**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MF prestige?

DoubleDeltaDoubleDelta Posts: 2,478 ★★★★

Hoping it's just a typo, any input on if the prestige is actually dropping? Or I'd there's any changes?

Comments

• yeah pretty annoyed by this. I want to take him up and there should be no reason to drop his prestige.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    the majority of the times, champs get a prestige boost so i'm hoping it's just one of those things because Mister F is one of my fav champs
    i noticed his debuff strength has decreased per debuff from 40% to 35% and 25% to 22%
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Not every Champ is going to have the highest Prestige after a rework.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    edited April 2021

i noticed his debuff strength has decreased per debuff from 40% to 35% and 25% to 22%

what? I thought it was a value update not downgrade. I guess it makes sense because of more persistent charges but still
  • Not every Champ is going to have the highest Prestige after a rework.

no champ gets a prestige downgrade after a "buff:

Apparently they do. That's why it's called a rebalance.

It isnt a rebalance, it is a buff. You just made that term up for it right now.
    Therein lies the problem that people have. It's commonly called a buff but it is in fact a rework. Also known as a rebalance. There are smaller and larger reworks, but they both involve rebalancing. Not just adding things. What you do on one side has to take into consideration the overall. Sometimes things will be decreased to balance the final product.
  • igheidigheid Posts: 16

You are comparing 5 stars numbers with 6 stars
    igheid said:

You are comparing 5 stars numbers with 6 stars
    LOL oh ... delay my last then ... thanks mate!!
    Pulyaman said:

Therein lies the problem that people have. It's commonly called a buff but it is in fact a rework. Also known as a rebalance. There are smaller and larger reworks, but they both involve rebalancing. Not just adding things. What you do on one side has to take into consideration the overall. Sometimes things will be decreased to balance the final product.
    Sigh. Mr.F got what the devs call a value only update. His prestige is bugged. Kam confirmed it in his video. This is not the first mistake Kabam made regarding prestige. Please stop derailing the thread, especially since the OP asked if it was correct and did not say it was a bug.
    I'm not derailing anything. I'm dispelling the misconception that these things only involve additives and not decreases. When balancing them, some values can go down.
    Do people always only hear what they want to hear? Lol. Okay then. As you were.
    Lol. You're a few years too late on that one bud. If people are thrown off everytime they see a number go down, I'm going to try and explain the process, but if it's an argument for no reason then I'm happy letting them figure it out on their own.
  • ShepShep Posts: 142
    You know what Thomas, Duke of Norfolk says.... Can't have your cake and eat it too.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Sigh. Mr.F got what the devs call a value only update. His prestige is bugged. Kam confirmed it in his video. This is not the first mistake Kabam made regarding prestige. Please stop derailing the thread, especially since the OP asked if it was correct and did not say it was a bug.
    I'm not derailing anything. I'm dispelling the misconception that these things only involve additives and not decreases. When balancing them, some values can go down.
    You are simply making generalized statements. Usually value only don't affect prestige because there is no reason to. Overhauls and moderate updates involve prestige corrections. Black panther and vulture are those corrections. Even they are not correct since vultures prestige is shown to be lower than the original one. We don't have a case of prestige going down till now, only up after a rework since all the champs reworked have pretty garbage prestige.
  • RichardSlugbergRichardSlugberg Posts: 81 ★★

Hoping it's just a typo, any input on if the prestige is actually dropping? Or I'd there's any changes?

I trust Auntmai more than I trust Kabam at this point.

While the AuntMai data is not official by any means, the game in *most* areas will show you a champion's prestige with only four digits, so over 10k in your roster you'll see 13660 listed, but the game will still calculate your prestige from 13665.

I take pains to try to match the game as much as possible, this area seemed one where the extra accuracy might cause confusion but seemed worth it as the more accurate number is used for player prestige, and there are ways to see that accurate number and it's effects.

Sometimes a formatting error will cause the intended display value of 13660 to be formatted to 13659 - again it's still 13665 where it counts.
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★

It's 5 points. Does it really matter?

When prestige hunting, every point matters, yeah its not much but considering those extra few points could put him into your top 5, or remove him
    Prestige doesn't really matter unless ur in the top allies so he's definitely right. this is probably a mistake regardless, but a 5 point drop is basically irrelevant