**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kingpins Prestige - resolution desired

The last thread was derailed by off topic discussion and was closed. The purpose of this thread to continue the community support of this issue until Kabam responds with a resolution. All opinions are welcome, please be respectful to each other so we can continue the dialogue about this topic.

Comments

• CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    The original thread mentioned support allows a 3 day window for any action to be taken on an account. It's this kind of policy that bugs me because it can be used as an excuse for inaction.

Not to take anything away from the OP's cause, but in reality, it could be in place for technical reasons. The most logical reason being that they lose audit information on what resources were consumed in order to get KP up to the sig level he is at. Adding sigs stones is different to a natural dupe in terms what would happen to reverse it. Also, when I'm reversing it, what am I giving you back, generics or class sigs? And how many sig levels are from dupes and how many are from stones? Do I need to reverse 20, 40... 100?

Now you might ask, why would they lose or delete this information? Well, there are quite literally millions of transactions going on per second. (Transaction means something happening between player devices and the servers... not purchases). Keeping the game performant might mean purging some of that information.

This is in part probably why when compensation comes to the player base, it is usually a representative amount for what was lost and never actually what was lost. Because they simpler no longer have that information and it is significantly easier to engineer blanket compensation.

Is this also a cause for a rank down ticket? I would suggest not, given that his abilities weren't changed. As much as prestige is a critical part of high tier AQ and I could see people doing rank ups for that purpose, it just doesn't fall into Kabam's historical "policy" (that word again) for what warrants rank down tickets.

Anyway, I digress. Kabam have made a mistake and it would seem fair to compensate the players affected. I do believe it would require a software resolution if it were rolled out to more than a handful of players. But what would that look like... if not rank down tickets, "de-sig" tickets?

A "de-sig" ticket in this instance might be reversing 10 sigs on KP (and KP only) and in return you get 10 skill sig stones. Even if you used generics... I just can't see them giving them back, they're too valuable.

The problem with this solution is, who do you give tickets to? Anyone that has sig levels on KP? What if they got there via natural dupe (assuming they no longer have this information anymore). How many tickets do you give each player?

The alternate, is address each player individually that lodges a support ticket. In which case, you're essentially taking the word of the player how many sigs they dumped into KP (assuming the information no longer exists on the servers).

In summary, I do think Kabam messed up. I do think players affected are entitled to something... but I also know things are generally not as simple as they might seem.

A final note. The "thanks for bringing this to our attention" response is also a nice backhand. I do feel that support and forum mods need to get a better handle on the game, much of the way they respond shows a clear lack of understanding what is important in the context of the game.

• LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    They made a mistake and they rectified it. So stop spamming the forum please! @Heheheh7777
    Wow... A mistake which they owned up and still people are blowing the issue out if proportion... They admitted their mistake and corrected jn spotlight. Still... Come on guys. Leave it now.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    #JusticeForHeheheh777. Just give heheheh his sig stones back Kabam
    Zan0 said:

LordPSN said:

Wow... A mistake which they owned up and still people are blowing the issue out if proportion... They admitted their mistake and corrected jn spotlight. Still... Come on guys. Leave it now.

DO NOT reply to this person. All he wants is to get this discussion closed down
    So this is what is is now? My way or Highway? Wow!! Democracy means that we have a fruitful discussion. "All he wants is to get this discussion closed down". Keyword: Discussion.
    Not statement, discussion!
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    LordPSN said:

Zan0 said:

LordPSN said:

DO NOT reply to this person. All he wants is to get this discussion closed down
    So this is what is is now? My way or Highway? Wow!! Democracy means that we have a fruitful discussion. "All he wants is to get this discussion closed down". Keyword: Discussion.
    Not statement, discussion!
    They didn’t give the sig stones back to the people, and those are really valuable and rare. Nothing was fixed.

LordPSN said:

I 100% agree with your statement and perspective. Could I ask for a moment of your time to consider this perspective and maybe offer your thoughts constructively to have a healthy discussion about those looking for further action on this matter?

I understand this won’t make sense to most summoners, it’s not braggy, not belittling, or intended to give you anything other than my perspective on why we want this thread to continue. Prestige doesn’t matter, who cares about prestige right? What’s 156 pts really over the course of time? Let’s narrow that rabbit hole a bit. Consider this: you have all the content in the game 100% completed, not only that but your roster gives you the flexibility to complete new content with little resistance over the first couple days of release. You’re in a top alliance for both AQ and AW by your choice, one you’ve helped build from the ground up.

