**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spideys Thoughts on 6.2 After an Initial Clear

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
So I recently cleared 6.2 (finally) and figured I’d do a little write up about it since I’m bored (and procrastinating my French work but shhh)

6.2.1 - Power’s Purpose - Lifecycle: This was really fun, actually. Was only my second experience with Lifecycle, and I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge the node brought. Took the Kamala Khan path, and it was fairly easy. Dormammu was fun enough once I remembered his degen was a thing, and the Symbiote Supreme boss was fun when he actually cooperated and threw his specials. Would love to go back and try and solo him with my Mr. Fantastic once I get him to a higher level. Overall, this individually gets an 8/10 from me. Enjoyable and a wonderful first quest in 6.2

6.2.2 - Severed - Backblast: I totally forgot about the global node on this one. Used Sym Supreme + Dragon Man for the path clear (mystic gate path) and never had to deal with the incinerates at all. So I guess it was good? Just felt like an Act 3 path with higher level health pools and Rage. The boss, on the hand, was one half a great challenge and one half an oh my god this node is the absolute worst I wish I had a better counter. Tried Dragon Man, and that worked for a bit but then he got a special 3 very very quickly after an accidental special 3. So I just quaked the last 80% of the fight and that was that.

My thumbs were definitely sore, but at least I got through it. I’m not going back until I’ve either Angela/Hela to pair with my Heimdall, or someone who is a counter in their own right. It’s not hard per se, just if you don’t have a counter you’re kinda screwed. Don’t get me wrong, the fight was fun for me, just to see how long I could hold out. Only needed one revive after my finger slipped and gave him a special one. Enjoyed the feeling of quaking most of it, but it’s not exactly something I wish to do 9 more times. Personal 6/10.

6.2.3 - Headstrong - Icarus: Once again, I totally ignored this global (minus the boss fight) and just quaked everything. Took the left unnoded path and danced my way to a boss fight I'm not exactly proud of. I have an irrational fear of fighting Omega Red. I see those spores go above 7 and have a miniature panic attack, and I cannot for the life of me tell you why. That said, Sentinel worked wonders for me on this fight. Unstoppable made heavies easier with limber, and just spammed special 2s. That being said, I still spent more revives on this fight than I’d like to admit. Just bad intercept/heavy timing and a terrible, terrible kamikaze strat. Overall it’s a 7/10. Nothing special, but nothing bad.

6.2.4 - Criminal Elements - Destructive Feedback: I have… mixed feelings about this chapter. The boss was pretty fun with Sentinel, but again used more revives than I’d be comfortable due to some silly little slip ups. But this global node, my god. I want to make clear that it’s not a bad node, not some cash grab or ridiculously stupid combo of things. But it is so. Ruddy. Annoying. Destructive Feedback is like doing a tabata workout, but instead of exercising for 20 seconds and then resting for 10 seconds, you’re exercising for 15 and putting on your best pair of intercepting socks for 10. I am not a fan of having to do this at all and find it so tedious. Sure, the damage goes through in one big burst, but one accidental parry instead of a dash back or a mistimed intercept and your health bar disappears faster than units on Fourth of July. Not the worst thing in existence, but not exactly something I’m a huge fan of either. 4/10.

6.2.5 - Mistrust - Do Not Go Gentle: DNGG is alright, I guess. Really just ignored it with Professor X and Quake. Side note, these paths look horrendous for exploration. Now for the main problem of this quest, the boss. I just used Quake-and-Bake to do this and it was incredibly easy. One revive used. That being said, Strength in Numbers is an absolutely stupid node. Why does this exist? Why? I know the common defense is just “well don’t die then” and while that is a good point, the fact is that you should still be able to complete a quest without all of your team being alive. Let’s say Champs A, B, C, and D are your path clearers and Champ E is your boss killer. A dies on the final fight of the path and B finishes the fight without problem. You then arrive and are ready to go at the boss, right? Nope! Instead you must revive A even if they’re not good for the boss, just so you don’t risk the chance your abilities fail and your fight gets screwed. I cannot think of any purpose of this node other than to make people buy revives even if they have a simple slip up. Personally it’s a 7/10, but SIN is a full on -5.

