**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I continue to be confused at the forum’s thought process

Comments

• No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

would you like some fries to go with your salt there people?

Love how it you’re voting for Ant-Man you’re either doing for Ghost, because he’s from the MCU, or you couldn’t be bothered to read the other abilities and think of their potential. Ridiculous.

Sorry, aren't those acceptable reasons?
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Love how it you’re voting for Ant-Man you’re either doing for Ghost, because he’s from the MCU, or you couldn’t be bothered to read the other abilities and think of their potential. Ridiculous.

Those are perfectly fine reasons. "potential" is subjective and everyone interprets "potential" differently.

I just want to use Ant-Man in some relevant content. He's an Avenger. He's the modern version of the Ant-Man I grew up with. I have little to no nostalgia with any of the other champs.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

No they are, just if you voted for Ant-God then a decent chunk of people automatically make one of those assumptions about you.

Then they use that to try and devalue and insult people. Like jesus, this is just a vote for a champion buff in game don’t get your panties in a twist over it
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    I voted for Ant-Man solely because he (and the community) has the most to benefit if he got a rework.

If I based it on the champ rarities that I already have, I would benefit more from other options.

I should have voted for the ones I have as duped 6*s, right? Like KK or AV? Still I voted for him.

Because he is a very old champ (which means a lot of people already have him) and, again, right now he only has two lines of abilities aside from his signature ability.

No_oneuk said:

No they are, just if you voted for Ant-God then a decent chunk of people automatically make one of those assumptions about you.

Then they use that to try and devalue and insult people. Like jesus, this is just a vote for a champion buff in game don’t get your panties in a twist over it
    Nobody should be upset over this voting process. Last time when Hulkbuster won I didn't vote for him. Now I want to rank 2 my 6 star!

Whoever gets buffed will be good for the game, along with every other buff. If we have a chance to steer that buff towards what a large portion of the community wants, let's do it. Not everyone will be happy, but this gives us a feeling that we had a say. In the end it doesn't matter who's buffed as long as somebody is.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

No_oneuk said:

I am so excited for when ant man’s buff gets revealed, because if he isn’t the absolute best champion in the game and makes Doom look like iron fist, we are gonna get such a funny tantrum on the forums by some people who don’t want ant man to be buffed.

“We toLD YoU sO, GeeloTeen 5EvEr”
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★

What great offensive abilities do you think AM will get? Or do you just want a crazy defender? All I see in him is them ramping up the glancing and throwing in some miss or evasion. I anticipate him being like YellowJacket: definitely better but still not amazing and a heck of a lot more annoying on defense. I’m curious because I can tell that it’s gonna be AM vs Guillotine, with it probably going to AM, but what do you hope to get out of it? The Ghost synergy won’t change on Ghost’s side, and idk how they are going to make him a worthwhile attacker.

I have no doubts in kabam’s creative ability, but I feel like it will be a stretch.

Can you guys give examples of potential abilities that would make sense? I’m not really against the concept of AM since I do love my Ghost, but I think there is a lot of false hope.

Exactly why I didn’t vote for him
    I can see Ant-Man being able to apply debuffs such as Sabotage and things like that. If they're not changing his animations then the sp2 leaves a lot to be desired because the animations have a significant reason for them. Debuffs that he can apply should include but not be limited to:

Taunt
    Sabotage
    Power Sting
    Poison
    Degeneration through some kind of quantum realm mechanic when he shrinks and grows (SP1 and SP3?).

IDK. I was under the impression the animations were changing but that was clarified earlier that they're not.

What great offensive abilities do you think AM will get? Or do you just want a crazy defender? All I see in him is them ramping up the glancing and throwing in some miss or evasion. I anticipate him being like YellowJacket: definitely better but still not amazing and a heck of a lot more annoying on defense. I’m curious because I can tell that it’s gonna be AM vs Guillotine, with it probably going to AM, but what do you hope to get out of it? The Ghost synergy won’t change on Ghost’s side, and idk how they are going to make him a worthwhile attacker.

I have no doubts in kabam’s creative ability, but I feel like it will be a stretch.

Can you guys give examples of potential abilities that would make sense? I’m not really against the concept of AM since I do love my Ghost, but I think there is a lot of false hope.

How do you know that antman won't be a good attacker from the buff?

Colossus before his buff had a grand total of 1 offensive ability "special attacks deal up to 130% increased damage based on armour". They have reworked him into one of the top attackers in the game.

Ant man is getting an overhaul, kabam can do anything they want with it. He could get pretty much any ability in the game
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Hieitaku said:

I voted for Ant-Man solely because he (and the community) has the most to benefit if he got a rework.

If I based it on the champ rarities that I already have, I would benefit more from other options.

I should have voted for the ones I have as duped 6*s, right? Like KK or AV? Still I voted for him.

Because he is a very old champ (which means a lot of people already have him) and, again, right now he only has two lines of abilities aside from his signature ability.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people are voting for based on who they have as a 6-star (understandable as they'd see immediate benefit,).
    Some people vote based on which specific champion's kit is most lackluster (Antman for example).

Some vote based on how it might benefit their questing team (Ghost users for example, would love to have Antman not isn't just there to provide a synergy but is usable).

Some vote based on how lackluster the overall class is (Agent Venom seems to get the call out just for being a Skill champion).

Some vote based on personal/historic affinity (Lot of Guillotine stans thinking about the regen reversal days).

There are probably a few other buckets I'm not thinking of. But from these 5 reasons, 2/5 are Antman reasons. So, even though everyone votes for different reasons, Antman likely has the most reasons.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Hieitaku said:

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people are voting for based on who they have as a 6-star (understandable as they'd see immediate benefit,).
    Some people vote based on which specific champion's kit is most lackluster (Antman for example).