Now priorities come in to play...free to play or cash to win, doesn’t matter, we are all gamers in a roster progression based game. It’s always a “what’s the next step, whats my next rankup, what do I need to focus on to progress our alliance or myself”. When you have an extreme endgame roster, personal progression lies in prestige, given that it’s important to the goals of your alliance. Consider that you 100% complete abyss over a year ago....and patiently saved those signature stones waiting for the right play since you had that roster flexibility. Personally, I had Thor rags (#1 prestige skill) already duped but was looking for another top option for a prestige play that was also a champ I enjoyed playing and was useful. Now, money spent aside, abyss is close to 40 hours of gameplay for 150 random sig stones so you can estimate 25 skill stones.

Excitement at the extreme endgame level is very limited. New content is too easy, war is too costly and stressful, roster progression just doesn’t make huge leaps like it does for progressing players or even low end game players. There are no “account changing” pulls or even “resource saving” pulls because roster progression has already vastly outgrown the content. Now we get to my perspective...careful manipulation and decisions with prestige is where we can get our enjoyment. We compete with each other at the alliance level with prestige. It’s some of the little fun we have left in regards to roster progression. That is why most would rather sit on signature stones (for over a year mind you) than use them on the #14 skill prestige champ that has no benefit from his signature ability at the added levels (80-146).

Now dial it back, we play this game because we have a lot of fun with it. It’s a great game. The game outside of the game is the comradeship of your alliance and the friends you make along the way. For most extreme endgamers that plays a huge role in why they continue playing. The game has its flaws but it’s fun to joke about and find them. My requests aren’t coming from a place of frustration at all. Simply just want to stay competitive with my friends and that what I enjoy about this game. It may not seem like a big deal, an it certainly isn’t to most as I’ve already stated but it sets my Enjoyment of the game back...probably 8-12 months in regards to the prestige race when I had already taken that time to carefully weigh my decision.

I understand your perspective. If you’d like to elaborate on the discussion constructively please continue but otherwise, you’ve been heard here and we appreciate the opinion.
    I have read your previous post in the entirety and have read above. I admit you are facing a problem.
    But... One of the mod have replied to you in your earlier post where they admitted their mistake. They are humans man. Not God, humans. Just a typo. They admitted.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Honestly it's a simple fix and one which they should be doing because they mislead players (unintentionally).
    When you're talking about end game resources relating to prestige it has a huge impact on players progress and ability to compete at the top level. Yes the number of players affected will be small but doesn't mean its not any less important that a fair resolution is reached.

Also saw the last thread and knew it was going to get closed because it was being intentionally derailed. Word of advice make use of the forums ignore feature and don't engage with individuals like that. They will just go away if not being engaged with.

Hopefully you get the right and fair resolution you deserve.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Watch it be like like 5 stones 😂
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★

They’ve already set the precedent that they can differentiate how a champion was enhanced with the Namor and Cull refunds. In addition, the buff was only 50 days ago so that’s the specific time frame of the request for reversal. It seems very reasonable and necessary to reverse any post buff signature stone or maybe more easily to correct his prestige in game to the advertised 13660. It’s also still wrong in the spotlight. They corrected it to 13500 and it’s actually 13504, which shows their care level and involvement in this matter isn’t where it should be.

I had a read through of the Namor and Cull refunds announcement. So barring a technical limitation (i.e. that they haven't changed the retention period on the audit information that tracks champion changes).... the 3 day window is just a policy for the sake of a policy.... which is even more frustrating.

Although I would bring your attention to this note in that announcement:
    Please note: This is not the de-facto compensation for any and all changes to Champions in the future. Any changes that necessitate Compensation plans will be handled on a case by case basis, and bug fixes are not considered the same as an intentional change. All Champion rank up decisions you make are made with the knowledge that rebalance changes can occur down the road, and if compensation is given it may differ.

I'm not saying you don't deserve compensation, I'm just saying that they've guarded against "precedent" by essentially saying "What we do here has no bearing on what we might do in the future".

I agree that rank up decisions at the top end of the game are made with the minutiae in mind. If the information were different, different decisions may well have been made.
This discussion has been closed.