**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Limbo immune

Apocalypse_810Apocalypse_810 Posts: 107
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Am I the only one that thinks there should be a limbo immune champ on this game? There's a fighter immune to every other debuff on this game, so why not that one? Anyone who has played act 5.2.4 knows my frustration. She literally beats me without touching me. Are you serious? Around 700 per tick of health taken every time she gets a bar of power. She's 2x harder than The Collector. How is that even reasonable? Smh

Comments

• ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Archangel makes her a joke, if you have him lol. No challenge at all.
  • Seems blade has some nice limbo defence skills. Not totally immune but still good and even better with his synergies
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    sorry for disagreeing....but I don't think there should be. there are ways around her limbo. and there are plenty of debuffs that they aren't immunes to....
    coldsnap
    degen
    shock (even though electro. nebula. storm and Thor should be)
    weakness
    armour break
    neurotoxin
    just to name a few....
    Mephisto is immune to Coldsnap.
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    Limbo is her ability, what you receive is energy damage. So I assume you are asking for a champ that is immune to energy damage.

A duped Mordo has very high energy resistance when he holds block. There is also the science mastery that increase energy resistance for any champ in that class but still no one is truly 100% energy resistant as an ability.

But I do agree to some extent. There are champs who can counter just about every other damage over time debuff, bleed, poison, incineration, cold snap etc... On the other hand her energy damage isn’t really applied through a debuff. It’s a tough one.

In my opinion Ultron should be immune to energy damage in all forms, not just energy based attacks. But an argument could be made against that as well.
  • Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 166
    Max pacify. Stun her just b4 she reaches sp. Limbo doesn't trigger most of the time
  • SlyCat42 wrote: »
    So, honestly... no. There shouldn't be. She isn't applying a debuff to you; like Mephisto she generates a damaging buff when she reaches bars of power or uses specials.

However, at this point they have created SOOOO many ways of dealing with Magik I don't know why anyone is still talking about her. She already had a couple of decent counters before the last champion releases, and then they just keep giving more ways to counter her. At this point I think they've created more characters aimed at countering Magik than anyone else.

All sorts of things affect her Limbo or can fight through it. Limbo is also her main and signature ability, and without it she is severely nerfed.

On top of that if you had a Limbo immune champion how much would it suck to pull that champion? So, great... part of their power budget is taken up countering one champion you may only fight a few times throughout all the quests in the game... and then be worse against everything else. If I pulled something like that I would be very frustrated. That's already the problem for several extremely niche characters like Loki, who is actually very strong, but only against buff stacking champions and kind of meh in the rest of the game.

She is easy but not with the addition of dumb nodes that makes her immune to debuffs and gives her 3k health every 7 seconds if you true using one. On top of what her limbo gives her back. Oh and 5k+ attack and a 20% increase chance of limbo. OP isn't even the word.
  • Born wrote: »
    Limbo is her ability, what you receive is energy damage. So I assume you are asking for a champ that is immune to energy damage.

A duped Mordo has very high energy resistance when he holds block. There is also the science mastery that increase energy resistance for any champ in that class but still no one is truly 100% energy resistant as an ability.

But I do agree to some extent. There are champs who can counter just about every other damage over time debuff, bleed, poison, incineration, cold snap etc... On the other hand her energy damage isn’t really applied through a debuff. It’s a tough one.

In my opinion Ultron should be immune to energy damage in all forms, not just energy based attacks. But an argument could be made against that as well.

I understand that and thats cool if she still has the health regen side of the ability that benefits her. I'm saying it should be someone that doesn't lose health because of it. You are indeed only getting hit with energy damage because of an ability as opposed to it being from a special. I just think no champ should kill you simply because they're getting they're ass kicked and getting energy.
  • No, limbo should not be nerfed or require limbo immune champ. There are different ways to overcome it like power burn or power lock.