6.2.6 - Round Two - No Global Node: This took me for a ride. I definitely sunk over a thousand units into this guy because I’m a total scrub at this game. Sym Supreme + Dragon Man eventually got it done for me, but practice is the biggest part of this. Just practice and grind arena for units, and you’ll be set. The path I took (straight up the middle) is fine, unless the Hyperion is uncooperative in throwing specials. *glares* It’s a 7/10 from me again. I shiver thinking of what it was like pre-nerf.

So, all in all 6.2 was a mixed bag of an initial clear. Some good, some bad, and a whole lot of what the heck is this? thrown in for good measure. If you’ve been following up with my math, the average for it is a 6.5/10, or a D. But… there’s just something missing here. For comparison, 6.1 was full of interesting nodes that made me change my playstyle in a fun and unique way (for the most part). In 6.2, these nodes didn’t feel as fun or rewarding when getting around them for me. I understand what Kabam was trying to do here but it feels like they kinda just went, “What if we but X node and Y node together? Wouldn’t that be fun?” and hit the greater target but missed a lot of the fine points. I’m sure I’ll change my mind in 20 years when I do exploration, but for now it’s a 6/10 from me.

Feel free to yell at me about how I’m wrong and too much of a scrub to understand it’s true greatness below.

ваше здоровье,
Spidey

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Wow, you speak Russian? Awesome!
    Also, aren't you a little too late on doing a 6.2 review?

a) I speak Google translate 😉 French is my class
    b) just finished it a couple days ago so I fuUnited I’d voice my thoughts
    a) Oh, my bad lol
    b) Congrats, and I see you are flexing some of those French skills!
    c) 🖍 Crayon emoji
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

I’m on 6.2.6 Champion and I hate it (even though it’s easier then Mordo )I got him down to 34% in one go but that was super tough after because Medium attacks become unblockable so I have to intercept him (which I suck at doing). I think ima try and go for reviveless just because when I’m in the zone I’m IN THE ZONE and I can focus greatly

You can do it! I backdrafted and got about a 70% success rate with my sym
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

So I recently cleared 6.2 (finally) and figured I’d do a little write up about it since I’m bored (and procrastinating my French work but shhh)

ваше здоровье,
    Spidey

@SpideyFunko I was about to read your post, but I was procrastinating on a report I'm working on. Your first statement convicted me to get back to work so I'll have to read it later lol.

ваше здоровье,
    Spidey

@SpideyFunko I was about to read your post, but I was procrastinating on a report I'm working on. Your first statement convicted me to get back to work so I'll have to read it later lol.

Happy to help!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    About time, lol.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i mostly agree with this, but the only thing that i can say is that i'm probably thinking that in your completion run, you went into the quest and thought "What path can I use quake on?" In exploration, it's a million times harder. In some paths, there are only 1 or 2 counters, and if you don't have one, you're just stuck. While it might seem easy to do completion, exploration is where the flaws are exposed and you really suffer
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Nice.
    6.2.5 does look like a pain to explore the paths especially.
    I Quaked the Champion btw and all it took, was 8-10 revives, quitting just before the regen becomes too strong.
  • SpinnakerSpinnaker Posts: 271 ★★★
    Nice write-up but also ew did you quake 6.2.2 Mr. Sinister :neutral: that sounds like one heck of a fight
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Spinnaker said:

Nice write-up but also ew did you quake 6.2.2 Mr. Sinister :neutral: that sounds like one heck of a fight

It's long and all about perseverence (and praying that your device doesn't randomnly crash).
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 571 ★★★
    SWORD78 said:

I’m on 6.2.6 Champion and I hate it (even though it’s easier then Mordo )I got him down to 34% in one go but that was super tough after because Medium attacks become unblockable so I have to intercept him (which I suck at doing). I think ima try and go for reviveless just because when I’m in the zone I’m IN THE ZONE and I can focus greatly

You don't have to intercept him just go hit into his block then follow up with parry he will use an light attack up close.. The champion is super easy once you get the hang of it
  • PalistesPalistes Posts: 156 ★★
    Bien fait! Just completed this myself not long ago. It's refreshing to see posts that aren't either saying "Everything is too easy" or "Give us free stuff because the game is too hard."
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Congratz!

