**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Namor still worth it?

JBC89JBC89 Posts: 75
I am just wondering because I want to take mine to r5.

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Depends on your roster.

If you have Omega or Gambit ranked up, then probably not.

To the people who disagreed with reason, I didn't say that he is bad, he's pretty good and definitely an above-average champion. It's just that the unique thing that Namor brings is his sig ability. If Omega or Gambit was already ranked up and OP is a progressing player or something, ranking up Namor will probably not bring anything new to the table.

If it's for fun, the definitely rank him up.
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215

Depends on your roster.

I have all three of these guys and still use Namor the most. Mainly for AQ however and yes they are all maxed out except for Gambit who is a 6* r2.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I've talked to a lot of people who have him @ 5r5s200 and never use him outside of very rare circumstances.

Still a great damage champ that does well with suicides. Still has the best utility (@sig200) in his utility category. Still has great prestige.

That said, I have Namor, an AG, 199+ sigs, and run suicides, but I'm waiting on Omega. It all depends on what ya' need.
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 619 ★★★
    If you can sig 200 namor, then yeah he's worth it. If not, then you can probably use other mutants to deliver the same amount of damage. Namor is kinda like a ramp up champ like magneto, but once you get outrages up, he's a beast. If you don't have other strong mutants, then I would rank him up even without sig 200. And, for me, I prefer namor to omega red, just because I don't run suicides and for matches where you get damage reflected, namor is better cause with omega, you have to stick to medium combos while namor you can play normally at sig 200. To each their own choice. You just have to figure out your roster needs.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Worth it if sig 200 otherwise not.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    He's a bench rider... until you need him. I'm very pro ranking champs with extremely unique utility, Namor is going to have the best damage reflect in the game, he's worth it.
    JBC89 said:

I mean I see everyone is saying OR is better, but I barely use him, he is sitting at r5 sig 200, i run suicides but i cant find him a spot on my team, the only times i use him is for the biohazard nodes, and act 7 does not has any biohazard lane.

Each to their own I guess.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Yes he’s still worth it, his signature ability is one of the best in the game and he has massive damage. People like to argue there are better champs or he is niche. It doesn’t matter, I use him regularly and I have a deep developed roster.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Ramp up was nerfed but hes only used for his signature ability now either way and for that reason worth ranking
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Good damage, tedious ramp up, amazing thorns counter, and good prestige. Im just a nerd and dont need him ranked up but plan to since he is a really cool champion
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Namor did many paths in 7.1 for me

Still worth it
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I’m lucky (or dumb) enough to have most of the niche counters I need as 5* at R5.

For me Namor falls into that category. There are alternatives—the game tends to revolve around creating matchups that require a specific handful of champs for this or that lane—but I consider him the best at what he does (akin to Ghulk, or Sym Supreme).

If you don’t need or aren’t able to afford a niche counter champ who requires max sig and/or you don’t plan to use him generally as an attacker, I don’t think it’s a wise rankup. If you have the resources and/or need his special ability, rank him up.

Dr. Zola
  • RekMan said:

He's good for 7.1 rhino so I wish I had him. Not looking forward to grinding through that fight with my rank 3 wasp.

just use falcon. Very straightforward.
  • Namor is still worth it. He is like gulk/ronan. He isnt used too much, but when he is useful, he is the BEST option there. Always worth imo. Plus prestige.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    He needs max sig. When he has it, he can cover some bs nodes. I took mine not duped 6* to r2, when I had some t5b expiring, mostly for mut cav eq. He's nice, but not really game changing
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    Most of the community don't know how to use him (2 sp3 furry with 15 outrage & 2 bar of power) and that's why they said he had tedious ramp up... Why you think he is outdated?
    He can easily demolish 300k health pool with only 2 bars of power and 15 outrage, WITHOUT SUICIDES (very short ramp up, isn't it), top prestige and unique utility from max sig, cool animation (what else you want in single champ?)

People are saying Omega red is better.. maybe, but he needs max sig with Suicides or biohazard type matchup for damage and his utility is restricted to use medium attacks to bypass thorn damage.. I have R5 sig 140 Omega red and I don't use Suicides, he takes forever to complete a standard act6 matchup (300k health pools).. I took him to r5 only for synergy (colossus)
    JBC89 said:

Depends on your roster.

To the people who disagreed with reason, I didn't say that he is bad, he's pretty good and definitely an above-average champion. It's just that the unique thing that Namor brings is his sig ability. If Omega or Gambit was already ranked up and OP is a progressing player or something, ranking up Namor will probably not bring anything new to the table.

If it's for fun, the definitely rank him up.
    Only Gambit is a better option for progressing player because he doesn't need investment for utility or damage
    But I think he doesn't have too good types damage output as compare to namor or Omega.. I have 6* r1 but I haven't tested him yet
    AGYAAT said:

Most of the community don't know how to use him (2 sp3 furry with 15 outrage & 2 bar of power) and that's why they said he had tedious ramp up... Why you think he is outdated?
    He can easily demolish 300k health pool with only 2 bars of power and 15 outrage, WITHOUT SUICIDES (very short ramp up, isn't it), top prestige and unique utility from max sig, cool animation (what else you want in single champ?)

People are saying Omega red is better.. maybe, but he needs max sig with Suicides or biohazard type matchup for damage and his utility is restricted to use medium attacks to bypass thorn damage.. I have R5 sig 140 Omega red and I don't use Suicides, he takes forever to complete a standard act6 matchup (300k health pools).. I took him to r5 only for synergy (colossus)

JBC89 said:

Omega Red IS better than Namor. He objectively has more utility than him and way more uses than what you described. His damage is good enough without suicides or biohazard type matchup.

-Only use mediums literally doesn't matter. Most of his damage comes from passive degen and normal degen. Heavy attacks count for this too. Plus, unlike Namor, sig 200 doesn't make or break his utility

-His regen is off the charts

-His damage is amazing without suicides or biohazard

-His multiple ways of dealing damage bypasses so many nodes. Additionally, no one's immune to his degen save for robots and there are only 10 of them in-game iirc.

- He's practically double-immune

-He reduces the AA of tenacity and debuff shrug-off of the opponent

-His playstyle is extremely versatile so not many nodes limit him.

This is just some of the general utility he has.

AGYAAT said:

JBC89 said:

Omega Red IS better than Namor. He objectively has more utility than him and way more uses than what you described. His damage is good enough without suicides or biohazard type matchup.

-Only use mediums literally doesn't matter. Most of his damage comes from passive degen and normal degen. Heavy attacks count for this too. Plus, unlike Namor, sig 200 doesn't make or break his utility

-His regen is off the charts

-His damage is amazing without suicides or biohazard

-His multiple ways of dealing damage bypasses so many nodes. Additionally, no one's immune to his degen save for robots and there are only 10 of them in-game iirc.

- He's practically double-immune

-He reduces the AA of tenacity and debuff shrug-off of the opponent

-His playstyle is extremely versatile so not many nodes limit him.

This is just some of the general utility he has.
    Good damage without suicides, extremely versatile playstyle...hmm..(😂)

He has double immunity that's the biggest advantage and I only took him to r5 for immunity (specially for biohazard type matchup) and synergies because I have better champs for double immunity who has much better damage for non Suicides rosters (g2099, ghost, dragon man, warlock)
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Yeah, he’s a solid champ, but really only useful when you need his sig. In my opinion, everyone needs a max sig Namor in their roster
    Namor (no Suicides no synergy) can beat Omega red (with Suicides) in damage comparison (or it will be a close one).. if someone knows how to use NAMOR properly
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    His sig ability alone is broken so yes