Watch some videos, there is a way to avoid limbo if u have pacify mastery.
  • MayhoshMayhosh Posts: 17
    edited October 2017
    There are already two champs who is immune to limbo (almost).
    Put mephisto and dormmamu together. They have a synergy called demons. It gives both of them %80 energy resistance while taking damage over time. You can increase it by adding points to energy resistance in defense mastery tab for harder opponents (like lol, act 5...)
    For the 5th day of Aq (with starting prestige 5000) against 15-16k magik without any any master setup for energy, I barely feel her limbo.
    That's also works as well against electro.
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    yes you are the only one :d
  • No, limbo should not be nerfed or require limbo immune champ. There are different ways to overcome it like power burn or power lock.

You have uncollected badge and played her in act 5.2.4? Sounds like you haven't
  • Kenshio wrote: »
    yes you are the only one :d

Says the guy with the God of MCOC as his avatar that requires no skill to use. Hyperion makes everything easy. Just watched seatin kill dorm with only 500 health simply by spamming his special and evading Dorm's level 1. If you use him in act 5 I don't wanna hear your opinion about nothing lol
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Limbo should not scale with nodes.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Am I the only one that thinks there should be a limbo immune champ on this game? There's a fighter immune to every other debuff on this game, so why not that one? Anyone who has played act 5.2.4 knows my frustration. She literally beats me without touching me. Are you serious? Around 700 per tick of health taken every time she gets a bar of power. She's 2x harder than The Collector. How is that even reasonable? Smh

I got through 5.2.4 without any units, there are counters to magik that make her very easy, she is nothing like the collector whom even if you play perfectly against you will die. And btw hyperion is not a be all end all champion for everything in the game, yes he is super good but he actually is not good against magik at all so don't use that as an argument for your lack of skill against magik.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Let’s just have all champs counter abilities of other champs even though there are plenty of ways to stop abilities like limbo
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    edited October 2017
    No Limbo= Beating content with skill, and Kabam likes making us rely on our wallets rather than our skills lol
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Content is easily beaten with limbo. I took out the magik in act 5 without dying by using my magik. Limbo takes skill to play around
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    ...he actually is not good against magik...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ENktD0SBCiw
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Quake is great against Magik but you have to play her a certain way. Charge your heavies and parry/evade. You get a brief evade during your heavy to give you time to react when they attack (unlike Kamala Khan who gains furies while charging but ends up just getting clocked on the nose and losing the furies). Let Quake's aftershocks do damage and don't push Magik past her power bar threshold and you'll never get limboed if you're careful. It's very tricky and takes a lot of practice but once you start to get good at it she's very fun to play and provides a different fighting mechanic than just the same old combo-then-special attack, wash-rinse-repeat, all the time.
  • looks like somebody got destroyed coz of limbo :D:D:D
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I went thru 5.2.4 with no units? What do you want? A cookie?
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★

I got through 5.2.4 without any units, there are counters to magik that make her very easy, she is nothing like the collector whom even if you play perfectly against you will die. And btw hyperion is not a be all end all champion for everything in the game, yes he is super good but he actually is not good against magik at all so don't use that as an argument for your lack of skill against magik.

Lol i beat that OP magik from Act 5.2.4 with Hyperion and Black Widow. I Didnt have Archangel and Magik at the time
  • SkimbobborSkimbobbor Posts: 127
    @Kamikaze_Turtle actually mephisto is immune to coldsnap
  • Numan2_0 wrote: »
    looks like somebody got destroyed coz of limbo :D:D:D

I actually went around it. It's not a big deal, I just won't complete 5.2 100%
  • Apocalypse_810Apocalypse_810 Posts: 107
    edited October 2017
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    ...he actually is not good against magik...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ENktD0SBCiw

That's because you didn't do a heavy which gives you fury and then not engage in fighting, but instead use sp3 about 3 times. She would be dead otherwise. Hype is good against anyone if you do that method over and over.

I picked the exact path and killed her without losing much health. I used a particular champ but I am not gonna give away. Lol

My game name is same, check me on in game and go for my titles. I am not proud to be uncollected bcoz it was such a money grab, but the rest was pure skill and I loved it.