I didn't have to spend units on him, but he hurt my stash. A lot. All because I was too lazy to get my glasses. Nodes don't hurt people, people hurt themselves.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★

6.2.1 - Power’s Purpose - Lifecycle: This was really fun, actually. Was only my second experience with Lifecycle, and I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge the node brought. Took the Kamala Khan path, and it was fairly easy. Dormammu was fun enough once I remembered his degen was a thing, and the Symbiote Supreme boss was fun when he actually cooperated and threw his specials. Would love to go back and try and solo him with my Mr. Fantastic once I get him to a higher level. Overall, this individually gets an 8/10 from me. Enjoyable and a wonderful first quest in 6.2

6.2.2 - Severed - Backblast: I totally forgot about the global node on this one. Used Sym Supreme + Dragon Man for the path clear (mystic gate path) and never had to deal with the incinerates at all. So I guess it was good? Just felt like an Act 3 path with higher level health pools and Rage. The boss, on the hand, was one half a great challenge and one half an oh my god this node is the absolute worst I wish I had a better counter. Tried Dragon Man, and that worked for a bit but then he got a special 3 very very quickly after an accidental special 3. So I just quaked the last 80% of the fight and that was that.

My thumbs were definitely sore, but at least I got through it. I’m not going back until I’ve either Angela/Hela to pair with my Heimdall, or someone who is a counter in their own right. It’s not hard per se, just if you don’t have a counter you’re kinda screwed. Don’t get me wrong, the fight was fun for me, just to see how long I could hold out. Only needed one revive after my finger slipped and gave him a special one. Enjoyed the feeling of quaking most of it, but it’s not exactly something I wish to do 9 more times. Personal 6/10.

6.2.3 - Headstrong - Icarus: Once again, I totally ignored this global (minus the boss fight) and just quaked everything. Took the left unnoded path and danced my way to a boss fight I'm not exactly proud of. I have an irrational fear of fighting Omega Red. I see those spores go above 7 and have a miniature panic attack, and I cannot for the life of me tell you why. That said, Sentinel worked wonders for me on this fight. Unstoppable made heavies easier with limber, and just spammed special 2s. That being said, I still spent more revives on this fight than I’d like to admit. Just bad intercept/heavy timing and a terrible, terrible kamikaze strat. Overall it’s a 7/10. Nothing special, but nothing bad.

6.2.4 - Criminal Elements - Destructive Feedback: I have… mixed feelings about this chapter. The boss was pretty fun with Sentinel, but again used more revives than I’d be comfortable due to some silly little slip ups. But this global node, my god. I want to make clear that it’s not a bad node, not some cash grab or ridiculously stupid combo of things. But it is so. Ruddy. Annoying. Destructive Feedback is like doing a tabata workout, but instead of exercising for 20 seconds and then resting for 10 seconds, you’re exercising for 15 and putting on your best pair of intercepting socks for 10. I am not a fan of having to do this at all and find it so tedious. Sure, the damage goes through in one big burst, but one accidental parry instead of a dash back or a mistimed intercept and your health bar disappears faster than units on Fourth of July. Not the worst thing in existence, but not exactly something I’m a huge fan of either. 4/10.

6.2.5 - Mistrust - Do Not Go Gentle: DNGG is alright, I guess. Really just ignored it with Professor X and Quake. Side note, these paths look horrendous for exploration. Now for the main problem of this quest, the boss. I just used Quake-and-Bake to do this and it was incredibly easy. One revive used. That being said, Strength in Numbers is an absolutely stupid node. Why does this exist? Why? I know the common defense is just “well don’t die then” and while that is a good point, the fact is that you should still be able to complete a quest without all of your team being alive. Let’s say Champs A, B, C, and D are your path clearers and Champ E is your boss killer. A dies on the final fight of the path and B finishes the fight without problem. You then arrive and are ready to go at the boss, right? Nope! Instead you must revive A even if they’re not good for the boss, just so you don’t risk the chance your abilities fail and your fight gets screwed. I cannot think of any purpose of this node other than to make people buy revives even if they have a simple slip up. Personally it’s a 7/10, but SIN is a full on -5.