Some vote based on how it might benefit their questing team (Ghost users for example, would love to have Antman not isn't just there to provide a synergy but is usable).

Some vote based on how lackluster the overall class is (Agent Venom seems to get the call out just for being a Skill champion).

Some vote based on personal/historic affinity (Lot of Guillotine stans thinking about the regen reversal days).

There are probably a few other buckets I'm not thinking of. But from these 5 reasons, 2/5 are Antman reasons. So, even though everyone votes for different reasons, Antman likely has the most reasons.
    Forgot to add that my personal preference is Guillotine. Invested a good amount of resources and an old variant rank 4 gem on her, even though I don't really use her outside of arena and lower difficulty EQ runs, which won't be the case anymore since it can be completed more reliably with autofight now.

The reason for my vote stands.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

No_oneuk said:

Haha so true
  • SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Posts: 216
    Lol bruh y’all forgot what an overhaul is huh? They can add and or take out old abilities to the champ. He’s getting a whole makeover which means he’ll be almost a new champ after his “overhaul”. I rarely use ghost with AM, I just feel he needs it the most cause abilities suck and he really has a lot of good potential.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Antman in his current state is absolutely pathetic, he is definitely the least playable out of the options given to us.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★

Colossus before his buff had a grand total of 1 offensive ability "special attacks deal up to 130% increased damage based on armour". They have reworked him into one of the top attackers in the game.

Ant man is getting an overhaul, kabam can do anything they want with it. He could get pretty much any ability in the game
    I don’t know. I just think that a Thor Jane foster buff would be a little more interesting. Just my opinion.
    I also have a 6* JF

I don’t know. I just think that a Thor Jane foster buff would be a little more interesting. Just my opinion.
    I also have a 6* JF
    They're getting pretty inventive with the abilities. Any buff will probably be interesting. Maybe not OP like awe all want, but interesting. DDHK is not bad, just complicated and not like the others. Magneto, Colossus, Falcon all hit it out of the park. Not all of them are going to be like that (although OG Iron Man - hint hint Kabam). We'll see who wins but I'll be excited for whoever it is, even if it's not who I voted for.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    When these polls come out do you really think that the winner is not already chosen? #conspiracyTheory lol
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I always think the older the champ the more likely they are to get voted because more people have them.
  • LinguettiLinguetti Posts: 9

OP is right.

Antman needs the buff the least because he's always had value. Synergy for labyrinth enrage timers before r5s were a thing. Synergy for Ghost. Even more value after Odin.

And he's a defender..so unless they scrap his defensive utility and make him an attacker he will probably get a defensive buff too. Have fun in war!

All other champ on the buff list have no notable synergies, and except for Agent Venom they all have no defensive use too, so any buff to them would make life easier for you too.

OP is definitely not correct here. The buff Ant lad would be getting is completely different than the type that say Yellowjacket got. A complete rework would let them fundamentally change how his character would work, not just change details through the infrastructure of his existing character kit.
  • Raichu626 said:

We had the exact same discussion about HB, and I'm pretty sure also about Colossus. Didn't turn out that bad as far as I can tell

Hb is a pain to fight.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    I voted for KK. I voted for her last time. She needs something new. Been on the shelf too long. Every once in a while people show something she can do, and people still don't use her. Lol.

Some people are extremely salty over this and that ruins the fun of such polls and votes.

It’s because everyone has to be right. There is no right answer because this is opinion poll. This isn’t high school yet some treat it as such.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    I voted for Guilly, simply because I wanted to. No other reason.

If Ant-Man wins, so be it. They all need an overhaul to be relevant in the current meta. I don't see the big deal.
    They all need it, I wouldn’t be upset at any of them winning. My vote is just that, my vote.

Some people are extremely salty over this and that ruins the fun of such polls and votes.

Yeah you get a salty section of the community who act really childish about others voting for reasons they don’t agree with.

Really reduces how fun these sorts of community events are. Shows the really toxic, immature side of the player base.
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    Typhoon said:

I voted for Guilly, simply because I wanted to. No other reason.

If Ant-Man wins, so be it. They all need an overhaul to be relevant in the current meta. I don't see the big deal.

More or less the same, I voted Guillotine because I'd like her to be better and I want to play her more than the other options. (I also like using Morningstar so synergy champ that is viable would be nice, but I also see that people want a placeholder champ to be good with Ant Man as he is in Quantum and Nick Fury teams)
    At the end of the day when Ant Man wins it is another champ that will hopefully be really good. Just disheartened to see people no matter what they are voting for being pretty toxic and petty.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I generally agree that AM needs it the most, but here is the thing: you won’t use resources on any of them if you have a big roster. Take Dragon Man for example: I have his 5* duped at r1 because I already have great robots and great cosmics. He is a great champ don’t get me wrong, but he doesn’t fill any holes in my roster, so he isn’t worth it to me. Guillotine and JF are the best characters currently without the buff, but the only reason you would take either up is for synergies or niche fights. Which in a lot of cases isn’t justifiable for a lot of players.

If you don’t use resources on someone, they are just as bad. Take Taskmaster and Ebony Maw. TM is miles ahead of EM objectively, but most people won’t level either, so for most people, they are equally bad because no one uses them extensively.

Again, I’m not against Ant Man, only the argument that he is the *correct* choice.

I do see the point with him being the most familiar and MCU related as big pulling points. That makes a lot of sense.

Yeah honestly it will turn out fine, but I don’t like the people that make up rules for why you SHOULD vote for one or the other

To restate: I am chill with antman, not the stans. I would be saying the same thing if someone else was winning by a lot (since I think all of them need it to be used in actual content)