**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Shang-Chi Confirmed for Next Month.

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
Marvel Contest of Champions Posted a Shang-Chi teaser on YouTube and Twitter

The description could possibly hint at Mister Negative coming as well because of the Leak that we got

All in all very excited for next month

Comments

• Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Broken OP synergy with Iron Fist?
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

McFabio said:

McFabio said:

This is Hype

No, Hype was released in 2016

My bad

This is Shang-Chi
    Or maybe this is the ultimate tease and they’re actually releasing Mystique
    They want to release Mystique but apparently her mechanics especially with shape-shifting is easier said than done and that's what's been holding that up.
  • Options
    AAAHAAAH Posts: 26
    I wonder when we’ll see mandarin tho
  • Options
    Regal_PantherRegal_Panther Posts: 13

They want to release Mystique but apparently her mechanics especially with shape-shifting is easier said than done and that's what's been holding that up.
    Preloaded shapeshifting from the pre-fight screen should lower the load. Maybe limit her to a few guises per day and give her a roster screen to support changes.

Glad they're taking their time with that because I don't want a Mystique that only shifts in Sp3 cut scenes and add nothing to the in-fight dynamic (I'm looking at you, Vision (AoU & Classic); lacking phasing and diamond density abilities in fight with phasing in the Sp3 only).
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Preloaded shapeshifting from the pre-fight screen should lower the load. Maybe limit her to a few guises per day and give her a roster screen to support changes.

Glad they're taking their time with that because I don't want a Mystique that only shifts in Sp3 cut scenes and add nothing to the in-fight dynamic (I'm looking at you, Vision (AoU & Classic); lacking phasing and diamond density abilities in fight with phasing in the Sp3 only).
    You have to also remember that shapeshifters can take the form of an individual but they can't fully replicate Powers. So she's not going to be throwing lightning bolts or Optic blasts like any of the other X-Men. Probably the only ones that would be of use would be Colossus' ironskin, wolverines claws and archangel's wings
  • Options
    JahnybravoJahnybravo Posts: 69
    it's obviously Shang-Chi, but man those gloves give me Shocker vibes
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★

You have to also remember that shapeshifters can take the form of an individual but they can't fully replicate Powers. So she's not going to be throwing lightning bolts or Optic blasts like any of the other X-Men. Probably the only ones that would be of use would be Colossus' ironskin, wolverines claws and archangel's wings
    Can her claws be adamantium like wolvie's? Also emma, iceman, maybe beast and sabertooth of mutant class only. Also thing, Luke cage, venom, groot, tigra, hit monkey, rocket, squirrel, korg, kingpin, dd (become blind?)
    And yes, we already have rogue, who is supposed to steal powers while touching opponent... Doesn't really work like that.
    Legion could be nice with limited pool of powers. But that would've be like making many champs to release one, so not gonna happen probably
  • Options
    AAAHAAAH Posts: 26
    Aleor said:

Can her claws be adamantium like wolvie's? Also emma, iceman, maybe beast and sabertooth of mutant class only. Also thing, Luke cage, venom, groot, tigra, hit monkey, rocket, squirrel, korg, kingpin, dd (become blind?)
    And yes, we already have rogue, who is supposed to steal powers while touching opponent... Doesn't really work like that.
    Legion could be nice with limited pool of powers. But that would've be like making many champs to release one, so not gonna happen probably

She can’t replicate adamantium

• Options
    onitsudryonitsudry Posts: 9
    Finally a new fighting champion...
    Hope he will have this kind of strike
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I'm excited for Shang Chi. I wonder what class he'll be. Skill or Mystic most certainly, but which? And will he have a weapon as teased in the MCOC teaser? So many questions. I want to see him Kabam!!
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,004 ★★★★★
    I'm fairly certain he will have non-contact weapon attacks
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    If he can keep the fighting style as comic then it is pretty great.

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Looks like Mister Negative is science and he has some sort of exhaustion mechanic, and Shang-Chi is skill

edit: just watched the video again, and Shang-Chi's specials were 5 hits, and they were all crits. looks like we might have another Skill Corvus on our hands
  • Options
    AAAH said:

Aleor said:

She can’t replicate adamantium

In fact they made it a point in the first X-men film with Wolverine vs Mystique. He sliced right through her claws with no problem.
  • Options

I'm excited for Shang Chi. I wonder what class he'll be. Skill or Mystic most certainly, but which? And will he have a weapon as teased in the MCOC teaser? So many questions. I want to see him Kabam!!

Skill and wielding nunchucks for some of his attacks
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Just watched the demo video, pretty attractive.

• Options
    HemajHemaj Posts: 9
    Waiting for the updates...
  • Options
    Hemaj said:

Waiting for the updates...

Patch notes should be coming out in about 25 minutes
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,004 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

Just watched the demo video, pretty attractive.

Mr Negative looks dope
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Shang-Chi SP looks awesome and reminds me of Street Fighter 2 Ryu doing Hadouken.

• Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 541 ★★★

Looks like Mister Negative is science and he has some sort of exhaustion mechanic, and Shang-Chi is skill

edit: just watched the video again, and Shang-Chi's specials were 5 hits, and they were all crits. looks like we might have another Skill Corvus on our hands

If you watch Mister Negative’s special attack and compare it to Shang-Chi’s (not his special 3), it gives very little power. It looks like Mister Negative will also have some power gain reduction abilities.