**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The State of MCOC

2»

Comments

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

It just confuses me honestly. People build up their r3 6 star roster for what? And now we're getting r4 6 stars soon. Where's the content to challenge them? Where is the fabled Summer of Pain? Where is the game going?

I wouldn't necessarily say we're getting R4 6* soon, but the clock has definitely started.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

It just confuses me honestly. People build up their r3 6 star roster for what? And now we're getting r4 6 stars soon. Where's the content to challenge them? Where is the fabled Summer of Pain? Where is the game going?

i wouldn't say soon just yet. i mean it took a lot of dubloons to even get the offer, and it's not like it was a full catalyst. plus you need 3 t3a and 3 t6b to be able to r4 a 6*. but i do agree with you that we need something fun like mulaney's challenge where it's challenging but doesn't feel unnecessarily grueling
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

and this is why I am in no rush to get stuff done

or rather I was in no rush but then I challenged someone to a race

or maybe its coz u suck
    :smiley:

nah you’re right
    nah im mostly joking lol, i suck too
    can also confirm
    *6.3.6 Cap IW has entered*
    Anyway KD, I agree with this post very well written, this game has been pretty stale for a while for many players, we need something big soon.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Mmm I agree - Apocalypse is a dud
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

i wouldn't say soon just yet. i mean it took a lot of dubloons to even get the offer, and it's not like it was a full catalyst. plus you need 3 t3a and 3 t6b to be able to r4 a 6*. but i do agree with you that we need something fun like mulaney's challenge where it's challenging but doesn't feel unnecessarily grueling
    Considering we've gotten the first r4 materials in a PTW event, not in any challenging content, we're due to be able to r4 6 stars soon, whether that is by July 4th or Cyber Monday, with the latter being more likely.
    edited April 2021
    IKON said:

I wouldn't necessarily say we're getting R4 6* soon, but the clock has definitely started.
    I really do hope they don't come soon, but considering we've gotten r4 materials for the first time in a promotional event that isn't even one of the big two promotional events of the year, I have a strong feeling they'll be available by Cyber Monday.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Considering we've gotten the first r4 materials in a PTW event, not in any challenging content, we're due to be able to r4 6 stars soon, whether that is by July 4th or Cyber Monday, with the latter being more likely.
    i mean as much as a i want to agree with you, i just can't. we saw a glimpse of r4 cats the other day. nothing that kabam has said or done has pointed or hinted to the idea that we will be able to r4 6*s anytime soon. let's say that we do get 7.2 next month, and the rewards for completion and/or exploration include t3a or t6b. i don't see it being any more than one full catalyst of both. and let's keep in mind that you need 3 of each to rank up a 6*. then, let's say you can get 1 more of each for the july 4th deals. you would still need one more of each to rank up a 6*. if all of those things happen, earliest that i can see it is cyber monday, which is in about 7 months. i think it'll be at the end of act 7, but that's just me
  • DarkLord8470DarkLord8470 Posts: 105
    edited April 2021
    Chikel said:

Then there's the bugs. I've been playing mobile games since the era of Java phones and I've never seen a game as buggy as mcoc. It's impossible to play this game for an hour without experiencing a stupid bug

See I agree with this completely. As much as I agree and disagree with this, I would rather them fix all the bugs and current issues in the game first. Lagging in higher class fight and log out issues in arenas aren’t just happening to a few. I’ve checked my connection heck, I’ve even upgraded my internet, and still issues persist. With whoever said it before, not a lot of the players are at your skill level however I do understand I’m not too long there’s going to be a lot more like you. I would just rather the gameplay be pristine or close to as possible by the time we all get there.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

Chikel said:

Then there's the bugs. I've been playing mobile games since the era of Java phones and I've never seen a game as buggy as mcoc. It's impossible to play this game for an hour without experiencing a stupid bug

See I agree with this completely. As much as I agree and disagree with this, I would rather them fix all the bugs and current issues in the game first. Lagging in higher class fight and log out issues in arenas aren’t just happening to a few. I’ve checked my connection heck, I’ve even upgraded my internet, and still issues persist. With whoever said it before, not a lot of the players are at your skill level however I do understand I’m not too long there’s going to be a lot more like you. I would just rather the gameplay be pristine or close to as possible by the time we all get there.

It's impossible for them to fix all the bugs. Bugs will always exist regardless of what devs do. Every game has them and this game is far from the worst. Some of the biggest games companies in the world can't prevent bugs. Just look at EA. They've been in the business forever and still can't make a game without tons of issues and their new games are $70 just to play.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

and this is why I am in no rush to get stuff done

or rather I was in no rush but then I challenged someone to a race

or maybe its coz u suck
    :smiley:

nah you’re right
    nah im mostly joking lol, i suck too
    can also confirm
    *6.3.6 Cap IW has entered*
    💀

We need a new op champ.