6.2.6 - Round Two - No Global Node: This took me for a ride. I definitely sunk over a thousand units into this guy because I’m a total scrub at this game. Sym Supreme + Dragon Man eventually got it done for me, but practice is the biggest part of this. Just practice and grind arena for units, and you’ll be set. The path I took (straight up the middle) is fine, unless the Hyperion is uncooperative in throwing specials. *glares* It’s a 7/10 from me again. I shiver thinking of what it was like pre-nerf.

So, all in all 6.2 was a mixed bag of an initial clear. Some good, some bad, and a whole lot of what the heck is this? thrown in for good measure. If you’ve been following up with my math, the average for it is a 6.5/10, or a D. But… there’s just something missing here. For comparison, 6.1 was full of interesting nodes that made me change my playstyle in a fun and unique way (for the most part). In 6.2, these nodes didn’t feel as fun or rewarding when getting around them for me. I understand what Kabam was trying to do here but it feels like they kinda just went, “What if we but X node and Y node together? Wouldn’t that be fun?” and hit the greater target but missed a lot of the fine points. I’m sure I’ll change my mind in 20 years when I do exploration, but for now it’s a 6/10 from me.

Feel free to yell at me about how I’m wrong and too much of a scrub to understand it’s true greatness below.

ваше здоровье,
    Spidey

Congrats bro good luck with 6.3.1
    damn he is catching up I have to defeat caiw quickly
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    Great write up! I would be interested to know if your thoughts would have changed if you didn’t have Quake. She’s a godsend for 6.2z

Honestly, I despise Do Not Go Gentle. It’s infuriatingly frequent and just messes with your playstyle in the most uninteresting way possible. Although maybe because I did it pre nerf when landing a parry still hurt like hell

On the other hand, I actually did quite like destructive feedback. It’s nowhere near my favourite but it provides a fair challenge I thought

Strength in numbers is stupid. I told them as much. Multiple times.

Anyways, glad you’ve got it done, and I enjoyed the write up. Now get going on 6.3.

Great write up! I would be interested to know if your thoughts would have changed if you didn’t have Quake. She’s a godsend for 6.2z

Honestly, I despise Do Not Go Gentle. It’s infuriatingly frequent and just messes with your playstyle in the most uninteresting way possible. Although maybe because I did it pre nerf when landing a parry still hurt like hell

On the other hand, I actually did quite like destructive feedback. It’s nowhere near my favourite but it provides a fair challenge I thought

Strength in numbers is stupid. I told them as much. Multiple times.

Anyways, glad you’ve got it done, and I enjoyed the write up. Now get going on 6.3.

Probably considering I would’ve had to use sentinel for sinister

As I said I didn’t notice it because my entire path as built around me using Professor X and building him up then using Quake for a few fights

I honestly prefer DNGG to Destructive Feedback from my experience so far

i mostly agree with this, but the only thing that i can say is that i'm probably thinking that in your completion run, you went into the quest and thought "What path can I use quake on?" In exploration, it's a million times harder. In some paths, there are only 1 or 2 counters, and if you don't have one, you're just stuck. While it might seem easy to do completion, exploration is where the flaws are exposed and you really suffer

actually I did less quaking than you’d think

6.2.1-Quaked Kamala, CMM, Dormammu, and the boss
    6.2.2-Quaked Annihilus and the boss. Had wayyyyyy too much with Dragon Man
    6.2.3-yeah okay I quaked this whole path including the Emma but not the boss
    6.2.4-Quaked half the path then switched because it was better with destructive feedback
    6.2.5-Quaked the boss and like 2 or 3 path fights, mainly used Prof X because heavies
    6.2.6-again I quaked the path minus Hyperion and of course the boss

but I honestly just looked for the easiest path with nodes that I personally didn’t find difficult so I just quoted accordingly I guess