**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spideys Thoughts on 6.2 After an Initial Clear

2»

Comments

• RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I really liked the (nerfed) version of The Champion. I took time to watch a run from someone else with Doom then did the same thing with an unduped version and it took 0 revives without having to use my backup champ CAIW.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,363 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

I... I like destructive feedback. 😐

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Nice write-up Spidey.

I just finished clearing 6.3, and the final boss there (CAIW) also has Destructive Feedback.
    So that's something to look forward to for you...

Hated it!

So many revives...

Also: here's a summary of the 'easy' paths for the rest of Act 6, if you want it (courtesy of MCOCNoob):

• Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Nice work.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

i mostly agree with this, but the only thing that i can say is that i'm probably thinking that in your completion run, you went into the quest and thought "What path can I use quake on?" In exploration, it's a million times harder. In some paths, there are only 1 or 2 counters, and if you don't have one, you're just stuck. While it might seem easy to do completion, exploration is where the flaws are exposed and you really suffer

actually I did less quaking than you’d think

6.2.1-Quaked Kamala, CMM, Dormammu, and the boss
    6.2.2-Quaked Annihilus and the boss. Had wayyyyyy too much with Dragon Man
    6.2.3-yeah okay I quaked this whole path including the Emma but not the boss
    6.2.4-Quaked half the path then switched because it was better with destructive feedback
    6.2.5-Quaked the boss and like 2 or 3 path fights, mainly used Prof X because heavies
    6.2.6-again I quaked the path minus Hyperion and of course the boss

but I honestly just looked for the easiest path with nodes that I personally didn’t find difficult so I just quoted accordingly I guess
    This is not what I call less quaking.
    well to be fair i thought he quaked every defender on the path, so by definition, it is LESS quaking. still a lot though. you'll find that for 6.3 there only one (at most) boss that you can quake. i don't think you can quake the 6.3.5 mysterio but i might be wrong
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

i mostly agree with this, but the only thing that i can say is that i'm probably thinking that in your completion run, you went into the quest and thought "What path can I use quake on?" In exploration, it's a million times harder. In some paths, there are only 1 or 2 counters, and if you don't have one, you're just stuck. While it might seem easy to do completion, exploration is where the flaws are exposed and you really suffer

6.2.4-Quaked half the path then switched because it was better with destructive feedback
    6.2.5-Quaked the boss and like 2 or 3 path fights, mainly used Prof X because heavies

but I honestly just looked for the easiest path with nodes that I personally didn’t find difficult so I just quoted accordingly I guess
    well to be fair i thought he quaked every defender on the path, so by definition, it is LESS quaking. still a lot though. you'll find that for 6.3 there only one (at most) boss that you can quake. i don't think you can quake the 6.3.5 mysterio but i might be wrong
    Mysterio can be quaked. Have to play normal in between and bait specials and then back to quaking. Not recommended though.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    nice writeup

6.2.5 is underrated, one of my favorite quests in the game (apart from SIN)

I'm also of the opinion that 6.2 is the best content ever created, I'm sure many will disagree, but it was my favorite ever chapter of story content
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

nice writeup

I'm also of the opinion that 6.2 is the best content ever created, I'm sure many will disagree, but it was my favorite ever chapter of story content

Without the excessive gating, maybe. On my initial clear I liked it.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,363 ★★★★★

Mysterio can be quaked. Have to play normal in between and bait specials and then back to quaking. Not recommended though.
    As long as you don't mind repeatedly dying due to poison, that's fine.

You can't reduce his Ability Accuracy, so as long as you're quaking, even without hitting you, he gets to inflict a hefty Poison debuff on you every 26 seconds.

Nick + Deadpool synergy will save you the first time, I suppose...
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

You can't reduce his Ability Accuracy, so as long as you're quaking, even without hitting you, he gets to inflict a hefty Poison debuff on you every 26 seconds.

Hence the special baiting

resets his charges
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★

Hence the special baiting

resets his charges
    Congrats on your 6.2 clear, although I think u have the wrong idea with your approach to destructive feedback, you don't need to do anything special, just hit on block every time destructive feedback shield is on and fight normally when it goes on cooldown, that's it really, I cleared the whole path with omega red, the fights were long because I don't run suicides but it was fun, for me atleast and the kingpin boss is by far the easiest in 6.2, just hit on block, bait sp1, punish and repeat, long but easy
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

nice writeup

Without the excessive gating, maybe. On my initial clear I liked it.
    I liked the gating, it made me use champions that I don't frequently use. I hope class/star gating returns at some point.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Firstly, congratulations to finally doing this. I challenged myself to do 6.4&7.1 before you post this (which I managed by not even 24 hrs).

Now, I am getting an impression that you put all your skill into Quaking and you look like a semi-noob at rest :wink: But since Quake solves 99% of the game, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just feel bad for the node designers whose work is in the bin because someone invented Quake :smiley:

Lastly, I really like that you haven't simply dissed the nodes and actually looked fresh at all of them.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Firstly, congratulations to finally doing this. I challenged myself to do 6.4&7.1 before you post this (which I managed by not even 24 hrs).

Now, I am getting an impression that you put all your skill into Quaking and you look like a semi-noob at rest :wink: But since Quake solves 99% of the game, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just feel bad for the node designers whose work is in the bin because someone invented Quake :smiley:

Lastly, I really like that you haven't simply dissed the nodes and actually looked fresh at all of them.

I’m okay at using sentinel, he’s not quake I guess

and yeah I decided to come at everything fresh