6*'s R4 soon? No, not soon. We're probably not going to see them until 2022. There's zero chance you'll see them by the end of this year. We're only 5 months into 2021.

They told us that S.o.P wasn't going to be released because of how busy last summer was. Hopefully we'll see it this summer. Hope it's not too hard for you. Don't want to see another summoner Showdown incident.

I don't think the game is in a dire state. I also don't think you're one that can represent what it means to have R3's for content. You have 2 and barely that. 7.2 will be here either next month or July. They said they'll release them about 6 months apart. There weren't major issues during the beta so not a huge amount to go back and redo unless the boss fight was terrible. This game is going on it's 7th year and I've been here for all of them. We see these lull's from time to time. There's only so much that the devs can do at a time.

On top of all that, it's incredibly hard to make this community happy. I'd be reserved about releasing content given this communities reaction to everything that's ever been released. It's too hard and rewards aren't worth it. It's to easy and rewards aren't worth it. It's too boring and rewards aren't worth it. I don't know how Kabam can ever win honestly.
    As hard as it is to believe, @KDSuperFlash10 is breaker of thrones.
    Also the same person with all the "super accurate hot takes" and one of the biggest complainers resulting in the summoner Showdown nerf.
    Ugh the summoner showdown nerf I hated that nerf.

6*'s R4 soon? No, not soon. We're probably not going to see them until 2022. There's zero chance you'll see them by the end of this year. We're only 5 months into 2021.

They told us that S.o.P wasn't going to be released because of how busy last summer was. Hopefully we'll see it this summer. Hope it's not too hard for you. Don't want to see another summoner Showdown incident.

I don't think the game is in a dire state. I also don't think you're one that can represent what it means to have R3's for content. You have 2 and barely that. 7.2 will be here either next month or July. They said they'll release them about 6 months apart. There weren't major issues during the beta so not a huge amount to go back and redo unless the boss fight was terrible. This game is going on it's 7th year and I've been here for all of them. We see these lull's from time to time. There's only so much that the devs can do at a time.

On top of all that, it's incredibly hard to make this community happy. I'd be reserved about releasing content given this communities reaction to everything that's ever been released. It's too hard and rewards aren't worth it. It's to easy and rewards aren't worth it. It's too boring and rewards aren't worth it. I don't know how Kabam can ever win honestly.
    You don't know what tho do you? No one expected r4 materials during spring cleaning. You don't work for Kabam so you wouldn't know exactly what they're planning for r4 6 stars.

So SOP couldn't be released, fine. Then why didn't we get any challenging content from Summer of 2020 till now? It's nearly May 2021. It didn't have to be titled Summer of Pain, it could've been titled anything.

It's hard to make the community happy when no new, challenging content has been released for over a year. It's hard to make the community happy when all of 2021's champions bar one (if even) have generated any hype or use. It's hard to make the community happy when Alliance War has been unchanged and stale for far too long now.

Open your eyes up and stop being so narrow minded.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

You don't know what tho do you? No one expected r4 materials during spring cleaning. You don't work for Kabam so you wouldn't know exactly what they're planning for r4 6 stars.

So SOP couldn't be released, fine. Then why didn't we get any challenging content from Summer of 2020 till now? It's nearly May 2021. It didn't have to be titled Summer of Pain, it could've been titled anything.

It's hard to make the community happy when no new, challenging content has been released for over a year. It's hard to make the community happy when all of 2021's champions bar one (if even) have generated any hype or use. It's hard to make the community happy when Alliance War has been unchanged and stale for far too long now.

Open your eyes up and stop being so narrow minded.
    No, I don't work for Kabam. But you need 3 T6B and 3 T3A plus 2 T5cc and 5 T5B in order to take an R3 to R4. With the spring cleaning event, you only get a small fraction of what's needed to form a full cat. We weren't able to R3 anyone until 6.4 100%. I'm very much willing to bet you whatever you want that we don't see any R4's until after 7.4. I will bet that's it's at least a year off. We've had 6*'s for going on 3 years now right? Their progression curve is huge. They don't want to introduce 7*'s yet so they'll drag out 6* progression.

Content is planned out so if they didn't do it last summer, maybe they want to do it this summer instead. AW hasn't gone in changed. They updated the map and rewards within the past year. They've changed global nodes several times and continue to make global node adjustments. What makes AW "stale" is that one global becomes meta and we see the same defenders every war. 10 out 12 wars last season I fought Dragon Man on Hazzard shift on boss island. What they need to do is not let people pick global nodes and it's random every war. That's a start.
  • This thread has derailed into arguments and name calling. Closing this thread to prevent further issues.
This discussion has been closed.