champions, alliance war is dead. Once again, the game is in a very dire state.

So I ask, where is the game going? There’s been no truly challenging content since the Abyss of Legends and Act 6, which were released over a year ago. What is the point of 6 star rank 3 champs, and heck even 6 star rank 4 champs, if there is nothing to challenge them? What are we building our rosters for? Where is all of this challenging content that we’ve been promised?

Actions speak louder than words.

Comments

• Philip63Philip63 Posts: 9
    Aired G
  • sir_gavin226sir_gavin226 Posts: 10
    aired G
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i completely agree. i always felt like there was something to progress onto in this game, and i feel like i don't really have anywhere to go
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    There are already enough "state of the game" threads out there, really
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★

Why don't you post this on every other "state of the game" thread then? Why does it always have to be my threads? Cmon man, I'm just getting my opinion out there. Just like every user on this forum is 100% in their right to voice their opinions.
    Living in his head rent free!
  • YYYYYYYMYSTICYYYYYYYMYSTIC Posts: 5

Davein said its fine
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

Why don't you post this on other "state of the game" thread then?
    Back at you. It's better than just create another discussion about it

and this is why I am in no rush to get stuff done

or rather I was in no rush but then I challenged someone to a race

or maybe its coz u suck
    :smiley:

nah you’re right
    nah im mostly joking lol, i suck too
    Can confirm.
    wow ok i see how it is

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I am fine with the game as it is right now. In no way do I think the game is in a "dire place", as you put it.

Most players are nowhere near your skill level or roster development.

Kabam has said they are working on harder content, so sit tight, no one owes you a damn thing.
  • NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★

or maybe its coz u suck

nah you’re right
    can also confirm
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Kabam has said they are working on harder content, so sit tight, no one owes you a damn thing.

Kabam promised Summer of Pain in June of 2020. It's nearly May of 2021. I don't need to say anything else. 🤷‍♂️

or maybe its coz u suck

nah you’re right
    can also confirm
    rouge.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    It just confuses me honestly. People build up their r3 6 star roster for what? And now we're getting r4 6 stars soon. Where's the content to challenge them? Where is the fabled Summer of Pain? Where is the game going?
This discussion has been closed.