**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who to rank up?

Barani7daBarani7da Posts: 663 ★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hey guys! I was confused about who to rank up? I had stuck in 5.3.1. also I got Ægon in spring cleaning. I having r4 doom and r3 human torch and HT is going to rank up very soon coz only tier 4 class catalyst is pending. They will definitely help me a lot.So u can tell who will help me a lot in future. Also u can give tips for 5.3.1.
Appreciation for the valuable tips.

Who to rank up? 20 votes

Old man Logan r2->3
5%
Reaper2823 1 vote
Emma Frost r1->2
35%
RockypantherxEtjamaOmedennScrubhanSmashingking13gL4C1eRDarksniper240 7 votes
Ægon r1->2
55%
AdvMentalboy1SpideyFunkorvcubingLpooGr8TonyStarkTheBair123Will3808tofuシDarkLord8470Pain_Heal 11 votes
Darkhawk r1->2
0%
Star-lord r1->2
5%
Killer354 1 vote

Comments

• Killer354Killer354 Posts: 130
    Star-lord r1->2
    Definitely not OML but the rest depends on who's duped?
  • rvcubingrvcubing Posts: 140
    Ægon r1->2
    well for 5.3.1 you need mystic champs to do normal damage, so i reccoment using mystics, each champter in 5.3 has a different class requirement
  • Barani7daBarani7da Posts: 663 ★★
    Killer354 said:

@Killer354 no one is duped I was in the hunt of skill and mystic awakening gem.
    Once I had skill awakening gem but I used it on gwenpool now I think I should not use that on gwenpool, I should waited for Ægon but it's my fault.
  • Killer354Killer354 Posts: 130
    Star-lord r1->2
    Barani7da said:

Killer354 said:

@Killer354 no one is duped I was in the hunt of skill and mystic awakening gem.
    Once I had skill awakening gem but I used it on gwenpool now I think I should not use that on gwenpool, I should waited for Ægon but it's my fault.
    In that case this might be a unpopular opinion but I say star-lord.
  • OmedennOmedenn Posts: 863 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Emma Frost r1->2
    Go for Emma Frost!
    She is a good champion and has some decent damage output + immunities in diamond form.
    She doesn't need the dupe at all and the other champs are all quite in need of a dupe and high sig level

If Aegon would be duped I would probably vote for him, but I would chose Emma every day over an undated Aegon
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
    Agree with @Omedenn . You really don't have much use for Aegon in 5.3.1.
    Emma frost along with the immunities can surely dish out a decent amount of damage too!

Emma frost along with the immunities can surely dish out a decent amount of damage too!

Omedenn said:

Go for Emma Frost!
    She is a good champion and has some decent damage output + immunities in diamond form.
    She doesn't need the dupe at all and the other champs are all quite in need of a dupe and high sig level

If Aegon would be duped I would probably vote for him, but I would chose Emma every day over an undated Aegon

@The_beast123 Is she is good for 5.3.1 to 6.1
    Also I don't know how to use her.
    Also sometimes she is out from diamond form that time she will get the buff by opponent then how to tackle it (I activated willpower mastery).
    edited April 2021
    Emma Frost r1->2
    Barani7da said:

Omedenn said:

Go for Emma Frost!

Also sometimes she is out from diamond form that time she will get the buff by opponent then how to tackle it (I activated willpower mastery).
    @Barani7da - as long as you make sure you have less power (in your powerbar) than your opponent you will be in diamond form! it is relatively easy to use her, just use a special to empty your power bar and go back in diamond form.

I definitely think that she will be helpful in your progression.
    @Omedenn or otherwise can I rank up of r2 to r3 of Elsa bloodstone, dr.octopus, doramammu,
    Or r1 to r2 sym supreme, magik, nova, the champion, ghost rider, Loki. Who is gonna good?
    Emma Frost r1->2
    are they all unawakened? @Barani7da

I personally like Elsa (duped 5* rank 5) and dr octopus (duped 6* rank 2), they don't need to be awakened and especially doc oc has some neat utilities such as heal and power block! (but you will need to play quite aggressively
    to reach it).

Magik is one of the most straightforward power control champs in my opinion, super easy! But as you also have dr doom it might not be really necessary to rank her up (if you have limited rank up recourses).

I still would go for Emma Frost, is a very decent champ!
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Emma Frost r1->2
    @Barani7da I slept on Emma for a bit then read the guide below and R4d my 5 star and she is probably one of my favorite champs. She is super tanky and has utility for days. Really good guide by Rockypantherx.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/230048/a-frost-in-the-hellfire-club-an-emma-frost-guide

Barani7da said:

Omedenn said:

Go for Emma Frost!

I can give you a lil idea about Emma Frost.
    Damage comes from the telepath form, along with the SP2.
    I'll suggest a few ways in which you can play her. I don't know much, but will try my best to give you a proper usage map. You could ask @Rockypantherx about Emma frost, I think he/she has a rank 3 Emma. He/she would surely know more than me and surely will be able to help you, I guess.

Method 1: Prioritizing special attacks for damage.
    Okay, firstly, we'd like to parry a lot before we cross the 1 bar of power. Why so? Because every time you parry, you get a prowess, increasing your special attack damage by 10%, max stacks being 5. And what makes it important to do it before getting one bar of power? As long as she get's to one bar of power, she's in Diamond form, and Prowess don't expire while in diamond form. (This idea could be totally wrong, yet I suggest this as we don't need to rely on RNG later).

Once we get close to a SP2, we bait the opponent's special and try getting 10 prowess. While in Telepath form, prowess last 7 seconds and you can generate one and refresh the ones you already have while you crit.
    With 10 prowess, the SP2 surely can do a lot of damage, which is increasing damage by 100% if we have 10 prowess.
    To make it more nice, Emma ignores all of opponent's armor during specials.

Method 2: Heavies for more damage.
    In this method, We take advantage of the fact that we have a lot of power gain, and the opponent doesn't while using heavies in Diamond form. It eventually pushes you to Sp3.
    Try to stack the prowess before using it, you'd anyways be in telepath form. Now, your opponent will have a debuff which reduces power gain and at the same timeusing heavies will give them so less power, you could simply spam Sp1 to finish of or probably go to a Sp2.
    For the synergies part, maybe you'd like to have a look for what you need. Most of them are just 'Nice to have' ones, nothing really needed to make her game breaking.

The professor X synergy to increase duration of prowess.... Maybe yes.... That could be good, since he also give increased special damage with that...
    Omedenn said:

are they all unawakened? @Barani7da

I personally like Elsa (duped 5* rank 5) and dr octopus (duped 6* rank 2), they don't need to be awakened and especially doc oc has some neat utilities such as heal and power block! (but you will need to play quite aggressively
    to reach it).

Magik is one of the most straightforward power control champs in my opinion, super easy! But as you also have dr doom it might not be really necessary to rank her up (if you have limited rank up recourses).

I still would go for Emma Frost, is a very decent champ!

@Omedenn no, except gwenpool and human torch, others all unawaken