**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can’t talk in Global or Alliance Chat

Hey there summoners and hopefully Kabam employees. Not sure where to post this but the title says it all. Idk why I just logged in one day and could not talk to my alliance mates, global chat or anyone in my friends list. I’ve had this problem for well over a year and I would like to get it fixed. If anyone can point out insight to my problem that would be great. I don’t think I broke any guidelines since I never go on Global Chat and I’ve never been hostile to anyone in my Alliance or friends list.

Thank you.

Comments

• Kingabhi064Kingabhi064 Posts: 9
    Ya even me i type the message and when I send it my message does not go
  • Ya even me i type the message and when I send it my message does not go

Sometimes when you send a msg (into chat pane or private msg) it doesn’t show up that you sent one. But if you exit and re-enter game you then see that the msg really did go thru.

As for OP, yes it might be that you got a Ban from game chats. Maybe excessive censoring (even inadvertent, but things that might have got replaced by the ***** in msg too often maybe) that led to system applying a Ban ?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    99% it’s just lag causing it to not appear, it happens a lot, but you may have been chat banned
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Most likely perma chat ban if it’s been a year, the censors in this game are pretty broken, you’ll be surprised what it will ban you for and supposedly kabam has no control over it to lift them.
  • TrueHonorTrueHonor Posts: 4

Most likely perma chat ban if it’s been a year, the censors in this game are pretty broken, you’ll be surprised what it will ban you for and supposedly kabam has no control over it to lift them.

Wow that sucks, so if I wanted to joking the content creator program later down the road I wouldn’t be able to even do that?
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    You don't necessarily need to be offensive to receive a chat ban. If you are trying to recruit for your alliance and are spamming global repeatedly with your recruitment message, that can get you banned as well. I don't believe that Kabam has people monitoring all of the many global chats, but if people are reporting you for spam or being offensive they look into your chat history and make a decision based on that.
  • TrueHonorTrueHonor Posts: 4
    Solswerd said:

You don't necessarily need to be offensive to receive a chat ban. If you are trying to recruit for your alliance and are spamming global repeatedly with your recruitment message, that can get you banned as well. I don't believe that Kabam has people monitoring all of the many global chats, but if people are reporting you for spam or being offensive they look into your chat history and make a decision based on that.

Yeah idk, I’ve never tried to recruit for an alliance and I’ve never spammed because I hate people who spam so it’s just weird. I’m thinking that maybe my friends thought it would be funny to report me a bunch and then I just couldn’t talk.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    why would you want to talk in global?
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★

• Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★

why would you want to talk in global?

Global is the best part of this game
  • OmedennOmedenn Posts: 863 ★★★
    I wish more people would have this issue, global chat can be an ugly place
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    TrueHonor said:

Wow that sucks, so if I wanted to joking the content creator program later down the road I wouldn’t be able to even do that?
    I’m not sure if this would effect the content creator program but i would assume they wouldn’t decline you based on this, at least a normal person would not when the game it self has flaws, it’s not like you hacked or anything but it’s kabam so who knows.
  • A7madD1wA7madD1w Posts: 103
    there's no reason you would ever need to use in game chat anyways
  • gL4C1eRgL4C1eR Posts: 117
    I just chat on my alt as I'm also chat banned. I will say it's made me focus more on the game..
  • A7madD1wA7madD1w Posts: 103
    A7madD1w said:

for those who disagree, please elaborate
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    A7madD1w said:

A7madD1w said:

for those who disagree, please elaborate
    They wont. They just like the disagree button.
  • I apologize for the issues you are having. This may be a bug but it could possibly be a temporary or even a permanent chat ban. You will need to contact support so the support team can determine if it's an account specific issue. You can contact support in game by pressing the gear in the top left corner and hitting support. In the top right corner you will see Submit a request. I will be closing the post.
This discussion has been closed.