**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Answering why Hercules is the only Champion coming in from the vote last year

ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
So a lot of people have been bringing up more and more whenever a new Champion gets announced, "Why are we not getting any of the other people we voted on last year?" And the answer is because the rules said so from the beginning..

So anybody hoping for an Omega Sentinel or Okoye will have to wait until 2022.. Maybe.

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

Yeah this bugged me but I didn’t want to get into a discussion with somebody that didn’t bother reading how the pick-a-champ thing works

Problem is that nobody apparently read the rules and the topic keeps coming up on videos and Twitter and Instagram and all over these threads
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    R_jay0027 said:

Don't you think Jabari Panther is basically a version of what Okoye could have been? And that Silver Centurion is a version of what Ironheart could have been??

Nope because work started on those characters much before the champion vote.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    R_jay0027 said:

The_Sentry06
    My apologies I didn't realize you were part of the character design team. How long have Jabari and Silver been in the pipeline??

We know for a fact that they started working on them earlier because Hercules isn't released yet, and won't be released next month
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

R_jay0027 said:

Don't you think Jabari Panther is basically a version of what Okoye could have been? And that Silver Centurion is a version of what Ironheart could have been??

How long before release does a character start to be developed? Meaning if they decide to make “X” character today, how long before that character is released?
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

R_jay0027 said:

How long before release does a character start to be developed? Meaning if they decide to make “X” character today, how long before that character is released?
    The earliest still possible release date for Herc is June, so six months or more, since they started working on him in December
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

R_jay0027 said:

The earliest still possible release date for Herc is June, so six months or more, since they started working on him in December
    Ok, cool. Is that the normal timeline then? 6 months or so? So Ant-Man or Guillotine or whoever wins already exists, but it’ll be about 4-5 months for that to become final. Are they including new animations for the winner of that?

Thanks for that info. I forgot when the Hercules decision was announced the winner.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    R_jay0027 said:

Hahahaha. You dudes make laugh.

Um, what? Dude isn’t arguing with you, just stating the obvious. Had okoye or iron heart won the vote, jabari panther and centurion would still be released the same. Kabam doesn’t jaut design a character, detail them, animate them, and throw them into the game on the spot. They plan in advance.
  • Barani7daBarani7da Posts: 663 ★★
    R_jay0027 said:

Then what about
    Omega sentinel
    Morbius
    Blue marvel
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    R_jay0027 said:

ChaosMax1012
    I understand what is being stated.
    My point to the person that start the thread was that Jabari is quite similar to how an Okoye could have been designed not exactly the same.
    And what would Ironheart had been but another Iron man. What is silver centurion but another Iron man.
    So I never stated once that who those players were supposed to be. Just that those 2 Characters are similar to 2 of the champions being voted on.
    I am being told that isn't who they are, where all I stated was they we similar to what those characters could have been.
    The key word is what I have stated is similar. Not exact. I know English can tricky

I mean your tone is quite condescending and you started "laughing" when I said something correct. 99.9% of people apart from you would think that it means you are ignoring our points.

Raichu626 said:

R_jay0027 said:

Ok, cool. Is that the normal timeline then? 6 months or so? So Ant-Man or Guillotine or whoever wins already exists, but it’ll be about 4-5 months for that to become final. Are they including new animations for the winner of that?

Thanks for that info. I forgot when the Hercules decision was announced the winner.
    They're going to announce the winner in June and the plan is to have them be updated and released by October or November. And the reason why that's a shorter timeline than building a champ from scratch it's because the base template is already there it's just replacing animations and or mechanics that weren't previously available. But that still takes time to fine-tune so that it doesn't glitch out. And yes I'm aware that there have been Champions on release that were glitchy but you either want it fast or you want it good, you don't get to have it fast and good.

As to the other point you were stating about Okoye and Ironheart.. it's apparent that no matter who won the vote last November, they were always going to do and MROC crossover for April, so while there would've been similarities in both appearance and/or style, it still would've been different enough to keep them unique.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★

Ok, cool. Is that the normal timeline then? 6 months or so?

that is the normal timeline for a new champion, yes.